Late September Babies Thread!

I get 18wks at full pay and then the rest is unpaid so we are saving like mad to afford me being off September - September

I don't get any maternity pay- I have to use my sick time then I'm outta luck. :( I will be working right up until I give birth, take up through the holidays off, and go back to work in January. Boooooo. And I will only have like 2 weeks of sick pay. Yikes! Fortunately, my MIL said she could take care of the baby 1-2 days a week, so we would only have to find childcare for the other 3 days. Maybe my mom... except that I trust her a lot less than my MIL...

Yikes! I think I'd possibly look to go back between April and June. It'd depend how well finances work out. I can't go back really before 6 months realistically as none of the nurseries take babies so young locally.

Hya!

I get 4 months full pay and after that statutory maternity pay which is like around 500 per month I think. I originally had intended to take about 6-8 months off and then try and go back to work (although my husband had other ideas about me staying home for a bit longer) but since we realised it is twins, well that has all changed as there is no way we could afford child care for two....not even sure we could have afforded it for one! I guess I will be home for much longer.

I have a question for those of you in the UK. I had my NT scan last Friday (8th March) and was given a print out with the measurements. In terms of the NT measurements, one measured 1.2 and the other 1.6. I was told that although usually it is a combined scan with blood work, they would not blood test me because it is not accurate with multiples. The sonographer told me the babies looked good but that I had to wait for the NT measurement results. I emailed with my consultant's secretary and she tried to find out the results and then told me I should have been told those results right away. Then she told me i have to speak to my midwife for the results. I cant get a hold of my midwife as of yet but will try her again this AM. Does anyone know what normal measurements are and also what the process is for all this? Were you told whether the NT measurements were normal right after your scan?

Sorry - a bit long winded I know. I'd welcome any input!

Thanks! xoxoxo

I'm pretty sure that I get a full year at 80%(ish) of what I earn, kind of like EI in Canada.

That's really good Belle!! I get about 3 months around 90% pay and then 6 months on SMP which is about £500per month!! I'll be going straight back to work after that but 9 months isn't bad!
Sunny - I don't know anything about NT measurements but I've got my scan tomorrow n will hopefully understand more then! But hopefully you'll have been given the answer before then :)

Eeeeeek My scan is 2pm tomorrow!!!! Really nervous and excited!!!!

I will also most certainly be taking sick leave for 2-3 months before mat leave as well. It is really well set up where I live. If your dr or midwife thinks you have too much stress or are sick at all they will put you on sick leave! For sick leave you get the 75%ish pay as well I believe

I work for the NHS and have done for 15 years, so I get 8 weeks full pay, 14 wks half pay plus SMP, then 13 weeks just SMP which comes to 9 months, then 3 months unpaid. Not bad really.

Wannabthemum, if I hadn't changed my scan time for tomorrow I bet we would have bumped into each other! Mine was 3.15 but is now 11.20! Good luck, I am so nervous, I just want to go for it now!!

Good luck today Asher :) fx'd we both get a lovely pic of the little one!! X

Hi ladies, sorry I have not been arou d for a while. Got very anxious and there were a lot of negative posts around not in this thread but on the first trimester forum and needed to take some time out for my own piece of mind.

Had scan yesterday - dated at 13 weeks and one day yesterday so EDD now 18th September.
Baby healthy -heartbeat 161bpm
Somersaulting like a gymnast so was in scan for 30mins!
Low risk for downs.
Have announced now and feeling much more at ease...

Hya!

I get 4 months full pay and after that statutory maternity pay which is like around 500 per month I think. I originally had intended to take about 6-8 months off and then try and go back to work (although my husband had other ideas about me staying home for a bit longer) but since we realised it is twins, well that has all changed as there is no way we could afford child care for two....not even sure we could have afforded it for one! I guess I will be home for much longer.

I have a question for those of you in the UK. I had my NT scan last Friday (8th March) and was given a print out with the measurements. In terms of the NT measurements, one measured 1.2 and the other 1.6. I was told that although usually it is a combined scan with blood work, they would not blood test me because it is not accurate with multiples. The sonographer told me the babies looked good but that I had to wait for the NT measurement results. I emailed with my consultant's secretary and she tried to find out the results and then told me I should have been told those results right away. Then she told me i have to speak to my midwife for the results. I cant get a hold of my midwife as of yet but will try her again this AM. Does anyone know what normal measurements are and also what the process is for all this? Were you told whether the NT measurements were normal right after your scan?

Sorry - a bit long winded I know. I'd welcome any input!

Thanks! xoxoxo

Less than 2 is normal :) mine was 0.8 yesterday. Wasn't combined with bloods either.

Thanks Maybe.

Finally spoke to MW yesterday who told me that I was low risk. They combined the scan with factors such as my age, weight, lifestyle, etc and results were 1 in 1,700 and 1 in 1,600 or 1,500 (cant remember now - they said they posted a letter to me yesterday). She told me this was low risk and good results. I know that some people get like 1 in 30,000 but I figure maybe my age (Ill be 35 in under 2 weeks) and fertility treatments may have something to do with it. I am happy with it anyways!

So, my bump seems to grow by the day. I swear I woke one morning and it was much bigger! So strange!

Had my scan this morning. Been put forward to EDD of 26th September. 12+1.

Attachments

• Scan 12w1d.jpg
    Scan 12w1d.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies, scan was good, the baby is due on DHs bday, 21st sept, so put forward four days, will be 13 weeks tomorrow. Might even venture to a ticker......

https://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/asherashton/0AAED5FE-E74F-41C4-B876-99BAC6E2C999-11562-000007DC3598CAAF_zps64b0aaf2.jpg

Asher - fantastic pic!! I'm so glad to hear it went well! :happydance:

I was thinking the same thing with the ticker but just realized I have absolutely no idea how to go about doing it! Ha!:haha:

I find it mad to think I could have my baby in my arms by mid-September (I'm hopefully having a section at 39/40!) Our babies will be the oldest in the school year!

Sunny I think I found the ticker thing on lily pad? Will have a go later I think!

Noo, I don't go to 40 weeks so I reckon first or second week sept for me! Eek! I'll have my birthday 24 th aug, then Sam's the day after, a baby in September and Archie will be 9 on the 6th October!!

Sunny I think I found the ticker thing on lily pad? Will have a go later I think!

Noo, I don't go to 40 weeks so I reckon first or second week sept for me! Eek! I'll have my birthday 24 th aug, then Sam's the day after, a baby in September and Archie will be 9 on the 6th October!!

Sounds like February in this house, My nan is 2nd, dad is 8th, I'm 16th and Coby is 23rd (due on 16th!) then father in law on 28th/29th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->