Laura's Wedding Journal - 30th August 2014

Ace, yep know that feeling. Friends that now have a +1 or family that i don't want to invite but my parents have talked me into inviting! grrr

Our day guests are now at 70 adults and 10 children.

The evening guests are 159! Eeeeeeeek

Just been through invoices, emails and ebay to work out what I've spent on all the little bits (table confetti, ribbon, bows, coloured sand etc) and it comes to £109 :o it's amazing how £2 on this and £4 on that can quickly mount up to so much. Although, it does include my shoes and table plan frame so that's made me feel a little better.

My Mum finished the invitations this afternoon so we're gonna start writing them out tomorrow.

Night xxx

Ooh what are they like? Things mount up so quickly its unreal!! xx

The invitations are shop bought, they say Wedding Invitation in gold swirly lettering and then underneath we have glued on a small lilac bow to personalise.

They were reduced to £1.49 for a pack of 10, Cheap and cheerful :) xxx

Yay :happydance:, can't decide how to do mine yet keep changing my mind!

Met with the photographer this evening, she's lovely and so are her photos. We have booked her for the wedding, now we just need to decide which package to use.

1. From getting ready up to group photos before leaving the church £250
2. From getting ready up to the speeches £375
3. From getting ready up to the first dance £450

What are you ladies having? xxx

I know, I'm so glad she still has our date available. I'm thinking up to the first dance too.

Although, on another note! df doesn't dance and really doesn't want to do a first dance. Is there an alternative?

xxx

Wow that's really cheap! Yeah there's an alternative - dont have one! If you're not too bothered about tradition that is. I'm having 5 hours with my photographer and its £550 I think. I paid so long ago lol! I've got it written down! But OHs Auntie's partner is awesome with a camera so he will be taking pics at night xx

That is a really fab price. We've got ours from getting ready to first dance and it's £600. And I thought that was cheap for that package. We know quite a few people handy with a camera, OH's cousin is a location scout for films so he basically takes pictures for a living, but we didn't want him basically working at our wedding so we're happy for him to take pictures if he wants but don't want him to feel like he has to. We're also setting up an instagram hashtag for it and putting disposable cameras out. Oh and we're having a photo guestbook and buying a Polaroid camera for people to take pictures to put in it.

Our day guests are 80 and I have no idea what our evening guests are atm haha. Need to check that. I think it's about 140 xx

Thanks for your opinions ladies, we're going with the whole day package :)

Got my colposcopy at 10am tomorrow, feeling really nervous now. I've got a headache too and that's unusual for me, I'm guessing it's the tension. Will update you when I get home xxx

I was going to have disposable's but I mentioned it to my friend who got married in October and she said they felt it was a waste of money. They got lots of pic's that didn't come out and lots of silly pic's. Now I don't know what to do, it costs £4.50 to develop a 28 pic disposable in Sainsbury's. That's £45 if you have 10 of them. xxx

IMO I think silly pics are good, it shows that people had a good time at your wedding and to me thats important. Each to their own though! xx

That's what I think too mummy may. The silly pictures are the ones of people having fun x

All good at the hospital, have to go back for a check up in 12 months time :D so relieved!

I'm torn about the camera's, I think I'll still get them and put them on the tables. Like you ladies say, that's what shows people had a good time

xxx

I hadn't thought of them but think they are a good idea. :)

Great news that you have the all clear :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->