Late September Babies Thread!

My NT went well. Baby looked great! Blood work will come back next week.
Also, we are Team :pink:!!

I'm so jealous of people that got to find out gender at N/T scan. They didn't even give me an option. Or am I misunderstanding??

Sorry I haven't been around lately, these little guys had me on bed rest for two weeks, and then I had the N/T yesterday. Scan looked great, just waiting on blood results. :)

My NT went well. Baby looked great! Blood work will come back next week.
Also, we are Team :pink:!!

I can't help wonder how they know for sure. External sex organs aren't distinguishable until around 15 weeks.

20 weeks scan appt arrived this morning! Eek! 10th May for me. Feels like ages away but got midwife in 3 weeks then think scan is about 4 weeks after that so I'm sure it'll fly!

I can't help wonder how they know for sure. External sex organs aren't distinguishable until around 15 weeks.

The sonographer we had says that he will pay the baby's college tuition if he is wrong. He specializes in the First Trimester NT scans and according to my Nurse Practitioner and my OB he has never been wrong in the many years that they have worked with him (which my nurse has worked with him for around 15, he's been doing ultrasounds for more than 25 years)
What got me was that he didn't say "It looks like a girl" or "I think it's a girl". He said with 100% confidence "You are having a girl"
I asked him how he could tell, and he simply pointed to the screen and said if she were a boy the penis would be right here.
Before I went to have an ultrasound with this sonographer, I thought for sure I would be taking the gender he gave me with a grain of salt and waiting until my 20 week to reveal. However, after the fact, I don't have a doubt in my mind. He said it with such confidence that I believe he knows what he's talking about and is right.
Now, will I be broken hearted if this is the one time in his career that he is wrong? No. It would come as a shock, but I would definitely be okay with it. Though I'm sure I don't have to worry about it.

I'm so jealous of people that got to find out gender at N/T scan. They didn't even give me an option. Or am I misunderstanding??

Sorry I haven't been around lately, these little guys had me on bed rest for two weeks, and then I had the N/T yesterday. Scan looked great, just waiting on blood results. :)

The dr couldn't see gender in my NT scan.

A little girly :) we have decided that we don't want to know, the suspense will drove me mad :)

I suppose being told this early depends on the quality of the equipment and the experience of the sonographer. I can't imagine any sonographer would tell you the sex, with such certainty, unless they were very confident about it. :)

Everyone seems to be told different things about when things can and can't be done, like we don't hear a heartbeat until 18 weeks because the ultrasound equipment can't pick it up until then apparently, yet other women hear it at a scan much earlier! It's just different systems in different places I suppose!

A little girly :) we have decided that we don't want to know, the suspense will drove me mad :)

I suppose being told this early depends on the quality of the equipment and the experience of the sonographer. I can't imagine any sonographer would tell you the sex, with such certainty, unless they were very confident about it. :)

Everyone seems to be told different things about when things can and can't be done, like we don't hear a heartbeat until 18 weeks because the ultrasound equipment can't pick it up until then apparently, yet other women hear it at a scan much earlier! It's just different systems in different places I suppose!

I wish I had the patience to wait and be surprised. I just think the suspense would be too much for me to handle, haha! I would just want to know. its also convienent this time knowing because I have boxes upon boxes of girl clothes so that's one less thing I'll need to think about lol.

I completely agree about our sonographer too. I think that's why I left with no doubt he was right, he wouldn't have told me with such certainty if he wasn't certain :) Every experience is different, every baby is different too. With my DD, they couldn't tell me her gender with any sort of certainty even at my 20 week scan. I had to have a private gender verification scan to tell me for 100%. But I'm also in a different city with a different doctor and entirely different health system as compared to when I had DD.

