Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

Flower Girl Dresses

I ordered the flower girl dresses yesterday! I ended up getting them off ebay from a UK seller for £14.99 each! I hope they're as nice as the picture :)

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/6603e567a1e7ccd1fca247fa2bdf7b04.jpg

I went to debenhams yesterday evening with my Mum and Auntie,
I picked up a clutch bag and hair comb which my Auntie then treated me to which is a bonus!
Here's the bag and I can't find a picture online of the comb so ill take one 2morow!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/0bf89a77305153bff21e731b7ac352d3.jpg

I love the dresses. Very cute!

I've not even thought about a bag!!! Jeez, if it wasn't for your journal if forget so moans things :lol: That bag is lovely though. Think I'll be tracking a browse at the Debenhams website...

Just read through your journal.....your so organised :)

I absolutely love the flower ideas you have put together. They are stunning x

Rubbish picture but here's my hair comb!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121116_182906.jpg​

I love the dresses. Very cute!

I've not even thought about a bag!!! Jeez, if it wasn't for your journal if forget so moans things :lol: That bag is lovely though. Think I'll be tracking a browse at the Debenhams website...

Haha I wasn't sure to have one or not, then I thought it would be handy just to keep phone and any little bits I need! Debenhams is fab I have to say, they have a sale on at the minute aswel, I think that bag was only about £7!

Just read through your journal.....your so organised :)

I absolutely love the flower ideas you have put together. They are stunning x

Thank you! I'm going to sort flowers 2moro so hopefully ill know what I'm having!

Haha I'm only so organised because I know when I've got 2 under 2 ill be the least organised person going!

Wow, how many mistakes did my last comment have?? Haha

That comb is lovely. I'm still undecided on how I'm having my hair. Have you settled on a style now? Are you having a veil? x

Lovely dresses! We bought some off Ebay for around that price but my mum didn't like them. So i'm having to sell them shes ordered some other ones.

Your hair comb is stunning, are you having a veil? x

I'm planning on having my hair something like this picture! Just all back in a massive bun! Then I'm thinking the hair comb at the back! No veil no, they put one on me when I was trying on dresses and made her take it off straight away, it's not me and I looked so silly in it, it really didnt suit me!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/83fce0668039a781ff687cfc70117083.jpg

The flower girl dresses came today and I can't get over how nice they are, I wasn't expecting much as they were so cheap but ill take a picture 2moro, they are lovely!

Right I need a rant and some advice if you have any!
We have just came back from OHs Aunties house (the Mum to two of my bridesmaids) all along she has been trying to be involved in things (probs moaned about her before tbf) and today she was like I was speaking to so and so about wedding make up and she charges x amount so I said oh I have it sorted, she knows I do because I text all the girls the details, prices and said its up to them as they would have to pay themselves, the girls asked their Mum as they are 14 and 17 and she wanted to know all the details who it was and everything else like always! She said she can come to the venue so I might sort that for the girls, I'm sorry but if you want someone coming to do their make up you go with the person I've chose, I am not being in the situation on my wedding day of having someone I've booked to come do mine and 2 of my bridesmaids make up and then your own little make up artist coming to do theirs!!!
She then turned round and said 'I don't know what to do about their hair' what again!!! How and what goes on with their hair is my choice, so I said 'I think A (bridesmaid) I going to do it cause their just having it curled with the Straightners, she went on to say she would pay for them to have it done etc etc, I was just like whatever!!
I've come home and said to OH it's really starting to piss me off and he said oh well you didn't say anything to her but its not my place to turn around to his Auntie and tell her to back the fuck off! Ahhhhh what do i do, I can't say anything but OH wont either! My Mum and MIL aren't being like this so why does she feel the need too!

