Late AF, BFN test...help?

mininun1

Reaction score
Hey ladies, hoping someone is in the same boat as I am! AF was due yesterday, and still hasn't shown. I am never late, in fact I don't think I have ever been late. We have been TTC since March, so I would love to be pregnant! But I tested this afternoon and it was a stark white BFN. Is there anyone who didn't show a positive on their test right away and ended up pregnant anyway?

Yes my friend had BFN until she was a week late and then she finally got her BFP. Be aware of the test you're using. Different tests have different levels of sensitivity. Test again when you're a week late

The possibility is very real! I think you can let yourself be cautiously excited. Are there any other reasons AF is late (like illness, disruptive travel, etc?) Do you have any other symptoms or have you felt any twinges or strange tastes, etc?
With my first, I tested at 10 dpo and got nothing. The day I was expecting AF I tested negative but went back and got the test out of the trash later and "thought" I saw something. A week later I had an instantaneous really clear BFP.

Yes my friend had BFN until she was a week late and then she finally got her BFP. Be aware of the test you're using. Different tests have different levels of sensitivity. Test again when you're a week late

Thank you! I'll try to hold off until then. It's so bizarre, I've never had a late or missed period so the only thing that goes through my mind is pregnancy - but I don't want to get too excited in case it's something else.

The possibility is very real! I think you can let yourself be cautiously excited. Are there any other reasons AF is late (like illness, disruptive travel, etc?) Do you have any other symptoms or have you felt any twinges or strange tastes, etc?
With my first, I tested at 10 dpo and got nothing. The day I was expecting AF I tested negative but went back and got the test out of the trash later and "thought" I saw something. A week later I had an instantaneous really clear BFP.

Thanks Eleonora! I can't think of any reason AF would be late - I was actually pretty sure I was "out" this month for pregnancy, so I wasn't stressed at all during my TWW...and it's been pretty laid-back otherwise. I have been really tired lately, more so than usual, and lots of twinges, weird sensations in my abdomen, etc. I want to be excited but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up in case it's just a weird cycle. But it definitely gives me hope that other people have just had their BFP's late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->