Lapland UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliebank

♥Mummy to Katie & Ethan♥
Reaction score
Just came across this & thought some of you with kids might be interested - cheaper than the real Lapland!!!

https://www.laplanduk.co.uk/

Unlike the new forest one this really is worth going to. Even though initially it seems expensive it's more than worth it. I took 5 of my children 3 weeks ago and it was wonderful. The children are totally occupied from the time you enter the departure lounge to the time you leave (it took me an hour of saying 'it's time we went home now' to get the kids out). There are elves everywhere to help you and the children and I don't regret taking my children one bit.....it's well worth it as a once in a lifetime treat.

Now I am a grumpy Daddy, and when Mummy suggested that we trek half way across the country to go to Lapland UK (and pay what seems a pricey entry fee) I wasn't the happiest of bunnies - especially as I found the Lapland New Forest website and it seemed significantly cheaper. But Mummy insisted on Lapland UK and as you know Mummy always gets her way...

But I have to admit that when we got there I was still in a grump and whilst I wasn't going to spoil the day, I was ready to pick up and remember any fault so that I could tell Mummy what a waste of money it had been (and don't take that tone of voice with me reader, we all do it...)

Now if you are going to LAPLAND UK don't bother reading any further - just know you will have a good time. I haven't really done a spoiler (incidentally Darth Vader is Lukes father, the girl in the Crying Game is really a dude and Bruce Willis is a ghost in the Sixth Sense) but reading the rest of this could spoil your magical day and I wouldn't want to do that.

Now anyone left - you are presumable thinking about going or considering it for next year. My advice - do it!

Once we got there and had to queue up with about 35 other people I took my first and only fault to pick with mummy - initially it felt a wee bit like cattle being herded, but that was forgotten as soon as we went in.

The activities were organised like clockwork, the whole thing was magical for children and adults alike. The good points...

* The activities were fun and clearly entertained all the children and most of the adults.

* The animals - reindeer and huskies - were all clearly well looked after. The huskies particularly seemed to be enjoying meeting people.

* The ice-skating was included and there were elves to help those not so steady on their feet.

* The meal included in the price was decent and there was a good variety to suit everyone - even grumpy Daddy

* There were surprises - we found a couple of tee-pees where a couple of Santa's elves were reading stories.

* AND most importantly - Santa. The queue for Santa was only 10 minutes (with activities for children in that time). Importantly, the queue is nowhere near Santa's house - when you go and see Santa you go down a snowy path with his elf - it makes the child feel so much more special then standing in a long queue just outside the grotto. Santa knew my sons name and the soccatots team he plays for (it was worth it just for that look of surprise!). Santa even had a present for Mummy and Grumpy Daddy too.

Now the real reason why I have bothered posting. I see that there is a lot of bad press about a Lapland New Forest and from the pictures and reports I have heard the two are not even comparable.

I would hate to see Lapland UK who made a truly magical day for my family in any way tarnished with the same brush.

So Lapland UK - Yeah :happydance:
Lapland New Forrest - M'eh :cry:

And yes - Mummy was right...

WOW... that sounds really cool.... Too bad we dont have anything like that here in USA

nice post tsktskdaddy. Was really disappointed we couldn't afford this one this year! maybe next year, im sure my little girl will enjoy it more then anyway. Can't wait!

I want to thank the grumpy daddy for his post.

I worked at Lapland UK last year and am back there again this year as a Gingerbread elf. This year, I also took my kids along. We had a marvellous day and although the tickets are pricy everything is included. Food, ice skating, gingerbread, presents for all.... We didn't actually fit everything in in the time we had (we were the last departure of the day). The children - aged 8 and 6 - were entranced and even though I've watched them build it this year - in fact, four days before we went it was half finished and I really had my doubts!! - it was wonderful. I feel so sorry for the people going to the new forest - what a disappointment for their children. I'm especially sorry for the kids who watched a man punch Santa (and the little boy who saw him smoking).

Lapland UK and Lapland New Forest really aren't comparable, as tsktskdaddy rightly says. I just hope the new forest lot get their act together and can bring back the magic. Christmas really doesn't have to be tacky

Thank you also to grumpy daddy.
I was getting a little nervous as I have booked for my son & myself to visit lapland Uk the Sat before Xmas. It cost £85 each ticket, together with a hotel bill of £100 it was to be a one off for my son. (I love christmas ) With the reviews re the New Forest I was getting a little apprehensive, as expensive does not always mean better....
Anyway, my faith now restored that I have indeed made a good decision, I can only sit back and wait for our special weekend to arrive.
The magic has already started though in our house, as 'santa' (from lapland uk) has already written a special letter to my son inviting him to help the elves and to make gingerbread, aswell as to see the special man himself and receive a gift. My son was full of gasps when I was reading the letter to him, and kept repeating, "he wants me, me to help him" "I can't beleive it mum" he is just six, and is sooo excited. :awww:

It would be good to hear from anyone else who has been.

Hi
Just to let people know that we are giving free husky cart rides at windsor, 11th and 18th
4pm to 7pm. come and hug a husky
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh