• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Large Family? Come join us!!!

Just read through this thread. I'm sorry for the losses here.
I have 7 children! Dh & I are having daily discussions about more, although we are technically not preventing more. I love having a large family. I say I was meant to have a house full of kids. I think the key is realizing my "normal" is very different from everyone else's "normal." We do get our share of negativity. We can afford them which helps. I say that I have to be done when I can't parent them all the way they deserve to be parented. Good luck :flower:

The whole thing of 2-4 kids is a very western thing. Am originally from Africa and most ppl I know have over 4 kids so no one even notices or comments when u can 5 plus.
Me and oh are planning on 4 currently pregnant with #2 but I cud possibly have 6 lol if we are in a good position. Lol
I think as long as u can look after your babies do what u want. It's your life and your body no one else.
Good luck

On cycle 3 since MC and still not pregnant. But I have also been taking Clomid so who knows. Pretty hopeful for this month and just Oed :) So fingers crossed baby number 5 is on the way!

I've decided that I don't care what anyone has to say about how many kids I have. I always hear people say " I wish I had more kids" Never hear them say " I wish i had less children"

On cycle 3 since MC and still not pregnant. But I have also been taking Clomid so who knows. Pretty hopeful for this month and just Oed :) So fingers crossed baby number 5 is on the way!

I've decided that I don't care what anyone has to say about how many kids I have. I always hear people say " I wish I had more kids" Never hear them say " I wish i had less children"

Awesome!! Keep trying!!
We are actually pg again!! After the mmc in jan, I really didn't think we would be again, but here we are! I'm 11+1 today. Still haven't told anyone, lol! Not even the kiddos. Just gunshy I guess. I had my first u/s on wed, and had planned on announcing to family, but got some upsetting news that my brothers wife left him, so decided to wait another week. We r getting together this weekend, so the opportunity May present itself.

GL! Hoping to hear of ur rainbow soon!!

Congrats! I was part of the 2013 January Jelly beans. Had my little man jan 16th. are you going to announce with anything special or just out right say it! Sure am wishing you a happy and health 9.

I feel good about this month. Sure hope I'm right! Can't wait to see those double lines.

I told one of my sisters today and my mom and dad. It was some good news after a horrible week. Currently, I don't plan on announcing on FB. Don't really have a time in mind, but quite frankly, I'm not really in a hurry.

Yeah, I may announce the birth on FB but havent decided if Ill an announce on FB because its ALWAYS negative. Like because they are FB they have the right to judge my life choices.

we are currently NTNP baby #4. We are super excited but im sure all our family will be negative, But their opinion doesn't matter to us. Its our life and our family.

I really wish I could say that! My husband is always like "why do they care, its our life...whatever" And I just cant do that , Im a people pleaser I want to make everyone happy and be in every ones good graces. Its so hard not letting it get to me!

So, I had to go for the 1 hr glucose this morning since my last one was borderline. I had to take my kiddos with me, and the tech asked me if I was babysitting! I LAUGHED!!! When I said no, she had a funny look on her face. Seriously, I only have 4, but since she obviously new I was pg, I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy!!! Totally made my day!!

LOL! I totally get it! The family went to Dairy Queen the other day for lunch and the lady behind the counter kept giving me funny looks. Of course the kids were out of control excited to be eating out LOL

I failed my 1 hour last time, but I passed my 3 hour. Doc said it was pass fail, not A-F. Its funny but I cant wait to have to drink that nasty ass orange drink LOL

Hi there, late joiner here. I have 4 boys. Aged 8, 6, 4 and 8 months. The few people who I tell I haven't ruled out a 5th tell me I'm crazy. No one knows we are NTNP.
I think I'm O-ing but its only my 2nd cycle and everything is still a little confusing and all over the place.

Hi there, late joiner here. I have 4 boys. Aged 8, 6, 4 and 8 months. The few people who I tell I haven't ruled out a 5th tell me I'm crazy. No one knows we are NTNP.
I think I'm O-ing but its only my 2nd cycle and everything is still a little confusing and all over the place.

Welcome! 4 boys?! Your house must be loud :) I have two, but the baby doesn't make a lot of noise yet. My 5 yo boy however is SO freaking loud lol

It can be at times, but I think more because they are competing to be heard, and lots of their games involve chasing each other round LOL But, like tonight, I went for a new entrants meeting about DS3 starting school and came home to them all sat quietly on the floor playing together.

I love love love when all my kids are playing quietly together. Like playing with their blocks :)

I love it when they do. Its great because being close in age and all boys they are mostly into the same things.

I'm mum to 4 too hun 2 girls 2 boys. We haven't told family we want another and won't be telling any of them til we reach 20 weeks with our next one as we know the reaction won't be a good one and I want to enjoy the first trimester at least without people forcing their opinions on us. Its so hard isn't it as you just want to live your life without your decisions being frowned upon :( x

My MIL was NOT happy to hear DS4 was on the way. I actually dread the reaction we will get next time.

I think my mom has just given up LOL I have a aunt who is VERY vocal about what she thinks. Its hard because I feel out of everyone family should be most supportive.

:wave: hiya babytots! Thanks for chiming in :D I just thought it would be nice to have somewhere to chat about larger families. I feel bad sometimes already having children ttc when so many here are still trying for #1. Makes it kinda hard for me to complain about ttc :D

Im excited about having a big family , I was a only child so I always knew I wanted a big family. I also wish people didn't get so upset when people have big families, we always get the don't you know what causes that??... like really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->