Large Family? Come join us!!!

I have 2
#3 due in November
Want 6+ kids

As for homeschooling, DH and I have talked very seriously about it. Part of me wants to, because I think it would be great for my kids, and I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education, but part of me wants the break while the older kids are in school, to be with the little ones. I guess we're kind of just playing it by ear for now. :flower:

I have 2 kids and am 23 weeks along with my third.
Part of me wants a large family of 4+. I do worry about finances though, right now we are fine, but i just worry about what could happen. I see nothing but benefits when it comes to large families, I am an only child and grew up very selfish and now as an adult I wish I would have had a sibling to confide in.
My husband thinks homeschooling is a great idea and would love me to homeschool. I don't think I'd be a good homeschool teacher though, and right now I love the school my eldest dd attends.

would love to join! we have 3 girls and 4 boys. also had 2 mc, so will meet 2 when I get to heaven. we would like many more kids, if God has it in His will. we haven't prevented any children since 2009, but have ttc for some of them.

we also homeschool :D I love it! so far just the 4 older ones, the other 3 are 3,2, and 4 mos. so too young, but we will homeschool them as well

It's so nice to see so many like minded mommas :) I tried to get the admins to make a thread for large families lol I think they kinda blew me off, or maybe just didnt think there was enough larges families to have one :)

8 DPO all tests are :bfn: but I have hope tomorrow will be different.

Good luck for your next test. As you can see from my chart in my siggy I'm still in limbo.

Hi can I join I have 5 age range 13-2. And have been trying to conceive since april 13' We fell pregnant in november 13' but lost it a week later. Now in our 8th month ttc after our loss and no joy yet...xx

I also want as many as possible...But as It takes me 2-3 years to conceive one and i am 31 yrs I may be able to squeeze a couple more in. lol. x

Welcome Lesh! I'm on another thread with you :)

Sorry about the limbo MOB. I hate that the worse!

I'm just waiting on af. Still getting faint shadow lines on my tests. I hope my body figures it out. We are going on a family vacation Friday. Traveling with 7 children is interesting! They are really good so it really is fine! Anyone else with plans for the holiday weekend?

Im always too scared to go on vacation with my 4 LOL I mean the cost would be out of control, but then there is the crying and complaining. My husband had muscular dystorophy so I do a lot of the the heavy stuff. So its just super hard.

Tests today were negative. So if tomorrow is still negative its on to the next cycle ;)

We haven't been away with 4 yet. We decided this year to just have some days out etc zoos and museums and the beach mainly. Although now I kind of wish we were going away, just to have those few days/week of undivided attention between is. No playstation and xbox, no tv. Little to no Facebook (yeah that ones me lol)

We only have two right now, but the thought of going on vacation always make me anxious, because both are so little and fussy and DS is still not a very good sleeper. We went to Zion's National Park for Memorial day weekend and that was fun but rough, too. I can't wait until I've had all my kids and the youngest is at least 2 years old. Then I think I'll be more adventurous. :haha:

I'm looking forward to next year, when ds4 is running around and able to join in with more things and chatter away. We've been away with a 4 month old, just with in the country, and that was fine because he was no trouble at all at that age. But ds4 is 8 months old, and crawling and wanting to get down and getting fed up sitting in the pram too long. He is generally a really 'good' baby. But I'd just stress about him trying to get away places, or getting fed up in the middle of us doing stuff he can't take part in.
I'm awful I always get stressed about little ones crying and disturbing other people.

Hi! Happy to have found this, We have three boys age 6, 3 and 22 months, we went to the lengths of having a vasectomy which was an enormous mistake but hubby has come to his senses, we have had a reversal done and are waiting to start ttc number 4 later this month! I seem to be the only one, everyone thinks i am insane as it isnt really the norm over here in the UK x

Go Elmo I'm also in the uk and although I know a few people with 4 kids everyone thinks I'm mad going for another so know how you feel. Guess it all depends where you live to the reaction you get.

I get stressed too, that's why I don't take them anywhere. I dunno because I have 4 I feel like I kinda have to prove how well behaved and awesome my kids are. They are awesome, and well behaved for the most part, but they have moments where they all go off at once and it's enough to make anyone's head explode.

Yeah I an an over thinker and I can just imagine people looking and talking if one or more misbehaves. And I know really they are not bad kids and are just acting like every other normal child does at times, but even going shopping when they are tiny and start crying I feel like people are looking.

Yaay another Uk mamma of many! ha. I see you have all boys, im sure you will have experienced the rude comments from people assuming you have been devastated when each of your boys werent a girl! Im not going to lie i would love a daughter or course i would but some people just astound me with their remarks! x

We are taking our three to portugal at the end of august, im a little scared lol x

Yes I have! And it is amazing that I was actually asked with my first if I was disappointed! It's funny because I always wanted lots of boys, but because I wanted a big family I thought I'd get a mix, so I hoped I'd get a boy or 2 first. So I have been incredibly lucky to get 4 boys. I can't lie though, now I have my boys it would be nice to get a girl, just because with all boys, all close together, I saved pretty much everything. So each baby, I only had to do a tiny bit of shopping. And each birthday and Christmas had a harder time finding things to buy when they are small. Train set? No got that. Ride on? No got that.... You probably know what I'm talking about. It would be awesome to go on a big shopping spree for all new baby clothes, and have so much more choice for presents at Christmas.

I feel exactly the same, even with my first my mum and grandmother etc where all disapointed when he was a he! Recently i went for my eyebrows doing and the beautician asked me if i had children, i told her yes i do, i have three. She said girls and boys? I said no three boys actually, she then had the cheek to say......"oh well never mind you cant have everything"

i was speachless! lol

But i do know exactly what you mean it has been the same for us and having three boys i would love to have a little girl now, we have the same problem with presents etc and struggle for a boys name lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->