Flowers

Went to see the florist today and they were fab, so friendly and helpful that they had my business straight away! Prices were so reasonable too! I have gone for a 'country looking' style with pale pinks, peach and ivory/cream with some greenery! I have put down for

- brides bouquet
- 4 bridesmaids
- 8 mens button holes
- a little one for Bobby
- 2 ladies corsages
- a low lie for the registrar table
- 2 big pedestal arrangement to go in the ceremony room then to be moved to either side of the top table

All of this came to about £370 so compared to the other prices I've been given and also the £800 I was quoted from somewhere I am chuffed! My Mum then also said to me that when my Nan died about 18 months ago they got some money and she saved £500 to be used for something for me and said she would like go use it to pay for the flowers as my Nan loved flowers so that was lovely and has saved us even more money :)

Your flowers sound gorgeous and similar to the type of thing I want. I want them to look like they have been picked from a garden the day before :flower:

That's lovely that you will be using your Nan's money. My Nan passed away 2 years ago and my Grandad passed away 1 year ago and they each left me £500, so £1000 in total and I'm using it to pay for my dress, flowers and Jacob's pageboy suit :) I love that part of them will be in the day.

Your hair will be gorgeous and I love the comb!

Your OHs auntie sounds very over-bearing! I dread to think what she will be like when her daughters get married! Just remember that it is your wedding day, so all the decisions are down to you and your OH. She can recommend whoever she wants but at the end of the day it's up to you.

Oh wow. You know my experience with interferring meddling people :lol: I think you need to tell her that if she wants X to do the makeup and Y to do the hair then she gets them done at their house before they come to the venue. Just tell her it'll be crowded enough anyway without adding two more people to the mix. Failing that, tell her to take a running jump? Lol

I want to see your flower girl dresses. They came really quick too :thumbup:

That hairstyle you've chosen is lovely too. I think I remember you saying you were having it that way a few pages back. And the comb will sit with it beautifully :)

That's quite a bargain on the flowers too. And surprise money is always handy :thumbup: How did you go about it? Do you just walk in to a florist and let them show you some ideas or what? I know you took your flower board in but I have no idea what I want. And did you make an appointment? I was thinking of just walking in somewhere. Lol

Rubbish pictures sorry but here are the flower girl dresses :)

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121118_112958.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/20121118_113009.jpg​

Well I've said to the bridesmaids that ill be staying at the hotel the night before and then getting ready there and it's up to them if they stay or just come up on the morning, so if they are going to stay then they have to do what I've sorted but if they aren't then they can get their make up done wherever! The hair thing though, I want it done in a certain way with the straightners, SIL always does hers and it looks lovely, they've had their hair done at a hair dressers before and it's more curly like with tongs which isn't the look I'm going for!

I emailed them and they said to come in and that they deal with brides at 2pm on Saturdays so they can give their full attention so I rang and made an appointment, they were lovely and asked my questions and showed me bits, they were happy to listen to what I said and also put in their own opinions! I went to 2 other florists in the early days, just walked in to speak to them and they were not helpful at all, they wanted to know exactly what I wanted, the exact colours etc! So I think it depends on where you go, you could always give them a ring and say is it okay for you to just pop in and get some ideas! I'd really recommend having a look in some magazines, I didn't think I knew what I wanted, I thought I didn't really care until I sat down one day and just cut out what I liked and they all seemed to be the same kind of thing/style!

Aww they are lovely!! I can't believe how little you paid for them too considering you can get similar dresses in Debenhams for £40+
Are you pleased with them? x

Thank you. I think I'll have to get some cut outs together. I've it a rough idea of what I like, I just don't know how to translate it into bouquets etc
As for bridesmaids hair, can't you tell their mum that if they have it done by someone different then they are gonna stand out and look silly? I'm sure the thought of them looking silly will put her off going with someone different :thumbup:

I know, I am so pleased with them! Wasn't really expecting much and had pretty much said they'd be getting sent back before they even came as I didn't think they would look any good but I was so so shocked!
Ohh if you go somewhere good like I did yesterday they know exactly what you are on about! It was the one thing I really couldn't be bothered to do and didnt want to sort but now I'm really excited about them and they were so lovely and helpful and really down to earth!!

Yea I could do that couldn't I! I think we have to go back to the venue next month so I might book my room then, so I could text and ask for a final answer if they'd be staying the night before with me or not, then I can figure out what to say make up and hair wise, if they aren't staying they can have their make up done before they come! I might mention it to MIL to as its her sister, but she's known as a snob etc and MIL is very chilled and doesn't mind saying what she thinks so I might get her to say back off :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->