Laura's Wedding Journal - 30th August 2014

Not done much wedding stuff this weekend. My Mum's just brought round a head dress she's made for one of my girls to wear, my oldest daughter tried it on and it looks lovely :)
xxx

ahh that's lovely of your mum. Mine's not really having any input, as we're not that close. I keep meaning to ask her whether she knows what she is wearing yet!

My Mum has helped me plan it all, it's my future MIL that's had no input at all. She moaned about it being on a Saturday when we told them we'd set the date. Since then she's not mentioned it to either of us :(

My Mum makes jewellery so she is making all the BM's head dresses and maybe some necklaces and bracelets for my girls. I'm going to buy a silver necklace for each of my other two BM's as their gift.

I think my poor little man is teething again :( he woke up screaming earlier. He's also sucking his gums and got bright red cheeks like he did a few weeks ago when he cut his first two teeth. Poor bubba xxx

Other way for me, my Mil is really helpful. She hasn't helped me plan anything as such, I think she'd wait to be asked. However for babysitting so I can get things sorted she is amzing. I booked my make-up and hair trial for the same day, which means a day away from the boys as I have to drive an hour to the hairdresser plus the time for the appointments and she will have them :)

ahh poor little man, hope it doesn't last too long x

I haven't done much wedding stuff this week. We wrote out the day invitations on Tuesday evening. Will write the evening invites this week, still discussing the evening guest list, lol.

We've decided to ask two of our best friends to be Ushers along with my brother, so we'll have 3. They will be thrilled :)

xxx

ahh that's nice to include more friends in the ceremony. We just have 1 usher and he is my best male friend. :)

We were thinking of asking one of df's cousins but he has loads and we didn't want to upset anyone so this made more sense. They popped round this morning (they don't live locally, they've been down for the weekend for a visit) on their way home so we asked them :)

Are you having a hen night? What are you doing? xxx

Yes I am. We are going to Brighton for the weekend in May. Got a pole dancing lesson, cocktail making and life drawing planned alongside the normal drinking etc.. then will have a meal out drinks in my hometown nearer to the wedding to include the girls that couldn't make Brighton and mum's etc.. how about you?

Not sure yet, two of my friends are gonna plan it. We did discuss maybe starting with a pamper day somewhere.

xxx

Had a few set backs so I've not got much done lately. I'm still waiting for the hotel to ring and arrange for us to go in and discuss plans.
Trying to decide on who to get to make the cake (we've got 3 quotes, all roughly the same price) and what type of stand to have it on.
I need to book an appointment for my bridesmaids to go in to try on and order their dresses, we're gonna do it on the Friday of half term.
I'm beginning to panic that the church won't hold over 80 guests so I need to speak to the vicar to see what the capacity is.
So lots to do, need to pull my finger out and get on with it! Lol xxx

Wedding cake is booked :)

The church can easily hold 80 guests

I'm taking my bridesmaids shopping for their dresses next Friday.

Some progress made :) can't wait to go shopping next Friday xxx

Fab day shopping with my bridesmaids! All their dresses are ordered :)

I'm going back next Wednesday to try on my dress with my shoes

xxx

I've lost weight!! And if I lose much more I'll have to have big alterations made to my dress! Arghh! I had intentions of losing a bit before the wedding but I haven't even started to try losing weight yet. Oh well, one less thing to do :)

I think mine was mostly due to stress. I had exams just after Christmas and then an assignment due straight after in the module I hate most and then a 6 year old's birthday party to plan. My stomach was quite dodgy during those 6 weeks, I think that was probably something to do with it. And the fact I didn't go to my mum's for christmas so I ate probably a tenth of the amount of chocolate I would normally eat haha

I don't know! I wish I did so I could undo it to put a teeny bit back on again. I went for a week without sugary foods but surely that can't be it?! I've taken up baking fairy cakes and eating them :) hopefully that'll help, lol!

Not long for you now 30mummyof1, how are the plans coming along?

Kmbabycrazy, what are planning on doing about your dress if you lose more weight? I'm panicking a bit, lol.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->