Late September Babies Thread!

Is it ok to have co-codamol? Thought codeine was a no no!

Is it ok to have co-codamol? Thought codeine was a no no!

Generally not but I had it prescribed for me specifically for my migraines. I'd not just take it on the off-chance but under the guidance of my GP x

I have been getting headaches! There was about a week that I had them everyday. I finally caved and took Tylenol (Acetaminophen). Its on the approved list of things you can take. I wouldnt take it all the time, but once or twice should be fine.

I have noticed a decline in the last couple of days of ALL my symptoms (except exhaustion)- I know as we get closer to the 2nd tri this will happen, but of course it worries me a bit. Not having another ultrasound appt. until the end of April makes me nervous. Anyone else noticing a decrease in symptoms yet? Mine are all still there- but for example, my MS has been only in the late afternoon instead of all day, and my boobs don't hurt as bad (although theyre filling my bra more).

I'm eleven weeks tomorrow, so the same as you! I'm still having symptoms, but they're not as severe, I'm still nauseous all day long of and on, but I have only thrown up twice over the last week instead of every day. Breasts are still sore, but mostly just when I take my bra off, and they're enormous. Fatigue is getting even worse, however, and I have heartburn nearly all the time. My appetite is starting to come back, too!

I had an early scan done at seven weeks, and everything was great, we saw the little flickering heartbeat and baby measured right on. I have my next appointment Monday, so we'll hear if the little guy is still kicking away in there. I will relax so much if everything is okay at this one!

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow too (!) and I pretty much have no symptoms other than exhaustion and my clothes being a bit tight. I'm pretty glad to be fair as I was REALLY sick weeks 4-9. Symptoms are hormone related so as hcg stops sustaining pregnancy and the placenta takes over it's understandable that you're going to have less hormoney symptoms and will then start to get more "feeling fat and pregnant" symptoms like constipation, tiredness, sore feet etc.

Tylenol is paracetamol :)

I'm not nauseous very much any more but still tired, though not quite as bad. My boobs hurt still. Breastfeeding kills!

Hi All!

My MS is slowly getting better I think. I am now 12 +3 (or as the scan measured me - 13 +3 - strange) and I still get nauseous but not quite as bad as before. As I mentioned before, I am now getting headaches :( and also seem to have an upset stomach a lot of the time - lots of acid (but not heartburn really) and gurgling, etc - it's kind of weird!

Hope everyone starts feeling much better SOON!!! :happydance:

Good to hear everyone's updates! I don't think I'm feeling quite so bad either, less sick definitely, but still as tired. If anything I think my boobs are more sore, and they do look pregnant when the rest of me doesn't so much! DH commented today though that I'm starting to get a tummy. How delightful! I am super faddy with food. I am obsessed with jacket potatoes, smothered in cheese and beans. Can't get enough of them! Yum!

5 sleeps til scan day, am as nervous as I am excited!

I'm glad to hear that other people are starting to feel a little better as well...

We're telling our families finally today- really nervous! Its been so hard to keep it a secret this long, but I think it'll be even harder to spill the beans! Does anyone want to share how/when they told? We're just going to come out and announce it at dinner. Nothing cute or fancy.

My sickness has gotten slightly better, instead of multiple times a day usually just once. I got REALLY bad heartburn today and don't know what to do to fix it. It hurts really badly. Ate a few tums but they don't do anything.

I googled it of course but everything is about preventing heartburn and I want to know what to do now with it!

Anyone heard anything about baking soda and water?

Hi girls, I think some of my symptoms have improved a little but it's hard to know because I've still been sick from the cold I caught, it's completely drained me n now I'm worried in case it's affected my pregnancy. I've been getting mild cramps and back ache the last two days!
I've my scan on Fri too n I'm def a little excited but the main emotion is worry! Just can't wait to get into the second tri! Will finally be able to share the news n hopefully start to 'bloom' :)

I'm glad to hear that other people are starting to feel a little better as well...

We're telling our families finally today- really nervous! Its been so hard to keep it a secret this long, but I think it'll be even harder to spill the beans! Does anyone want to share how/when they told? We're just going to come out and announce it at dinner. Nothing cute or fancy.

Aww lovely! I'm not sure if I'll be announcing it Friday after our scan or waiting till my in-law's get back from Canada on the 22nd. Not that they use Facebook or would know we've announced it! Though my parents knew as soon as we found out mainly because I knew they'd be happy for us unlike my mother-in-law who will think we're irresponsible as we can't afford it, will have no childcare when I need to go back to work but won't be able to afford to NOT go back to work!

Noo my mil was not happy about this pregnancy at all! Anyone would think they were raising the kids eh?!

Noo my mil was not happy about this pregnancy at all! Anyone would think they were raising the kids eh?!

To be fair since we both work erratic shifts that don't fit with any other childcare provider - She provides my childcare before and after school for work :-\ I know she won't have a baby though so I'm not sure what we'll do. I may have to go back VERY part time.

Pfft - My boobs are leaking already. Wet bras are not great!

Ooh leaky boobs! I forgot about that joy!

To be fair since we both work erratic shifts that don't fit with any other childcare provider - She provides my childcare before and after school for work :-\ I know she won't have a baby though so I'm not sure what we'll do. I may have to go back VERY part time.

My mum looks after the kids whilst I'm at work but this one may have to go into nursery after I go back. He/she will be almost a yr old when u go back so its not too bad.

My mum looks after the kids whilst I'm at work but this one may have to go into nursery after I go back. He/she will be almost a yr old when u go back so its not too bad.

Nah, I'll only get statutory maternity pay so chances are I'll be back at work before it's 6 months. I can't afford to live on £600 a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->