Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

I know it's super later but congratulations on your baby girl.

You are soooooo organised, I'm so excited to see your plans coming together.

How's it going with writing the invitations?

Yeah that comb will still go with the new style. Just take it with you on the trial and the hairdresser can style your hair around it. If it was me (without knowing whether the style is symmetrical or not) I would have it at the back of the head, poking out the top of the hair, if you know what I mean!?

Invites are all wrote out, thanks to OH, I know shock horror but I gave him to choice to feed Darcey or write the invites :haha: kicked him into action though! Hopefully we will take a drive round later or 2moro and get some of them delivered!

That's how I was thinking Aly, but ill take it with me and see how it looks, I can always get something after if it doesn't!

I really want to sort our parents thank you presents but OH keeps saying we can't decide what to get them until we know what money's spare, but he's using our wedding account for stag do money at the mo so I have to wait til that's all gone out until he'll look!

:happydance: so pleased that your invites are done

hopefully it's not too long before you can sort out the thank you presents

Woo for invites :D I found free printable table numbers before so I'm gonna have a practice go at them! Xx

Did you sort your mad libs out? I've found some free printables that are quite good (I'm now having them :D ) But can send you the link if you haven't gotten yours sorted xx

Haven't got round to getting any of the invites out yet, hopefully ill get a few some out over the weekend!

Mummy May its a free printable I found for the Mad Libs so I'm guessing its the same one you found! You've reminded me though I need to get round to getting them printed and I need to sort the inserts for the Order of the Days!

:happydance:3 Months To Go!!!!!!:happydance:

Aaarrrrhhhhhhh!

I had my first wedding nightmare last night too, my dress was too short, the bridesmaid dresses never got ordered so they went and picked their own, one pink, one had red and 2 had navy! No one told me until I seen them on the day!! I really hope I don't have anymore of them, it's made me even more scared than what I was!

Well done for invites...want to do mine too? :rofl::rofl::dohh:

Oooh nooo, wedding nightmares are the worst. I've not had one in a while *touch wood* but I had my first about a year ago now. I still remember it vividly too. Haha! x

I'm hoping not to have any nightmares lol! I'm sure everything will come together, must be awful at the time though, bless you. Yeah were probs having the same mad libs lol! What centrepieces are you having? And did you get an easel for your mirror? xx

Yep sweets for the centrepieces, which I can't wait to order so I can secretly eat :haha:

The venue have an easel I can use which has saved me getting one :)

Mad Libs are these .....

https://www.lovevsdesign.com/printables/free/confetti-mad-libs

Yes! We have the same lol! I'm struggling on ideas for centrepieces, though maybe thinking vases with pink and green bon bons in :D xx

I really need to get back in to the swing of things!

We have nearly delivered all of the invites and we've already received 2 RSVPs back!

People have also been telling us that they've been booking rooms to stay the night which will be nice to have people there with us the next morning!

OHs shifts have changed at work which means I need to change my hair trial as ill have no one to have the kids, unless I can see if my Mum will work from home that day and watch them while I go!

Talking of my Mum she's back from her hols 2moro so we are going to plan a day out shopping for her outfit, which I'm really looking forward to!

Presents for our parents still haven't been decided, I said to get both our Mums a bunch of flowers and our Dads an engraved tankard like the best man and ushers for on the day and then tell them that we will do them a photo book of the wedding pictures or have them a canvas made of their fav picture! OH doesn't think that's good though but won't come up with anything himself!

What are you all getting your parents, if you are ?

I havnt even thought about it tbh, will definately get my mum and MIL some flowers, although I really like the idea of a photobook.
I doubt ill get my dad or FIL anything, just promise them drinks all night in the bar maybe lol.

Yeah I'm thinking we will have to get Mother and MIL a present because they have helped with the costs (well my mother says she is, we will see if that happens!) but it will probably be flowers. Nothing for my Dad or FIL I doubt, because they aren't helping us (we don't want help) and I'm not being given away so it seems silly to give them a present for nothing lol xx

Yea see both our parents have really helped us out, my parents have paid for my dress and lots of bits and pieces, they are also having them for the week we go on our honeymoon and then the inlaws paid for the photographer and our honeymoon so they have spent a lot on us so we really want to thank them!

I think they'd both love the photos, it's personal and they both love photos! I think OH thinks its a bit boring though but he doesn't come up with any ideas and I have no clue what else!

Well at the moment we (I) are planning to get my mum, his mum and my dad a personalised photo frame each for them to choose their favourite photo for. And then a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my step-mum, and a bottle of bubbly for each couple too. OH thinks it's too much but they've all helped us out so I don't think it's much at all really :shrug:

Fingers crossed your mum can have the kiddies for you. How rubbish that his shift changed. When is your hair trial??

Room for a clueless stalker? I just read the first two pages of this journal but need to catch up on how your plans have actually transpired! Love your engagement ring and your venue is lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->