lap and dye this Friday (19th)

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
Hey Ladies!

Well my lap/dye is scheduled for this Friday! I'm a mess about it naturally. Had my pre-op and was a little freaked out since then, especially because DH can't be with me right up till I go in to the OR. I'm scared :cry: on top of that I'm fighting off a cold I just pray it holds off till...well forever lol! I just think I'm totally freaking myself out and my body is going into stress mode or something lol. I can't even talk about the surgery because I get so anxious, I'm not sure if I'm more anxious for the actual surgery or the actual results of what they find! TTC for this long and then to find out our options are very limited will just crush me but at the same time if we find out its unexplained and nothing is truly wrong I will feel I'm back to square one and my chances are just as small! :shrug: i hate this! BLAH!

Hey! I am going for my lap this Friday also!! I wasn't too nervous, until he read me the list of stuff that "could go wrong"..yikes. I think we will both be fine. I am actually looking forward to actually getting some answers, instead of being labeled "unexplained".

I hope it works out for you.

OMG thats awesome suddenly I feel not so alone! DH isn't really helping last night I tried to talk about and said I was scared for Friday and he said..."I dont know what to say" shocking! lol. Anyways, did you have a HSG to indicate any problems? I had one in July and it should possible bilaterial blockage, doctor isn't sure if the tubes spasmed or are truly blocked, so I'm having a lap/dye and hysteroscopy. I hope everything goes well for you too and you get more answers to get you closer to a BFP! My surgery is scheduled for 8am and I'm in Toronto so I will update probably saturday...please let me know how your's goes as well!! praying for yoU!

Hi both, masses of good luck hugs. My story of my lap and dye is in the success stories section.
My advice for you both is to take it really easy for at least 5 days after. I tried to go back to work the next day and needed the week off to recover from the anesthetic and the operation. It wasn't too bad at all during the actual op' and hospital time but the gas escaping through my shoulders was a bit long winded and tedious. I also bled for 10 days afterwards which I hasn't been warned about.
This op' was the turning point in my journey, and I hope it will be the same for both you ladies :0)

thank you so much RKW! I'm holding on to hope that this will start to speed things up for us I really do, I'm not sure if I'm more scared for the op itself or the results :( Its like if I'm not worried about one thing its another thing that creeps in and a new set of worry kicks in! Congrats to you :hug:

hi hun hope your ok. i just wanted to share my story. i have suffered with panick attacks for years. i had to have a lap in june this year. i literally made myself ill with the stress. i had never been put to sleep before and was totally freaking out. please believe me......its fine :)). a lap is usually only 30-60min long so when you awake its not that bad at all. maybe a little dehydrated. i was a wreck when i knew my partner couldnt come thro but honestly it was for the best as i calmed down alone and had natter with women in next beds.
i since gone on to need a laparotomy. which is 3hr op cutting along bikini line......also totally fine!!!! i am such a wimp and a worrier hun so i wanted to let you know if i can do it anyone can xxxx huge good luck

Thanks louimum! How did both surgeries go? what were the results? what was your receover like from the lap?

honestly the lap i was absolutly fine. very dehydrated for few days and a little tender. but no worse than period cramps at all.
my lap results were the worst part. totally covered in adhesions.there had been no chance whatsoever of pregnancy.i was devestated. he booked my laparotomy in so i then had terrible 3month wait. again i worked myself up sooo bad. but again was ok. i even got myself off the morphine and out of the hosp within 24hrs. they had said 3days!!! i was very drowsy after the laparotomy but it was a 3hr op. few hours later i was eating tea and toast :))
i wish i could stress to you how much of a wimp i am hun. total worrier nervous wreck. i promise you will be fine. i kept thinking of why i was puttin myself thro this hell and hoping that one day ill have my bfp to show for all the stress xxxx
please keep me updated on your lap. any more questions dont hesitate to ask

I'm sorry to hear the results weren't good, did the laparotomy help with the adhesions at all? I'm sorry I'm not sure what they do in a laparotomy I dont want to sound insensitive at all! I'm really not trying to work myself up at one point I'm excited to finally be getting some answers, then I get scared something will come up and stop the surgery like a cold or something (haven't been feeling too well all week) then I just get scared for the surgery itself, but I think in reality I'm really just very scared of the results! I think the results will be so definitive that its unnerving because I know if the FS says its IVF and thats the only option I know we are out of the game for atleast 2-3 years because there is no way we can afford it right now :(

I had a lap and dye done a couple of years ago. It really was nothing to worry about. I just felt a bit crampy when I woke up. I was actually disappointed that they didn't find anything because I wanted a reason for not falling pregnant. They may find something that they can correct during surgery. Hope it all goes well - but it really is nothing to worry about. And they may find nothing but if they do, then they might be able to put it right.

