Laparoscopy, HSG and Hysteroscopy

ald

TTC for a very long time!
Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies,

This morning I had a phone call from my FS to say I had to go to a pre-op appt at the hospitial next Wednesday and all of the above operations will be done on the Thursday (cd1 tomorrow).

Has anyone else had all 3 ops done at once? Does it hurt? What can I expect?

Please help me I am feeling very nervous an scared at the moment, I wasnt expecting them so soon?

Thank you

Hi there, please do not worry...i had this done in dec last year. I had just the hsg test done in sept...it all went horribly wrong...i was told that both my tubes were blocked...anyway i was persuaded to have the lap etc done as my new consultant was not convinced that my tubes were blocked. I went in at 8am....the nurses were so lovely...i was the first one in as i have a latex allergy...i had the injection and then dont remember a thing after that until my consultant was trying to wake me up to tell me that everything was fine...my tubes were perfect etc. Anyway hubby bought me home...it wa s uncomfortable to lie down as they pump u full of air and i couldnt breath when i was lying down...so i just slept for the first couple of nights propped up with some pillows. The worst thing was that you are so bloated afterwards and it took a week for this to go down, so make sure that you were something lose to the hospital so that you can feel comfortable when you come home. I had 2 weeks off work...this is generally not the norm...but because i teach massage for a living. But to be honest by day 3 i was fine...you have a couple of stitches in you tummy button and a small cut in your bikin area...i had no vaginal bleeding either. I actgually spent the second week off putting all my xmas decorationas up and christmas shopping..it was fab. Well i hope thiss puts your mind at rest...any other questions then just contact me. xxx

I had them all done all at once. I ended up getting my BFP three month laters. Just some discomfort when moving around for about two days...then like magic I was feeling better. It honestly took me about a week to feel mostly normal. But I was able to go back to work after three days.

Don't worry, be happy....you are that much closer to your BFP now :)

I had them all done at once too. It took about 3 days of taking it easy and I was good to go. Some cramping and bleeding. I got pg the same cycle. It's a GREAT way to find out if you need further help from the doctor. And if your tubes are blocked, mine were, the procedures might open a tube! :)

Than you for your kind words everyone, it is reasurring to hear people who have had it done.

Was you under the Gerenal for all of the procedures, or did they some some with you awake?

Also, I have to stay in hospital overnight? did you? (I'm not sure if this is the norm for the UK, but here in germany they keep you in for anything!!!)

Having one on the 10th September. Scared!

Hear you about Germany. Bloody paranoid here :dohh: Though they said I will be out the same day, and it's under General Anaesetic. D:

x

I had mine done in Germany. It's a same-day proccedure and you can go home that same day. They will keep you overnight if you have issues with the surgery. Mine was under general. I LOVED my Germany docs. They were the best Docs I have ever had. Just keep a smile!! :)

Hi ald and Nath, I had mine done in May this year...still waiting on a BFP thou. Here is a link to a thread that may be of some help https://www.babyandbump.com/seconda...trying-conceive-sucess-after-laparoscopy.html

Good luck, everything will be fine!

Hi all. I had HSG in Sept 06 and fell pregnant in Nov 06, unfortunately we have been ttc #2 for 14 months now. I had MC last xmas and suffer PCOS but am hopeful still. We just bought CBFM to see if it would help us and despite it saying PCOS might make it unable to work for me we used it this month for the first time and it gave both high and peak results, we are now waiting and trying not to hope too much for success. Wehave been referred again but not sure what will happen this time as all tests done last time were inconclusive and just said "unexplained"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->