Lap & Dye Time Off?

Bumbleby

Mum to 5 year old Boy
Reaction score
Hi ya!

Have my lap and dye that was booked for Jan but has been moved to feb. My fs has said that I'm best not to go back to work until the following monday-it's being carried out on a wednesday. Is that normal, it isn't painful is it or is it just cos of the general anaesthetic? They are fairly sure I will have to have tubes worked on while they are in there from the blood test results.

If anyone has anything to share with me on the Lap & dye would be good to hear from you. Also anyone with icsi experience as that could be the next step one more sa will determine that!

:dust: & :hug:

My lap surgeon told me a full week off work to recover - I have my lap in feb too.

Best wishes.

I took one week off but I was still sore when I went back to work. Best is two weeks and then I was fully recovered.

I took one week off but I was still sore when I went back to work. Best is two weeks and then I was fully recovered.

Hi Trying4ever

Was that with repair work or just straight up lap and dye? I'm just starting to wonder now if my 5 days is gonna be enough time?!

Thanks again!

:dust:

What kind of repair work?

First lap and dye they lasered off a lot of my endo, was in pelvis rather than tubes, had it done a friday then a week off so 9 days total and was ok.

Second lap I had a tube removed, there was an infection too though and I was pretty rotten after that. Needed 2 weeks.

Depends on the nature of your work as well. My job is fairly active so I took about a month off due to swelling and not wanting to damage myself after everything I had been through. If you work in an office you may be ok after a week and a half.

FS has said if there is scarring to tubes they will try and work on this while they are in there so am expecting they will be treating tubes unless they find anything else! Fx they don't x

I am having tubes removed, cyst removed, and endo burned off - they told me one week - but I will take as much time as I need.

:hugs: to you all, I hope that you get your babies soon.

And Blue12 I would definitely have more than a week off, I was in pretty bad shape after having the tube removed.

I had the Op on a Friday and went back to work the following Thurs. I was still pretty sore though and probably should have had a bit longer. Whilst I was at home resting I felt a bit of a fraud as mostly I felt fine but sitting at a desk at work all day in a suit was actually quite uncomfortable! Any pain goes after a couple of days and the you jsut need to take it easy. IT was the scare in the belly button which was most sore for me!

Good luck

i also took a full 7 days off and then worked shorter hours for three days until i felt fully recovered. is important to take it easy. xxx RR

Hi Trying4ever

Was that with repair work or just straight up lap and dye? I'm just starting to wonder now if my 5 days is gonna be enough time?!

Thanks again!

:dust:

It was supposed to be just a look around but they also lasered some endo...so it wasnt as bad as having tube or anything worked on and that was bad enough for me!

I'm due to go for ovarian drilling in spring/summer '10, so I guess I need to either get sorted holiday wise to cover this, or start saving up for lost earnings!

I had Endo burnt off and a benign tumor removed. I was not too sore from the actual lap, but took me about a week to get on my feet again as the gas left in my body was blooming horrendous!

I had a lap and dye with dnc (had to remove growths in uterus) in august 2009 and had to take 2 weeks off of work. I had belly button tenderness for about a month after that. the effects are different for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->