Last pregnancy blues

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
DH is adamant that this will be our last baby and wants to get the big snip after this baby. At first I was ok with it, especially when I was bedridden with MS. Now that I'm feeling better though I'm going through the blues where I don't feel like I want to be done just yet. I know I should be happy to be blessed with three children and one on the way, and I truly am, as there is nothing to replace the feeling of bringing forth a new life into the world. There is always the thought in the back of my mind... well what about a few years down the road? Anyone else currently on their final pregnancy and feeling this way too?

DH is pretty confident this will be our last as well, I'm not so set on it. Of course, this one was a surprise, so I see how his confidence works, lol. It makes me kind of sad DH doesn't want any more, but we'll see.

This is our last baby too, we're both agreed and feel we don't want more and yet the thought that I'll never be pregnant again makes me feel sad, I also feel sad that every first of babies will be the last - last first smile, last first steps, last child to read stories to.

My DH is the one who wants a third after this. I basically always wanted 3-5 kiddos, but this pregnancy was not planned (but very welcome) and I also ended up with Hyperemesis. The double medication that I'm getting hasn't helped one bit and I keep going to the hospital, staying in bed, fainting. I keep losing weight and I was already very skinny.. It's been rough. The doctor himself basically said; do not have more kids. And I kind of agree, this has been horrible. I can't even take care of my 7 month old, because I get woozy. DH has been working from home for 2 months now and luckily he can with his work.. but it has been só tough. I miss my little boy, even though I always drag myself out of bed to play with him and cuddle him and feed him his fruits and veggies... I still miss him, you know? DH feeds him his bottles and puts him to bed, he takes long walks with him, something I always used to do. I used to go outside and play with him in the park. I can't even walk 5 minutes or go to the grocery store without feeling like I'm fainting.

I told DH if this baby is a girl (like we both want and were told at 15 weeks that it IS a girl! But I don't trust it lol) then we are definitely done. If this baby is a boy, I might reconsider in 5 years time when they are both off to school. I just don't want to put two kids through months with a mom who can't take full care of them. I feel so horribly guilty.

Tl;dr = my dh is super sad about this and I feel guilty about that too. He is an amazing father and would love to have a big pack of kids and that has always been my dream too.. but I just don't think I want to go through this ever again.
So, haha I don't know how you feel currently, but my DH sure does :haha:

This is #5 for me and will be my last. I want to be okay with it. I'm excited to get my body back and to get to focus more on my kids and much more on my health and get our lives and family in order. My OH wants to get a vasectomy, but I'm not looking to do anything permanent (or expensive to reverse) in case I change my mind later on. I'm only 29, and I handle pregnancy beautifully! I could easily have 10 more! Haha. My OH only wanted 1 or 2, though, and I fought for 5...

The thing that's keeping me going is realizing that I want to be able to buy nice things and have nice things... I want to be able to give all of my kids lots of attention... I want to be able to help them pay for college and buy them cars... Have enough money to spoil all of my grandkids and still have an awesome life. And mainly, I'm on my 5th pregnancy. They've all been perfect. I do NOT want to push my luck. I can legally foster/adopt one child in my state (can only have a maximum of 6 kids in a foster home), so I hope to do that once the kids are a bit older, as my mother was a foster child who was never adopted.

This will be my one and only. There a multitude of reasons why a second is a terrible idea (career, finances, lifestyle choices...) for us. Sometimes I wonder if 5-10 years down the line we'd be in a better position to have another or if I might change my mind in a couple years. SO even asked about it the other day. But deep down in my heart I know it's best we just have one. My pregnancy is super smooth and flying by, and part of me is so ready to be dons being preggo but the other is really sad because I only get this experience once. And SO does not get it. He talked over my tech and got off topic while she was scanning me. I finally had to tell him to stfu because I only get one anatomy scan and I want to talk about my baby not politics. Or like this morning I asked for his schedule to book a keepsake scan and he just says why? Because I will never be pregnant again so no regrets

This is my first, and likely only (viable) pregnancy. I don't know - I've found a special something in experiencing something that I don't plan to experience again. We're hoping to adopt our little Peanut, and I doubt we'll go anywhere from there. MAYBE we'd adopt a 3rd, but it's not in the plans at the moment.

I think it's normal to feel quite sad at your last child but at the same time, you have so many amazing experiences to come as your children grow up. Hopefully you'll get more sleep and routine too! There will be so many lovely things to do as you have older children that you can't do with younger ones and it's just a transition to enjoy that time instead of new baby time! I think allow yourself to feel sad about it now but don't let it effect your time with your baby thinking about all the 'lasts'. Instead look forwards to everything that is to come!

This is my first baby and I've always been ademant I'd like 3 or 4 kids. I'm an only child and I'm really sad I don't have siblings. However, I've really found pregnancy tough going (and I've not really had it that bad either) and I'm pretty certain it'll be a maximum of 2 kids now! I can't imagine ever wanting to do it more than one more time!

Ugh I really wanted to stay team yellow as this is probably our last, and I just got a report from the OB office that ruined it. It wasn't intentional, just a little slip up, but yeah.

Aw bummer! I can TOTALLY see how that would happen. We found out the sex from a MaterniT21 test and at my next appointment the nurse congratulated me on having a little girl before even asking if I had found out yet. I mean, it didn't make a difference for me, personnaly - but that would've been a HUGE slip if we had wanted to stay team yellow.

Aw bummer! I can TOTALLY see how that would happen. We found out the sex from a MaterniT21 test and at my next appointment the nurse congratulated me on having a little girl before even asking if I had found out yet. I mean, it didn't make a difference for me, personnaly - but that would've been a HUGE slip if we had wanted to stay team yellow.

Yeah. That ship has sailed now. But I think we are still going to keep it a secret from everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->