With regards to recovery time, I was up and about pretty much straight away but I did feel a little sensitive around my stomach. Almost like I'd done a few too many sit ups but you know it's not that so just take it easy.

Good luck x

i know i was the same hun. we knew we arent eligable for ivf so there is so much pressure for the clomid now to work. a laparotomy is a full bikini incision 3hour op. some adhesions can be sorted thro a normal lap but mine were too severe. my cons seemed very positive that he had sorted me out now. but i know it can obviously cause more scaring as its surgery again.
the stress is awful isnt it :-((

your so right the worry never stops its sad sometimes! Well I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for the both of us that things work out and we fall pregnant very soon!! :hug:

me too xxxx please keep me posted on your lap. good luck :))

OMG thats awesome suddenly I feel not so alone! DH isn't really helping last night I tried to talk about and said I was scared for Friday and he said..."I dont know what to say" shocking! lol. Anyways, did you have a HSG to indicate any problems? I had one in July and it should possible bilaterial blockage, doctor isn't sure if the tubes spasmed or are truly blocked, so I'm having a lap/dye and hysteroscopy. I hope everything goes well for you too and you get more answers to get you closer to a BFP! My surgery is scheduled for 8am and I'm in Toronto so I will update probably saturday...please let me know how your's goes as well!! praying for yoU!

I will definitely let you know. As it gets closer I am getting so much more nervous. I was tearing up a little before thinking about it. I am being such a baby. I have only been under once before, and it really wasn't bad - but I am such a worry wart. Reading through these other ladies' posts is definitely helping me feel better. Fingers crossed for us both that it goes well and they can fix whatever is wrong, and we will have our BFPs SOON!!! :hugs:

I will definitely let you know. As it gets closer I am getting so much more nervous. I was tearing up a little before thinking about it. I am being such a baby. I have only been under once before, and it really wasn't bad - but I am such a worry wart. Reading through these other ladies' posts is definitely helping me feel better. Fingers crossed for us both that it goes well and they can fix whatever is wrong, and we will have our BFPs SOON!!! :hugs:

:hugs: I've only been put under once before too....when I got my wisdom teeth taken out lol but these is a lot more different with the breathing tube, and signing all the consent forms and etc it weighs heavier on my mind....but I will take comfort in knowing that someone else is going through this with me! :hugs:

HearMyPrayers how did you do? I am very sore today. My lap wound up taking over 2 hours, they found endo on my ovary, uterus, intestines, bladder, etc. I have to be on a clear liquid diet for the next couple of days to keep my stomach from bloating up to much. I am so glad it is over, and I now have a reason why I am not getting pregnant, or miscarrying early. I hope yours went ok, and you are recovering nicely.

awwww hope your ok hun. i know the feeling of relief its all over :)) have they been able to remove all your endo etc? thinking of you both xxxx

awwww hope your ok hun. i know the feeling of relief its all over :)) have they been able to remove all your endo etc? thinking of you both xxxx

Yes my doc was able to get it all. There was alot on my intestines so I am on a clear diet for now, so as not to upset things. The gas that was pumped into me is working its way out. Thank you!

HearMyPrayers how did you do? I am very sore today. My lap wound up taking over 2 hours, they found endo on my ovary, uterus, intestines, bladder, etc. I have to be on a clear liquid diet for the next couple of days to keep my stomach from bloating up to much. I am so glad it is over, and I now have a reason why I am not getting pregnant, or miscarrying early. I hope yours went ok, and you are recovering nicely.

:hugs: I'm happy it went well for you and they found a reason for you not getting pregnant! My surgery went well too took about an hour and DH spoke with the FS after the surgery and he told DH we are clear and good to go! :happydance: no blockage we are open for business. I'm very sore walking is tough and the gas pain just started this evening. I'm so happy you are doing well and recovering nicely. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->