Late September Babies Thread!

I don't know how well I'll be able to hide my pregnancy from work. I was stood putting make up on in the bathroom earlier trying to hide my "roughness" and hubby said "I'm not being funny Nici but no amount of makeup is going to hide how badly this pregnancy is treating you already - Your face has puffed up, you suddenly have 3 chins, your skin is at least 5 shades paler and considering you were almost gothlike (I have skin tone of a redhead with freckles!) you couldn't really afford, you've got bags under your eyes bigger than a Tesco bag for life and your pupils look like you've been on heroin for 10 years and you're forcing your eyes to stay open!" Erm, thanks, love. "And not to mention the fact your head is down the toilet at least hourly and you're not even 5 weeks yet!" Eeek.

Bleeding is worse today and now I have tummy and back cramping. Waiting for a dr. Call back but her RN said that they would do a set of quantitative hcg tests to know which way the bean is going.

Aw no :( I hope this isn't bad news for you. I said a prayer for you last night too :(

I don't know how well I'll be able to hide my pregnancy from work. I was stood putting make up on in the bathroom earlier trying to hide my "roughness" and hubby said "I'm not being funny Nici but no amount of makeup is going to hide how badly this pregnancy is treating you already - Your face has puffed up, you suddenly have 3 chins, your skin is at least 5 shades paler and considering you were almost gothlike (I have skin tone of a redhead with freckles!) you couldn't really afford, you've got bags under your eyes bigger than a Tesco bag for life and your pupils look like you've been on heroin for 10 years and you're forcing your eyes to stay open!" Erm, thanks, love. "And not to mention the fact your head is down the toilet at least hourly and you're not even 5 weeks yet!" Eeek.

:rofl: That made me laugh so hard! I almost wish hubby would say something like that to me. I must be a handful right now b/c he is keeping his distance. :winkwink:

Bleeding is worse today and now I have tummy and back cramping. Waiting for a dr. Call back but her RN said that they would do a set of quantitative hcg tests to know which way the bean is going.

Hoping for the best for you. Stay strong :hugs:

Men! They have such a way with words :dohh:

Ugh now to go to do a concert with my choir of 60 kids. Feel so rough! :( just want to sleep!

Noo I'm in healthcare too, a physio on an ICU. I've told work already, I'm not really one for secrets and I figure if I miscarry they'll know anyway so I've let them know so at least they can all protect me! Not for everyone to tell so early but it's working for me :hugs:

I can't tell work yet. I only have a bank contract at the minute (I do get regular hours to suit me) and they're advertising for perm hours end of Feb for interviews early - mid march so really I don't want them knowing I'm pregnant before I'm interviewed! That'd mean trying to keep it under wraps until I'm between 12-15 weeks pregnant :dohh:

I can't tell work yet. I only have a bank contract at the minute (I do get regular hours to suit me) and they're advertising for perm hours end of Feb for interviews early - mid march so really I don't want them knowing I'm pregnant before I'm interviewed! That'd mean trying to keep it under wraps until I'm between 12-15 weeks pregnant :dohh:

Ah I see - eeek good luck! You know they can't discriminate against you but I completely understand :wacko:

I stay at home with my DD, so luckily I don't have to tell work this time. Last time it was awful and I ended up back working 4 weeks after having her. :growlmad:

Noo: My DH keeps asking me what is wrong.... :dohh: (i.e. if my head hurts, or if I'm tired, or any of the other things that freauently happens during pregnancy) I keep telling him that I'm growing a human being inside my body. Lol. I think next time I've already warned him that morning sickness could kick in soon (tho I'm still taking B6 so who knows if that won't help keep it at bay for now?).

Renaendel: I really hope to hear some good new from you soon! Thinking of you! :hugs:

Concert done, kids in bed, dinner on cooking! Time to chill!!!

I"m hoping to see some good news posted in here soon from Renendal (I know I spelled it wrong) :)

Turtlemomma- The attacks were random...maybe every couple of weeks. They went away for the most part in the third tri, but after I had him were daily until I had surgery. Nothing I did helped ease them. All I could do was pace and hope they stopped. I tended to have very long attacks too. Anywhere from 4-12 hours. Yuck! I can tell you one thing, I do not miss my gall bladder.lol

I"m hoping to see some good news posted in here soon from Renendal (I know I spelled it wrong) :)

Me too, I have been watching this thread, just not posting!!

I'm in healthcare too, an OT team leader in a wheelchair and seating service. It's very physical, so at some point soon am going to have to tell my manager, as we have some very unpredictable patients. A couple of the girls in the office know, as they've seen me in the early stages of pregnancy 3 times before, and it's so hard to hide the telltale signs of exhaustion beyond exhaustion!! And I figure that if people know, if something happens the support will be there.

Will try and post more often! :blush:

Sorry I have not checked in I have been dealing with the doctors office all day. My hcg tests are only showing around 350 so they told me it probably wasn't a viable pregnancy. I am experiencing the first stages of my miscarriage. I will test again in one to two weeks and they expect the hcg to be completely out of my system.

They said I am looking very healthy so we can start again one we are both emotionally ready after the loss. I am excited to get back to charting again, feel kind of weird without it.

I wish you guys all the best and will probably still stalk and cheer you guys on through your nine months.

So sorry to hear your news Renaendel. Xxx

Sorry I have not checked in I have been dealing with the doctors office all day. My hcg tests are only showing around 350 so they told me it probably wasn't a viable pregnancy. I am experiencing the first stages of my miscarriage. I will test again in two to three days and they expect the hcg to be completely out of my system.

They said I am looking very healthy so we can start again one we are both emotionally ready after the loss. I am excited to get back to charting again, feel kind of weird without it.

I wish you guys all the best and will probably still stalk and cheer you guys on through your nine months.

I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm absolutely gutted for you :(

I'm a teacher and wasn't planning to tell anyone I am pregnant but last Friday I started spotting and had to go home an hour before the end of the day- I was forced to tell my principal and secretary... I havent told DH that they know because he REALLY wants to wait to tell anybody... But I think they have to know considering I'll be taking off a few says early coming up for dr. appts...

On another note- I just spoke with the gallbladder surgeon and he wants me to have surgery to have it removed at about 13-15 weeks. YIKES! I'm really scared and want to avoid this if I can... But also don't want to go through my entire pregnancy with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->