lap & dye 6 days before xmas!! ???

Did anyone take provera before lap? Mines are due 2 days after the op but told the doc a wee white lie so i could delay them a bit further,but it says on the pack don't take before or after surgery! Lol

I had a lap and dye, and was back at work in 3 days.
Its really not painful. The 1st day you are tired, day 2 your stitches are annoying..day 3 you can feel your ovaries when u sneeze lol, by day 4 you are pretty much back in full swing, just no BD, and no stretching to the top of the tree, get a step stool! The stitches were the most annoying part. I also got my bfp after my lap and dye, I hope the same for you!! I think you will be okay, starting the year fresh and renewed for TTC! Good luck and I say go for it!

Did anyone take provera before lap? Mines are due 2 days after the op but told the doc a wee white lie so i could delay them a bit further,but it says on the pack don't take before or after surgery! Lol

I took provera (the generic one) to start my period. We had 15 days before the surgery and I had a big ugly cyst, so Dr. thought we could get my bleed going and over with by the time of surgery. I started AF the day of surgery, it was light so they went ahead and did it--i got my bfp that cycle as well after the lap.

That's great congratulations to you both! I hope i get some of your luck! X

I just read this thread. I'm having lap and dye done on Jan.27. My RE is having me take some meds to prevent ovulation. I have to start taking it CD1. I should start on the 31st of this month and due again the day before surgery but doc said I won't start as long as I take the meds everyday until after surgery is over.

I'm really nervous. I'm wondering how long it will take me to get my cycle back after stoping the meds. Anyone know?

I just read this thread. I'm having lap and dye done on Jan.27. My RE is having me take some meds to prevent ovulation. I have to start taking it CD1. I should start on the 31st of this month and due again the day before surgery but doc said I won't start as long as I take the meds everyday until after surgery is over.

I'm really nervous. I'm wondering how long it will take me to get my cycle back after stoping the meds. Anyone know?

Sorry, but no I don't. I wasn't pit on anything to prevent ovulation as the lap and dye was done on cd3, and I think you'll find that most of us weren't. Putting you on meds (sounds like BCPs to me) is just a way of controlling your cycle so they can put your surgery anywhere they want. My was planned for a particular Monday but if AF was still heavy it would have been postponed until the following Monday (luckily by cd3 I was light ready). As long as you haven't O'd yet it's fine.

Also, from what I remember about getting of BCP years ago, I went to 'normal' immediately, but some other ladies in here have different experiences. Some took much longer to go to normal.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's hormones like a super dose of bcp. I just hate the thought of taking that for so long.

Fluterby - is there any chance you can talk your doc out of not doing the med? Do you think they'd be willing to work around your cycle as it is naturally?

He only does surgery certain days and I have the first avab appointment. Maybe if they delayed it but then my dh wouldn't be home to help me. He's off during this time so it works out for us. I might call them and ask if there is a way I can take it less to delay my period

Ahh, I see. That makes sense.

I hope it works out well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"