Large Family? Come join us!!!

mommyof2peas

Reaction score
I looked around this board and didn't see any place for large families. And after asking a question I saw there are a few of them floating around :) I would LOVE to have a place we can all come and chat. Be it that you already of a large family or you plan on having one, join us!

Mommyof2Peas: Mom to 2 girls, 2 boys, 1 angel. TTC #5, Last one for this mama
Misspriss: Mom of 1 boy, TTC #2, Wants 5-6
Motherofboys: Mom of 4 Boys, TTC #5, wants 1-2 more
Luvspnk31: Mom to 3 boys, 1 daughter, :yellow: due in January
LuvallmyH: Mom to 3 girls, 4 boys, TTC #8
Spiffynoodles: Mom to 1 boy, 1 girl :yellow: due in November wants 6+
ItsJana:Mom of 2 :yellow: due November, wants 4+
blessedmomma:Mom to 3 girls, 4 boys, 2 angels,wants loads more.

I'm currently waiting to find out if I am pg with my 5th. If I am, it will be a similar situation. I will probably get the " your having another???!!!" From most on my husbands side. On my side, my parents will probably raise their eyebrows, but won't offer their opinions. My siblings will be thrilled! I also have several friends with 4 or more, and 2 families that live near us have 8+. I do understand where ur coming from, but in the end, it's not up to them, and it's between u and your hubby. Good luck! Btw, if ur on Facebook, there are several MOMYS groups ( mothers of multiple young siblings). They are for moms who have 4+. It's a great support system. Good luck!

I liked ur page on fb, but the other link would not open. Search Beth Hersey-Leamon and I wil send u an invite to the MOMYS page.

hi there , I am a mum of just 2 , but a foster carer of 2 , so I have 4 children , I want another baby and people look at me and say oh your mad have you not got enough , its daft .
its only now in this world that its seems lots , my mother is one of 6 and my dad one of 7 . it was the norm then to have lots and why not we only here once on this planet and having a big loving family to all look after each other is amazing .
I see so many familys turn apart and siblings split up in my job , but I also see the importance of family and how littlens thrive on large groups of siblings

Not sure I want to have many children, but I don't even have one yet, that could change... But I think big families are awesome! I would never question a couple's desire to have a large family. Who cares what the norm is!? Lol And I think you should do what God guides you to do. I am the second of 4, my mom the last of 5, and my grandma was one of 6.
I wish you best, and hope that no one's opinion will prevent you from doing what is right for YOUR family! God bless!!

I'm the last of 4 and I love it, I would have loved a younger sibling though so would have been awesome to have 5. My oh is one of two and I would hate that. I couldn't think of anything I would want less than my children to be stuck with each other and only each other, id love them to have some diversity and feed off different personalities. Do what's right for you and your family and forget what other people think. It's ur life live it how u chose, if u do that ul never have a regret x

I have three (1 from previous,1 from my hubby and he came with 1) we are set on having a 4th. I took now what you mean by 2-3 being norm... I get the crazy looks when I say I have 3. My hubby is an only child and I come from 1of3 girls so 3 in my family is the max. I'm sure I'd hear it from my mother if she knew we are ttc. But best of luck!

Well, I wasn't pg last month, and I should be o'ing any day now. I don't temp, so I'm never sure on the exact day, but I do follow my cm, and pretty sure my L phase is 14 days, which would put it at around thurs. we dtd last night, and since hubby is out of town tomorrow, we might have to make tonight a "date" night, lol. Btw, ur kiddos are super cute! Ur my 1st FB " friend " that I don't actually know!

Thanks! Since I'm all over social media with my blog I have a couple friends I dont know IRL LOL

This month Im pretty sure Im out. But since it was my first AF since giving birth I think It might be safer that way. I also want to try and wait until Jan-ish. I want to try and space the birthdays out and I have oct.nov.dec open lol

I told my mom that we were considering it. She said she was ok with whtaever chcoice we make because it is our life and seemed really supportive. But of course ever since she has been jabbing about things. Like " well just think of what it will be like with 5" Blah blah blah. She just cant help herself I guess

So, I'm officially pg with #5! Found out the week before thanksgiving. Only DH and I know irl, but thought I'd update. It's funny, now that I am, I'm so nervous! Way more than I was the first time. I think it's because I know more than I did. We still waiting to tell family. DH wants to tell them now, but he's letting me decide since I'm wanting to wait. EDD aug 6th!!

Aww Congrats!!! Im only onto cycle 2. first one was like 47 days long :( Happy and healthy 9!

Congrats.

I'm cycle 2 as well my last one was 42 days so hoping for a shorter one

We only have DD1 at this time but I want 4-5. My friends think I'm nuts! :dohh: We have mutual acquaintances that have 4 kids and not stopping anytime soon, our friends have said things like, "ya...they're pregnant again..with like the 100th kid". I called them out though...I said I intend to have at least that many...so don't talk about me that way! The Bible says that children are a blessing.
People also think we are nuts for not waiting until Arden is close to 2 years old before ttc again. :shrug: Oh well...call me nuts, I love my babies...even those not here with us yet.

We only have DD1 at this time but I want 4-5. My friends think I'm nuts! :dohh: We have mutual acquaintances that have 4 kids and not stopping anytime soon, our friends have said things like, "ya...they're pregnant again..with like the 100th kid". I called them out though...I said I intend to have at least that many...so don't talk about me that way! The Bible says that children are a blessing.
People also think we are nuts for not waiting until Arden is close to 2 years old before ttc again. :shrug: Oh well...call me nuts, I love my babies...even those not here with us yet.

I think it's such a personal choice, and yes, Children are a blessing! I know lots of families that have 5 or more, so while we are done after this one, bigger families are nothing to be afraid of! I think that's why more couples don't have more kids, it scares them! ( my opinion of course) I am one of 7, my sister has 5, we have neighbors who have 10, and there is a family in our church who has 13!! I love it!! Hope u get all the babies you want!!:yipee:

Aww Congrats!!! Im only onto cycle 2. first one was like 47 days long :( Happy and healthy 9!

Just saw ur post on Facebook, and wanted to say congrats on #5!! So exciting for you!
Unfortunately we found out at 11 wks that our bubs died at 7 wks. :(
Not sure if I'll be here again, we are NTNP, but I am 36, so who knows! Congrats again!

Awwwww I'm so sorry to hear that! Your still young though, ladies are having babies well into their 40's now. I have my fingers crossed.

Just so you know my uncle has 8 kids, 3 his 5 adopted and he loves it. I personally am only concern with families increasing size (whether having 2, 8 or 19) is the parents ability to handle them. In our demanding world we want every child brought into it to have a wonderful life. I have seen parents with 1 who neglects their time and attention because they rather be elsewhere. However, I'd rather have 1 great parent with 4 children than 4 ok parent(s) with 4 children. Yeah ! for the great mommys and daddys!

Awwwww I'm so sorry to hear that! Your still young though, ladies are having babies well into their 40's now. I have my fingers crossed.

I just saw ur post. I'm so sorry! :( I pray that u heal quickly. Nothing said will make it better, but I am praying for u and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->