Last pill packet!

jellytot

mummy to be xx
Reaction score
Hey ladies, just an update really, i am on my last pill packet this month. i take loestrin 30, my oh and me have discussed we would like to ttc 2010!! :happydance:

i was just looking for some advice as to where to go from here, i have been on the pill since i was 17 i am now 23 (24 nxt mth) i have never needed to keep an eye on my periods as the pill did that for me lol. i want a break and make sure my periods are normal before ttc, anyone else in similar situation? as i said where do i go from here? do i start taking vitamins and things or just let everything happen when the time is right?

thanks for reading hope u are all well xxx

:hug:

I was on pill for over 10 years and came off in January but not ttc until April next year. I've had a few cycles but now started temping and charting so I can be more aware of when I'm ovulating and how long cycles last.

Note: It's now June and this cycle is going to last around 50 days! Can't wait for periods to totally regulate - last cycle was 32 days!

I came off the pill a few weeks ago but we are NTNP and have therefore being taking Folic Acid for the past 3 months too.

I just wanted to say best of luck with it all! A very exciting time is about to start for you!

xxx

thankyou pops fingers crossed!! im so excited but at the same time i dont want to get too hopeful just yet, cant help it though!! we will be NTNP aswell, see what happens really, although at first we will be preventing more so for oh really hehe

Hey hun, congrats for coming off the pill :) I would say it would be a good idea to go on somewhere like mymonthlycycles or fertility friend, to start tracking your periods as they may be a little irratic to begin with. The main advice given is to start taking folic acid 3 months before ttc if you can, or if you're starting sooner, then just start taking it asap.

Lots of luck in the meantime :) x

thankyou pops fingers crossed!! im so excited but at the same time i dont want to get too hopeful just yet, cant help it though!! we will be NTNP aswell, see what happens really, although at first we will be preventing more so for oh really hehe

Oooh congrats! :) This is how I feel too! We're hoping to be TTC in Dec this year and I've just come off the pill hoping that my periods return to 'normal', or whatever that is after being on the pill for over 14 yrs!

hobnob! same as me poss tcc dec time new year new baby hehe, well i hope we can go through this amazing journey together xx

Hi Jellytot, I'm in exactly the same position. I was on the pill 5 years and took my last packet last month. We aren't TTC until 2010 (hopefully earlier than later) but like you I wanted my periods to get back to normal. I just got my first period so I hope things go on like normal now. I tell you what though, I forgot how awful period pain was and how heavy my periods can be but I'm still pleased I'm off the pill. Like you I never watched my dates before so the rest of this year I'm just going to see if they fall into a pattern (they were very irregular before the pill). Other than that I'm not doing much other than trying to get in shape and persuading my husband to give up smoking which he always promised he would before baby no. 1 came along.

Hi Jellytot, I'm in exactly the same position. I was on the pill 5 years and took my last packet last month. We aren't TTC until 2010 (hopefully earlier than later) but like you I wanted my periods to get back to normal. I just got my first period so I hope things go on like normal now. I tell you what though, I forgot how awful period pain was and how heavy my periods can be but I'm still pleased I'm off the pill. Like you I never watched my dates before so the rest of this year I'm just going to see if they fall into a pattern (they were very irregular before the pill). Other than that I'm not doing much other than trying to get in shape and persuading my husband to give up smoking which he always promised he would before baby no. 1 came along.

sounds like me! oh smokes too as much as i would love him to stop, we are aldo getting in shape, for us though, we are not overweight as such just need to shape up and be healthy, we are going to the gym 3 times a week with a mate of his. hope we can carry on this journey together :) i have just started this packet so got until mid july before i finish it. thankyou for your message :)

hobnob! same as me poss tcc dec time new year new baby hehe, well i hope we can go through this amazing journey together xx

That would be lovely :) Nice to have someone to share it with.

Oooh don't say that, this is my first month off the pill, not sure if/when I'll get my first period. I've been on the pill that long that I can't remember if my periods were regular before or not!

I tell you what though, I forgot how awful period pain was and how heavy my periods can be .

Oooh don't say that, this is my first month off the pill, not sure if/when I'll get my first period. I've been on the pill that long that I can't remember if my periods were regular before or not!

Sorry!!! The good news is day one I didn't even realise my period was here, then day two I had the pain and it was heavy and day three, today, its calmed down and I feel fine so it was only yesterday that I felt crappy! Now I'm hoping I comes a bit later next time, I don't want periods every 24 days! Thats too soon!

I tell you what though, I forgot how awful period pain was and how heavy my periods can be .

Sorry!!! The good news is day one I didn't even realise my period was here, then day two I had the pain and it was heavy and day three, today, its calmed down and I feel fine so it was only yesterday that I felt crappy! Now I'm hoping I comes a bit later next time, I don't want periods every 24 days! Thats too soon!

That's ok, only joking :D I wonder if mine will turn up early then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->