Interestingly, the only similarity between my two pregnancies so far is that I heard the heartbeat for the first time at about 12 weeks. As well as a couple of symptoms that are the same (major breaking out in the first trimester and horrible backache to name a couple)

Hi all,
I am pregnant with my first, due 25th September.
I only just stumbled across this thread today and was wondering if I could join?
I am part of another September thread, but was starting to not enjoy it as much due to majority of the ladies that were posting were due early September, and around 16 weeks pregnant. I guess I just felt like I didnt really belong as they are all so far ahead of me :/
I think its very nice that some women are finding out the gender already, but I think it was starting to drive me a bit nuts when it was all I was reading 24/7. We dont have the option of private gender scans here in NZ.
I hope I havent offended anyone by this comment, im not blaming anyone or anything, it just might be nicer to chat with ladies due closer to me :)

Welcome Court!

So happy to hear how well everyone is doing... Adopim, I cant believe you know the gender already! DH and I want it to be a surprise, but like WannaB, I think the suspense is going to make me crazy. :wacko:

Had my NT on Wednesday- Everything is good- low risk for downs. I also got my OFFICIAL due date which is September 26th. Yay! That means I'm 13+1 today! :happydance:

I'm still having morning sickness. So irritating! I am really ready to move out of this stage... :sick:

Hi Court! :wave:

Welcome Court!

So happy to hear how well everyone is doing... Adopim, I cant believe you know the gender already! DH and I want it to be a surprise, but like WannaB, I think the suspense is going to make me crazy. :wacko:

Had my NT on Wednesday- Everything is good- low risk for downs. I also got my OFFICIAL due date which is September 26th. Yay! That means I'm 13+1 today! :happydance:

I'm still having morning sickness. So irritating! I am really ready to move out of this stage... :sick:

I can't believe that I know this early either! Technology these days just completely amazes me. And my sonographer was absolutely incredible. :)

We want to try for 4 children total (so 2 more after this one). If our next one is a boy, then I might be able to handle a surprise 4th baby. But that's a long way away yet, so I'll figure that out when we get there! Haha

With my DD, I had morning sickness every day until 16 weeks. Then I still got sick randomly about once a week after that until about 25 weeks. I hope yours goes away soon!

Welcome Court :) my due date is Sept 25th too.

My MS has eased off but it's like I have a couple of good days n the a really bad day, which was yesterday! I really struggled not to throw up all day at work! Had a good nights sleep sp hoping today will be better

My due date is Sept 25 also! Haven't been on here in a while, but have been reading others' posts. Things are good, had my NT scan and all is good there 1 in 3461 chance or something and also had MaterniT21 blood test which came back negative. So things are good so far! (this is our first)
I don't get MS per say, but feel nauseous. Usually it is when I haven't eaten for a few hours, so sometimes in the morning for sure. I have recently had a lot of sneezing and congestion and headaches, and I am not sure if it is a cold or allergies or what. I don't feel sick. Other than that, I am starting to feel slightly better today than other days it seems.
Glad others are doing well...

Hows your weight gain at the minute? I've now gained 5lb. Grr! Pretty sure at least 2lb is my breasts though! They've gone HUGE!

Hows your weight gain at the minute? I've now gained 5lb. Grr! Pretty sure at least 2lb is my breasts though! They've gone HUGE!

Officially I've gained 3lbs (from first appt to second appt). Though I know I have gained more than that, not sure exactly, but I know it's probably been close to 10lbs since ovulation on January 1.

My breasts have gotten bigger and heavier too! I've grown at least an entire cup size so far. They have stopped hurting so bad now, so DH is loving it.... :rofl:

Officially I've gained 3lbs (from first appt to second appt). Though I know I have gained more than that, not sure exactly, but I know it's probably been close to 10lbs since ovulation on January 1.

My breasts have gotten bigger and heavier too! I've grown at least an entire cup size so far. They have stopped hurting so bad now, so DH is loving it.... :rofl:

Ahh I've prob gained a bit more because I lost about 7lb through MS but put all that back on PLUS 4/5lb :( Depressing! Though I had already been booked before MS got back so only 4/5lb officially! I already have a raised BMI though so Im paranoid as I can't really gain much during pregnancy otherwise I'll get told off :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->