Late September Babies Thread!

My OB got me in right away when I called but it was just a basic pee test and a quick physical check. I go back at 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat and then around 14 for my first ultrasound. Does anyone know what the difference is? I thought they did an US to get the heartbeat? Maybe they just mean that the baby will be too small to see much of anything at 10 weeks. Of course my prego brain didn't think to ask till after I left the office.:shrug:

They will use a thing called a Doppler to hear the heartbeat. Here, all the OBs have them on hand. They will be using that every appt to check the baby's heart rate (at least that's what they did for me). The ultrasound gives actual measurements that you can see.
I don't think you can hear the heartbeat on the u/s (I could be wrong tho, I just don't remember hearing it at my ultrasounds with my first) but you can see the heartbeat.

I'd have thought 10/40 would be pretty early to use a doppler really? Normally the uterus is in the pelvis until 12/40. I can't usually locate a HB much before 16/40.

I'd have thought 10/40 would be pretty early to use a doppler really? Normally the uterus is in the pelvis until 12/40. I can't usually locate a HB much before 16/40.

Hmm, that's true. When I was pregnant with my DD my OB picked up a very strong HB with the Doppler at 12 weeks though. They had a small u/s machine to check for early growth. That had to be done vaginally, as it would have been inaccurate otherwise. (My old hospital/clinc had a separate building a few miles away where the full ultrasound machines were as well as where the ultrasound techs worked)

This morning I feel amazing. No nausea, cramping, just a tinny pulling in my abdomen on occasion. Full of energy. My food intake was pretty perfect yesterday, started using www.Supertracker.usda.gov to track and write down everything I ate. So maybe that is why?

Is it normal to feel scared when you feel good? Is it normal to have random days when you feel good? Sorry this is my first ever Bfp and I knw I ask a lot of questions but I just don't know.

Well the bleeding started today. This morning it was just in my cm, but by lunch I had filled a panty liner. It goes down if I lay down, so I have told DH I am not moving until it has stopped. The drs office doesn't want to see me unless I am going through more than a pad an hr. :cry:

This morning I feel amazing. No nausea, cramping, just a tinny pulling in my abdomen on occasion. Full of energy. My food intake was pretty perfect yesterday, started using www.Supertracker.usda.gov to track and write down everything I ate. So maybe that is why?

Is it normal to feel scared when you feel good? Is it normal to have random days when you feel good? Sorry this is my first ever Bfp and I knw I ask a lot of questions but I just don't know.

Well the bleeding started today. This morning it was just in my cm, but by lunch I had filled a panty liner. It goes down if I lay down, so I have told DH I am not moving until it has stopped. The drs office doesn't want to see me unless I am going through more than a pad an hr. :cry:

Take it easy... Bed rest and good diet xx

Well I yell/cried at my tummy and told it that it was just stuck in there for 36 more weeks whether it liked it or not. Andrew made me dinner in bed and the bleeding has gone down for now. Praying I make it through the night. My 6wk appt is on Tuesday. So now to stay positive and find fun things to watch on Netflix while I wait this out.

Well I yell/cried at my tummy and told it that it was just stuck in there for 36 more weeks whether it liked it or not. Andrew made me dinner in bed and the bleeding has gone down for now. Praying I make it through the night. My 6wk appt is on Tuesday. So now to stay positive and find fun things to watch on Netflix while I wait this out.

I have everything crossed for you! :hugs:

AFM- I had a gallbladder attack last night. Man, if I have to go through 8 months of THAT, I dont know what I'll do... I have an appointment to speak with the dr. about my gallstones tomorrow. I've known I have them for awhile- been controlling my symptoms OK... Yikes.

I had gall bladder attacks through out my first pregnancy. I ended up having emergency surgery when my son was three weeks old to remove my gall bladder. I can definitely relate.
AFM, lots of nausea today and super tired...especially since little man refused to nap.

