Lazer Hair removal

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
Have any of you had this done? do you like it? Is it painful? Do you know if you can have this done if you are pregnant? I am seriously considering getting this done...

my moms had it done on her legs and it was really good, told she couldn't have her arms done because the hair there was too fair. it doesn't work on light hair and u have to have loads of sessions!

I would love love love to have this done, but it's so expensive and I was told you have to have it done again and again, and that it only lasts between 1-3 months. This can't be true at such high prices, can it??

You should try epilating. Its loads cheaper than waxing, and after a while the hairs give up trying to grow. I haven't had to shave my legs or underarms for about a year!

Ouch! How do you epilate your underarms?? I do my legs but it's not the most comfortable thing! I must admit I have less regrowth, but I do get ingrowing hairs, even with proper exfoliating. Honestly - who'd be a girl! Boys don't even know easy they have it!! ;)

I had my legs lazered. It was nice, because the hair went away for several weeks but then it grows right back. You have to have about 4/5 treatments for it to be permanent. It felt kind of like a rubber band being slapped against me. Not that painful, except right in that area when the legs end and the bum begins - ooooooh that hurt!! I have a very high threshold for pain too. Had my first brazilian and didn't flinch.

I have had my bikini line, underarms and legs done, but like someone else said, you need to pay for a course really for it to work perm/semi perm. I have had a number of sessions under my arms and now have a couple of hairs there and it has been over a year since I had my last session. I would really recommend it. Some lasers do work on lighter hair, but the nurses say that it works best on dark hair and light skin and the results become less the darker your skin and the lighter your hairs (if that makes sense).
Any way... it is great, but can be expensive.

thanks. I am going for a consult today. If you can finance it over time, I'm all over it. I hope you can still do it if you get PG as I plan on very soon!

Oooh good luck! Interesting to read what others have said who have had it done. Let us know how you get on x

im quite interested about this - is it all non facial? i'm fairly dark skinned.. well olive skinned and i have to pluck my silly ladymoustache!!!xxx

I would love to get it done, especially on my legs. But it's so expensive.

I would love love LOVE to get this done, but like the others it comes down to cost.

Unfortunately god gifted me with milky white skin and dark hair head to toe, so when I let it all grow out I look like the gorilla man. (OH likes to hint when its time to trim with "time to call in the lumberjack in hunny")

I would love to get laser stuff done before TTC since I don't want to have to rope OH in to shave my lady bits when I have a baby bump, some things should just be kept private.. and the idea of the nurse going "ooo baby has loads of hair.. oh no wait.. you just have dreadlocks for pubes.." doesn't appeal..

(just had an image of scary movie when she pulls her pants off, and bats fly out :rofl:)

and the idea of the nurse going "ooo baby has loads of hair.. oh no wait.. you just have dreadlocks for pubes.." doesn't appeal..

(just had an image of scary movie when she pulls her pants off, and bats fly out :rofl:)

:rofl: :rofl:

I've just had my last treatment of a course of six on and under my chin (yes you read that correctly). It was getting worse and I got tested for my hormone levels and PCOS but both came back negative. Just one of those unfortunate hairy birds :(

It's been 100% successful and I'm game on for more - not cheap but worth every penny. I'm going to have my forearms done next because I'm waxing them at the moment and I've had enough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->