Language explosion

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
I was watching an interesting programme the other day about language development, and it was really interesting, anyway at the moment Ella is saying new words everyday and I cant keep up, I love seeing her grow and develop and learn new things each day, its so rewarding to think, I helped her to develop and learn :)

Yesterday I woke up, ella was sat next to me with her teddy pointing at its nose saying "nose nose" she must have remembered the word and decided to say it unprompted. And again this morning she had my book, pointing at a picture of a cake saying "cake cake" Iv never tried to teach her that word, she has just picked it up.

she can now say all the facial features, eyes, ears, mouth, nose and also toes and knees, and can make little sentences like "go on there" "there you go" "dont you dare" "its a bear"

I just think it is amazing how their little minds work, must be like sponges, I am doing child care soon, and I cant wait to learn all about development and learning!

Aww its brill isn't it?
Jack learnt potatoe yesterday lol
Its great when they just do it and it proves that as parents babbling away all day to them does have some effect
My fave at the moent is "go way" usually said to Emily :)

go away hehe thats a good one to know! Ella said weetabix this morning too, which surprised me becuase thats quite a difficult word!

Yeh it justproves they do actually listen to what were saying lol although half the time choose to ignore it!

Lmao too right
He knows so many words it really suprises me sometimes, though he does pretend to be mute around a lot of people:roll:
How many words are they meant to know by now??
*toddles off to look it up*

chloes fav sentence at the moment is...

callum.. dont you dare!!!!!

Ella is the same, when she's around people she doesnt know she can be so quiet and just stares at them, like at home she will sing and dance and do actions, at tumble tots she is such a people watcher that she just stands and watches quetly lol.

On the prpgramme it said that at around 18 months they will say around 50 words, I thought wow thats alot then when I actually started to count ella's words she can say more! you forget half of the words they can say

https://www.scholastic.com/earlylearner/age1/language/todd_explosion.htm

Aww bless her
average 2 year old should have about 50 words apparently
just found this for developing toddler skills, looks good
https://www.babycenter.com/toddler/toddlerdevelopment/index#toddlerspeechBkmk
Gonna do a count up of Jacks words, I love how they say stuff only parents can understand though :)
Emily used to say "Gigam" this could either mean shoes or a drink LOL

yes it said that on the programme how only people who spend alot of time with the child can understand what they are saying lol

Its so cute when Ella says dont you dare! I wonder where they get it from lol

loli have to admit this is form me... wen hes in the bath he splashes nonstop so wen he raises his hand im like!!! callum dont u dare :rofl:

loli have to admit this is form me... wen hes in the bath he splashes nonstop so wen he raises his hand im like!!! callum dont u dare :rofl:

Same here, I dont say it as much now, but used to always say "Ella dont you dare" she started of saying dat dare and couldnt work out what she was trying to say, then we realised, now she says it really clear dont you dare hehe its funny what they pick up

chloe also goes uh uh uh!!! liek wen sum1 is doin summit wrong u make tht noise, u no wot i mean lol?

I know what you mean lol bless she she's going to be a mini version of you! Well I guess all kids are becuase they imitate us so well!

Right Jack has learnt so far
1. Cat
2.dog
3.Bella(our dog)
4.Meow
5.Cow
6.Bips(crisps)
7.Bisc(biscuit)
8.Cup
9.Gone
10.more
11.memy(emily)
12.Ami(my sister)
13.work
14.School
15.no
16.nappy
17.Dodo(dummy)
18.milk
19.Tigger
20.bear
21.pooh bear
22.Nice
23.stinky
24.nose
25.eyes
26.mouth
27.ears
28.hands
29.head
30.hat
31.shoes
32.socks
33.Dirty
34.Yak
35.Dinner
36.out
37.fork
39.spoon
40.kiss
41.draw
42.baby
43.digger
44.car
45.slide
46.juice
47.banana
48.potato
49.Na night (bed)
50.mummy
51.daddy
52.tubbies(telly tubbies)
53.hello
Thats all i can think of for the minute but i am sure there is loads more

yea, she says so much now its so funny! i need 2 watch wot im sayin now lol, was watchin hollyoaks sayin how claire was a physcho, n chloe was goin physcho!!!!!! physcho :blush:

ok let me try and think ella says:

1. lets go
2.there you go
3. whats that
4.dont you dare
5.go on there
6. where
7. up
8.down
9.book
10.cat
11.dog
12.duck
13.rabbit
14.quack quack
15.mooo
16.baa baa
17.cluck cluck
18.ee eee ee (mouse noise)
19.mouse
20.gee gee
21.din dins
22.bot bot
23.mummy
24.daddy
25.nana
25.nic nic
26.aimie
27.louis
28.back pack (of dora)
29.map (of dora)
30.go go go (of dora)
31.giggle
32.mine
33.ball
34.car
35.kick kick
36.crips
37.bic bic
38.choc choc
39.more
40.again
41.wee wee
42.poo poo
43.eyes
44.ears
45.mouth
46.nose
47.knee's
48.toes
49.sock
50.drink
51.kiss
52.hug
53.yuk
54.mmmm nice
55.ni night
56.weetabix
57.bubbles
58.yes
59.no
60.hello
61. bye bye
62. bear
63. wow
64.meow
65. woof woof
66. sky

I'll probably think of more! I kept looking at your list Jo and it was reminding me of words!

Maddie said "anna" this morning :)

Well chuffed

xxx

Is Anna the Au Pair ? aww bet she was pleased too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back