• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laura's Wedding Journal - 30th August 2014

:D

Feeling good this morning, just been able to put more money into the Wedding fund :)

I seriously need to get back on track with my planning now Christmas is over.

Happy 2014 Ladies xxx

We're trying to decide on a design for our cake at the moment.

I went dress shopping yesterday and all 3 shops were closed :( hoping to go again at the end of the week.

I've found a gorgeous frame for our table plan, I need to get it ordered. We are making sweet trees for the tables in the evening, so I need to order all the balls and cocktail sticks. Then find somewhere to by the sweets.

You're probably best making an appt to go dress shopping hun Have you got a cash and carry for sweets maybe? xx

I went dress shopping again yesterday and I bought my dress :D also got my veil and a tiara. I have chosen the bridesmaid dresses too! When I got home I found a pair of shoes in the BHS sale to wear on the day.

I ordered a lovely frame for our table plan, the sweet tree polystyrene balls, the little bows to glue onto the invitations and a few other bits.

We have finally found a photographer that's not too expensive and is available. We're meeting her next Wednesday to look at her portfolio and discuss what we'd like.

We have chosen our cake design too so I am waiting on a price for it from a friend that used to make wedding cakes.

I'll upload some pic's later :)

xxx

Here is a catalogue pic of my dress

AT4476.png

This is what I've chosen for my older bridesmaids, they'll be lilac though not the greeny colour in the pic

https://www.orchidsbridal.com/bridesmaids/venus/Venus-D520-Bridesmaids.html

And my 3 little girls will be wearing this dress, the sash will be lilac

https://www.hilarymorgan.com/products/zooms/50663.jpg

and my shoes are these

https://media.bhs.co.uk/wcsstore/BHSUK/images/catalog/1160780904_large.jpg

I am so pleased with my frame for the seating plan, can't wait for it to arrive

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321282869925?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

xxx

Your plans are coming on good, love the frame. I have just got my wedding folder out again tonight and am searching on flower girl dresses.

Thanks FirstBean, I can't wait for the frame to arrive.

I forgot to upload pics of the two cakes we're down too. Gonna see what the prices are before we decide which one to go with.

xxx

Your frame is quite similar to mine except mine is a mirror which I will write on with chalk pen :) xx

:hi:

Love all of your finds, the flower girl dresses are similar to what I am thinking of :)

Thanks 30mummyof1. The dresses are cute :) my oldest dd tried one on in the shop last week and she looked adorable.

My friend isn't able to make our wedding cake :( which is a shame as she's amazing!

I ordered 20 lilac pearlised balloons last night for £3.98 and got 10 free!! They're printed with "Just Married" Now to find some plain ivory ones to mix in with them.

I need to buy some sweets to make up the practice sweet tree. I googled "Good sweets to use on a sweet tree" last night and got lots of ideas.

Tried on my shoes when df went out last night, LOVE them :)

xxx

I'm trying to keep my shoes secret too! although not sure why really! :haha:

ahh bless, it will be lovely having all your children at your wedding. They will look so cute all dresses up. Do you think you will have anymore children once you are married?

I'm not showing df my shoes :) he's not going to see anything of my outfit till the day! Haha, I took my shoes to my Nan's house today to keep them there till I need to wear them in.

I'm so pleased our lo's will get to share in our special day with us. Alfie will be our pageboy :cloud9: No, I don't plan on having anymore children. I'm complete now :)

I have to go for a Colposcopy on Friday cus I had abnormal changes on my most recent smear. The worry of this has made me want to just enjoy our children.

xxx

Ahh fair enough, that would be scary.hope there's nothing to worry about :hugs:

Thanks hun. I'm so worried, I kinda just want to not go, bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is fine. But that's obviously irresponsible and not going to solve anything :( can't wait for it to be over. The wedding planning is helping me keep my mind off it.

I might make a sweet tree tonight for fun :) lol xxx

Yeah, i'd probably be the same hun. Maybe have something lined up to look forward to at the end of the day, takeaway, wine, chocs etc.?

Haven't heard of a sweet tree before, I shall have to google!

Have just googled they are cool! are you having them as centrepieces or on a sweet table?

We're gonna have them as the centre pieces for the evening. I've put them away for now, gonna concentrate on getting the invitations finished and sent before I practice making one.

Been going through the guest list again and already had to add a few extra to the day and a few extra to the evening, grrr!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->