I've got my Fx'd for you! I hope to hear good news soon! :hugs:

AFM, exhaustion hit me with a vengeance today for some reason. Luckily, DH was here for most of the day so DD was preoccupied playing with him. Hopefully I don't feel this exhausted tomorrow, but I'm not betting on it! My nipple pain has gone down slightly but they are still very sensitive and I have times where they itch really bad for some reason.
I took another hpt today just to check and the lines are nice and dark. :haha: I just can't help myself!
An old high school friend of mine announced her pregnancy on FB today. While I was ttc I would have been jealous about the pregnancy itself, but since I am pregnant myself I find myself a tiny bit jealous that she is 15 weeks along and past this awful first trimester madness.... I am extremely happy for her, but there's just that small part of me....

adopim- isnt it funny that we can always find something to be jealous of? :wacko:

calliebaby- did you have the attacks frequently? Did anything work to keep them at bay?

turtlemomma: I know, it's just crazy. I honestly am genuinely happy for her, just one of those things I guess. With all the hormones raging my system, I don't know where half my emotions come from these days anyway. :haha:

Renaendel - hope that the bleeding stops!

Adopim - I hate this stage of pregnancy when hardly anyone knows!!!

I've got a super busy day and I just want to lie in bed! Won't get home til at least 9pm as have a concert with my school choir! Joy! Organizing 60 kids! Fun and games!!!

Renaendel - hope that the bleeding stops!

Adopim - I hate this stage of pregnancy when hardly anyone knows!!!

I've got a super busy day and I just want to lie in bed! Won't get home til at least 9pm as have a concert with my school choir! Joy! Organizing 60 kids! Fun and games!!!

I know it! I have one friend who knows, but I had a very good reason to tell her. My DH knows, but it's so early yet he doesn't quite understand, I think it's just a guy thing...
Wow! Just the concert part sounds exhausting! Good luck!

Thinking of you and hoping everything settles down :hugs:

I hate the first trimester - You feel so ill and completely out of it. My hormones rage and my moods really fluctuate. I feel rough and generally in pain but you can't complain about it and get any sympathy as no one knows you're pregnant! I went to work yesterday and was asked to carry some furniture across the ward and had to disappear and go to the loo till they were done. I wasn't happy to carry heavy furniture but couldn't tell them why either!

I hate the first trimester - You feel so ill and completely out of it. My hormones rage and my moods really fluctuate. I feel rough and generally in pain but you can't complain about it and get any sympathy as no one knows you're pregnant! I went to work yesterday and was asked to carry some furniture across the ward and had to disappear and go to the loo till they were done. I wasn't happy to carry heavy furniture but couldn't tell them why either!

Haha! I know exactly what you mean. I'm a chiropractic therapist so I do a lot of physical work. I had been hoping to make it 10-12 weeks before I told the boss but yesterday he asked me to teach a specific exercise to a patient and it dawned on me that I can't safely do the exercise myself. Guess I'll have to spill the beans sooner than I had planned.

Renaendel: Praying for you and your baby's health! It seems you are looking on the bright side of things. I hope you like movies and books! :flower:

Haha! I know exactly what you mean. I'm a chiropractic therapist so I do a lot of physical work. I had been hoping to make it 10-12 weeks before I told the boss but yesterday he asked me to teach a specific exercise to a patient and it dawned on me that I can't safely do the exercise myself. Guess I'll have to spill the beans sooner than I had planned.

Renaendel: Praying for you and your baby's health! It seems you are looking on the bright side of things. I hope you like movies and books! :flower:

Hey ladies, I just created a thread : https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-you-tell-work-early-due-nature-your-job.html

asking what types of jobs people are avoiding doing while pregnant! I want to know what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Bleeding is worse today and now I have tummy and back cramping. Waiting for a dr. Call back but her RN said that they would do a set of quantitative hcg tests to know which way the bean is going.

Bleeding is worse today and now I have tummy and back cramping. Waiting for a dr. Call back but her RN said that they would do a set of quantitative hcg tests to know which way the bean is going.

Did the RN say when they would see you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->