lap and dye this Friday (19th)

Hi ladies

Long time no chat...how we all doing?

So, nothing new from our point of view except for the fact that I started a new job. I started at the beginning of June, and I'm loving it. They offer an amazing enhanced maternity package, but you have to be there for a year in the qualifying week, which is 15 weeks before the expected week of childbirth. To cut a long story short, it means that if we want to qualify for the enhanced package (and I gotta be honest, it's worth about 6 months pay, which raly can't be sniffed at!) we can't start trying again until December.

Now that works well for our IVF treatment, because we qualify in December.....or at least we did. We got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that they'd changed the way funding was calculated and did we want to start sooner!! If only the enhanced package wasn't so good, we could have started before the end of the year. We've had to think about very seriously, and decided to stick to the original plan - the amount of money we can make from leaving it that bit longer and qualifying for the enhanced package will pay for more cycles of IVF if the NHS funded ones don't take.

So anyway - anyone got some good news to share? Would be lovely to hear from you all.

Take care x

Hey Wishin!

SO good to hear from you! :hugs:

No really news here. My hormones are out of control lately, DH and I are waiting and saving up some money hopefully we can try our first IUI attempt in August.

Im glad you are doing well! What a tough choice you had to make geez that must have been hard but I think from the sounds of it you picked the option for you and your DH! Congrats on the new job as well!

hey ladies, i know this is an ongoing thread but after my HSG came back as inconclusive for the right tube after 5 attempts they have decided to do a Lap and Dye which weirdly i'm so excited about! :happydance: Finally i will know for sure what the heck, if anything, is going on in there! I've signed all the consent forms and now just need to wait for the date to come through the post.

I've also finally persuaded them to give me clomid!! It's been a real fight for the last year with my FS but once i quoted NICE guidelines at them and how my CCG guidelines are not meeting the NICE guidelines... suddenly he could bend the rules and let me try it! So after my lap and dye i will also be getting 6 months monitored clomid :happydance: amazing what happens when you speak to the head honcho in their own language! :thumbup:

Finally making some headway and being taken seriously about my short cycles and chronic spotting despite all my hormone tests being 'normal' -

Well to the forum Shells, we're here to help and encourage :) Good luck with the lap and dye, and keep us informed with your progress.

Hear, good to hear form you - I hope your hormones calm down soon and you and hubby are able to save for IUI come August. Thanks for the job congrats too - I'm really enjoying it - challenging work, great people, amazing enhanced maternity if we can get pregnant after 6 months...bring it on!!

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Take care ladies, here's for some happy shagging, :dust::dust:, and hopefully some BFPs before too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->