Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

Well drama as always has been happening in OHs family and now the two flower girls (OHs two nieces) aren't coming, thankfully OH put his foot down and said we ain't getting involved in your games say no now and they are off everything so they have been wiped of everything! We don't even know what's gone on their Mum isn't with OHs brother anymore and he doesn't really do anything for them but MIL has them 3 days a week and there is always drama going on!!

I finally payed the deposit for our wedding hair today and booked Bobby in to have his wedding hair cut on the Wednesday before!

I've just ordered Bobby one of those little ready beds for at the hotel so that way he can go in whoever's room he wants to!

Bit naughty of me but after my MOH got the most amazing cupcakes for my hen weekend I wanted to have some from that woman instead of the plain boring ones I'd ordered so I've just spoke to the woman and she can do them and they will end up about £20 more than the other ones but they are going to look great instead of just making do!

Dress fittings again on Saturday for me and the bridesmaids, my Mum is coming this time to see us all before the day!

SIL and her boyfriend have offered to have the kids in Wednesday next week so Me and OH can go shopping for some new clothes for Vegas, hopefully then ill get some gift bags for the thank you presents, sparkly grips for my hair, Darcey some little socks to wear, Fathers Day presents as its Fathers Day the day after the wedding, I'm going to treat us all to a new outfit for the day after the wedding so I will get them too hopefully!

I done a to do list this morning and it is SO long, so many little bits and pieces to get done!

Oh gosh, not more drama!! At least OH put his foot down and told them exactly how it was. But what a shame his nieces won't be there :(

Can you cancel the cakes you've already ordered? £20 extra is nothing when you think about it. And you'll be so much happier with them.

:nope: what a shame oh's nieces won't be there. But it's good that oh put his foot down though.

I'd definitely see if you can cancel the other cakes and get the fancy ones ordered off this lady. It's worth the extra £20 for you to be that much happier with them :happydance:

Awwwww I love those little ready bed things. My other cousin (the mum of 3 of my flower girls) brought one with her last time she was over and her eldest girl absolutely love it :D

How has nobody else noticed that BLOODY HELL you're your Mum's double!!!! Your hen do looks fab though, I'm starting to think that mine is going to be boring now lol. I cannot believe how quick your wedding is coming around xx

I've read through your whole journal today and I can't wait to see the pictures of it! I love everything! Your guestbook is gorgeous. Colour scheme is what I want when I get married too!
Have you ordered your sweets yet? xx

It is a shame bit their Dad doesnt look after them so MIL would spend all her time at our wedding looking after them, OH said himself atleast now maybe she'll enjoy the day and he said maybe she'll start to pay our kids some attention as she never sees our kids anymore shes too busy with the other two!!

Haha mummymay everyone says that about me and my mum!! What are you doing for your hen weekend? Im sure it will be fab!!

Thank you Faydanielle i hope it all looks how i hope it does! Ive just ordered the sweets now, just ordered 1kg of each sort so then i can order more if needed! We already have marshmellows and flying saucers :)

Ive also ordered a thicker chalk pen for the table plan so i can do bits thicker and thinner, im dreading so much doing it, been putting it off so much!

Ordered Darcey a little pair of socks too as the shoes i got her i doubt will fit her!!

Just payed off final balance to the photographer, DJ and photo booth :happydance:

Final dress fitting tomorrow, can't wait to have my dress on again :D

Can't believe it's 2 weeks tomorrow, I'm so scared!!

Wow it's going to come around so fast! Are you nervous?

Your hen do looked so much fun, I especially loved the masks although it would freak me out big time :rofl: Sorry you're having a bit of family drama, seems like it's an unwritten law surrounding weddings!

Emma i cant even tell you how nervous i am, i am soooo scared and i just know how bad ill be on the day!! Im starting to think why are we doing this because we are both the same haha!!

Final dress fittings done for me and the bridesmaids, my Mum came and cried at me in my dress, she seriously is going to be a mess on the day :haha: but thats all done and they will be collected the day before!

Awwww it will be so amazing on the day when you see all of your plans come together and you look like a princess.. and you get to marry your OH of course :haha:

Ahh you're so nearly there! :wohoo:

Oh my! 2 weeks! I'm just going to Newcastle on the 9th of November and my hens are dressing up as things beginning with n ... See the theme yet?! Lol! I'm nervous for my wedding too, in fact at Rory's christening we stood at the front and I said to oh I can't do it hahaha xxx

Ohh wow that sounds fun Mummymay, Newcastle is meant to be amazing for a nightout!!

Some of the sweets have arrived so we gave them a try in the jars! (Ignore the ribbon its my spare jar haha)

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/IMG-20130603-WA0000_zps90621bdc.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/IMG-20130603-WA0001_zps2710cc5e.jpg

Ohh they look good!! And will be so easy to prepare beforehand! What have you ended up spending on the sweets if you don't mind me asking? Xxx

Course i don't mind you asking :)

We have got marshmallows and flying saucers which we got from the poundshop!

And then so far we have ordered -

100 love hearts (that's 100 in that 1 jar) - £7.94
1kg pink mushrooms - £6.90
1kg pink and blue bottles - £7.35
1kg bonbons - £6.85
1kg pink and white mice - £6.90

We need a bit more than this but not a lot more!

We have some major drama going on at the minute, OH and MIL have fell out, I won't go into it cause ill be here for days but lets just say she's been given the choice to come to our wedding and enjoy the day with us or have her other two grandchildren (the ones I mentioned before) and at the minute it's looking like she will be choosing not to come! It's all a fresh though so we will see in a few days what's going on! OH has said to me though if she chooses not to come then he will cut her out completely!

Stress we don't need so close to our day!

oh lord- poor you!!!!! I sincerely hope that this is just a storm in
a teacup and she puts up or shuts up for you. urgh!

xx

I'm my lord, as if this is happening so close to your day. If would be inclined to be like your OH in this though, I mean she could have them any day of the year but you and her son will only get married once. If that was my mother I would be telling her to sod off. Hope you getting sorted soon Hun. Hugs!

Xxx

P.s your sweets cost way less than I expected you to be spending lol

Well as I predicted everything is back to normal and they are acting like nothing happened which don't get me wrong is good for the point of the wedding but I just don't get how they do it, lets face it if it was me dealing with it she wouldn't be coming to the wedding or having anything to do with us for all she said but that's why I have learnt to stay out of it!

Anyway we went to get Bobby some toms to go with his suit and they are a funny fit and don't fit his feet so we got him some black converse instead, still not sure to keep them or to get black vans instead!

Got a phone call today to say the suits have arrived early so we can collect them which is great, means we can get everyone to try them and sort them out in plenty of time!

More sweets arrived .....

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20130604_154333_zps48f6417e.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20130604_154008_zpsd8dde68d.jpg

And I got some gift bags for the tankards so they are all ready to go .....

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20130604_172748_zps38e3db54.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->