Ladies who Premake Daily formula!!!???

I've been giving my little one a bottle straight from fridge he doesn't care what temp it is is this ok?

Lynda

Lynda- should be okay.. my sisters little guy drank cold formula, although sometimes he did get an upset stomach so she would just warm it up enough to take the chill off, that's only when he was having tummy problems! xx

I have always done it this way: Make all the bottles in the morning (started with 6 bottles, now down to 4). Fill them with boiled water. Then they stay sat on the side (not in the sun), and I just put the amount of formula in she needs. I fill some pots with ready-counted scoops of formula if I'm having a busy day or going out, otherwise I just get it out the box. I don't warm LO's bottles as she takes them at room temperature and doesn't mind either way.

This is what I do, but was told by one MW today it was wrong, even though O had been told to do this by another MW

Why did MW say it is wrong? .... I do this lol and Ava is perfectly fine! the water is warmed up before I put the formula in as Ava is fussy on temperature, I will still do it when she drinks at room temp... if she ever does :haha:

MW said it greatens the risk of gastrionetisis (excuse spelling!)

But I was told by another MW it is fine, maybe it's a difference of opinion

MW said it greatens the risk of gastrionetisis (excuse spelling!)

But I was told by another MW it is fine, maybe it's a difference of opinion

Strictly speaking there is a greater risk when compared to making fresh with water that is no less an 70 degrees but as long as you use it as soon as you mix the formula in and discard any after use the bacteria don't have time to multiply enough to do any harm.

Yeah I have been doing it for 4 months now, haven't had a problem at all. I just warm water up (don't know if it is exactly 70 degrees) then I add the formula shake and feed. Its so easy that way.

Yeah I have been doing it for 4 months now, haven't had a problem at all. I just warm water up (don't know if it is exactly 70 degrees) then I add the formula shake and feed. Its so easy that way.

See for me if you are heating the water up before each feed anyway you might as well boil the water, add the powder when the water is hot then you know the bacteria have been killed, cool and store in the fridge then just heat when needed - saves the faff of adding powder each time a feed is needed - I find that even easier lol.

^WSS. Agree with BigBetty I think this is easier and perhaps safer

can u use boiled water straigh away then insread of waiting half an hour?

can u use boiled water straigh away then insread of waiting half an hour?

It needs to be hot enough to kill the bacteria, but not so hot it destroys the nutrients - that's why 70 degrees is optimum water temperature.

When I said boil the water and add the powder I meant after letting it cool for 30mins rather than letting it go cold, reheating then adding the powder.

Sorry for the misunderstanding xx

See for me if you are heating the water up before each feed anyway you might as well boil the water, add the powder when the water is hot then you know the bacteria have been killed, cool and store in the fridge then just heat when needed - saves the faff of adding powder each time a feed is needed - I find that even easier lol.

Well I dont warm it up so hot that I have to cool it down, I just pop it in the micro for the temp she likes it?

I did make pre made, and loved the convenience, except for 2 things, the formula smelled really weird after I warmed it up, and I use bottles that cannot go in the micro for longer than 20 secs so when the bottles are chilled in the fridge they take way longer than 20 secs to warm up to her temp.

They arent meant for micro really..., they are meant to put in a cup of boiling water to warm, and if I am going to do that I would just make them fresh everytime!!! :dohh:

Problem is I never know when Ava is going to want to eat , so to make a bottle fresh everytime is so time consuming to me. She is a sporadic eater like I said.. so I just go with the flow, but when she wants a bottle no way no how does she want to sit their and wait for that bottle, she wants it NOW.. so I have like 1 minute to get her bottle or she is screaming...:cry:

Also I cant pour, boiling water, or anything even close to into these bottles as the liner will burst... so I donno :shrug:

Any suggestions:wacko:? how I should make them, and the fastest way as Ava has NO patience when it comes to eating:nope:. xx

I'm sorry love I don't have any other suggestions, sounds like the way you are doing it is the fastest for the bottles you have.

I think all formula smells anyway whether it's fresh, reheated or from a carton lol.

@Cat Lover- Hahaah okay wait, to test temperature you lick the drops off your wrist ?? what :rofl: :rofl:

urgh i wouldnt taste it :sick:

what bottles do u have divinebeauty?

and yes i agree they smell anyway but i think they smell worse out of a carton :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->