Late transfer with FET?

MissionBabyR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We had 3 frozen embryos (all PGD normal) from our last IVF cycle. Fresh transfer was cancelled due to late embryo development and was converted to a frozen cycle. This is the schedule my RE gave me, we are really concerned if the transfer is too late, can you guys give me some insight into what you think about this, and how your FETs were?

CD 3-12: BCP
CD 16-27: Estrace
CD 27-32: Progesterone
CD 33: Transfer

I can't imagine why my RE would want to start Estrace on CD16 (could it be scheduling issues?). This is our last chance and I don't want to mess it up because of the clinic's scheduling problems.

:cry::nope:

Hi. I'm no expert but If you're on bcp and stop you will force a withdrawal period and then you will start estrace on day 1 of bleeding - timing seems right to me. Good luck. Know how you feel - I'm also on last chance saloon in the 2ww post double blast fet! X

my transfer is on cycle day 23, ive been on estrace since cd1 but no bcp.

Hi - sorry - I'm not following from the schedule you listed above, looks like you started bcp day 3 etc. Can you ask your RE to explain?

Thanks ladies. I did check with my RE today, and it does look like its due to scheduling problems. They want to "pause" my cycle with the BCP, and consider the stopping of the BCPs as day 1. So they would consider my actual CD16 as their CD4.

Its driving me crazy, I am helpless because they said they don't have available slots for the transfer!!!

The schedule you posted looks typical--they are stalling you with the birth control but sometimes that happens for their schedule or yours. But I wouldn't get too tied to a transfer date yet. Your transfer date should be based ONLY on your body's readiness (uterine lining and hormone levels). The date they gave you should be an estimate. Press them if they are holding firm before your cycle has even started, because at this point no one can possibly know exactly how long you'll need to prep your lining. Even the same person can vary cycle to cycle. At best, your clinic can give you a window of days when they think it might be. I speak from experience here: Do not let them transfer a PGD embryo until your lining is ready. Ask questions, and trust your gut.

Wishing you all the best.

The schedule you posted looks typical--they are stalling you with the birth control but sometimes that happens for their schedule or yours. But I wouldn't get too tied to a transfer date yet. Your transfer date should be based ONLY on your body's readiness (uterine lining and hormone levels). The date they gave you should be an estimate. Press them if they are holding firm before your cycle has even started, because at this point no one can possibly know exactly how long you'll need to prep your lining. Even the same person can vary cycle to cycle. At best, your clinic can give you a window of days when they think it might be. I speak from experience here: Do not let them transfer a PGD embryo until your lining is ready. Ask questions, and trust your gut.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks jsquared, I'll make sure I keep track of the lining and hormone levels and I hope it all works out at the end. Congrats on your BFP! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->