• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

Thanks hun! They were going well until I hit a stumbling block this morning regarding the registrar but think its all sorted now! I bought the first of the BM dresses at the weekend, my MOH tried it on and I loved it, she looked amazing in it lol! I am hoping the blue really stands out in the photos!

Yeah we were lucky with the stationary, to be honest if we were paying we probably wouldn't have gotten so much! I ordered a few samples off vista though first and they were really nice and reasonable priced too, I think a few of the ladies on here have used them!

I am officially stalking your thread, I have been looking for someone else getting married next year! All the 2011 brides make me super jealous!

x

So it's not just me who's jealous of the 2011 brides lol, I've got ages to wait :rofl:

The bridesmaid dress that you've chosen is absolutely stunning, I really do think the blue will stand out like you want it to hun :thumbup:

Haha us 2012 brides will have to stick together!

I'll have a look at vistaprint :p but I've got the exact design in my head and once I'm set to something, thats it lol so I'll probably just make them myself! :p

Ooh what was the trouble with the registrar? Glad it's sorted though! Your wedding venue looks amazing :thumbup:

xxx

EDIT - I'm stalking yours too! :haha:

Thanks Emmy - we booked ours a year ago too so I am a 2 year wait kinda bride too lol! I am stalking your thread too, you are more organised than me and I started planning last year! I have kicked my own ass at the weekend though and woke up today with my wedding to do list and I am actually ticking things off now :happydance:

The registrar drama was all my own fault. We didn't realise how much notice you have to give to book a registrar to come out to your venue (Emmy - take note lol) and I called up this morning to book, only to be told there wasn't one available at 1pm on the day of our wedding :cry: They did however have one at 3.30pm or 11am and after much deliberation with OH, my mum and MIL we have decided to go with 11am. Luckily, our lovely venue have been really helpful and managed to re-jig our schedule for the day! Crisis averted!!

x

Ah that was really nice of them! I'm hoping that we can get married in the church we want so we don't have to book a registrar! hehe

Do you still have to 'give notice' etc if you get married in a church....tbh I'm not really sure what it all means! :dohh:

Yeah we are really lucky they were so nice!

Um I think you have to give notice a few weeks before for a catholic church wedding but I may be wrong (I usually am). My understanding (and again, probs wrong) is that giving notice means you are declaring that you intend to marry and are giving anyone the opportunity to object!

x

ETA: I am not 'entirely' wrong lol

https://www.our-wedding-plans.co.uk/notice_of_intention_to_marry.htm

x

How much notice do you need to give for a registrar hun? Our offices apparently only take bookings up to 12 months in advance :wacko:

Well ours said they take bookings 15 months in advance and our wedding is still 13 months away and they are booked :-(

I would suggest calling them as soon as your wedding is 12 months away, I have had a stressful morning! The woman at the register office was pretty rude at first, she told me we should not have booked our wedding before securing an appointment with a regsitrar!!

x

it's completely confusing me because we're marrying in a different district to where we want to give notice :dohh:

Ahhhh I see. I'll ask the priest for more details on Friday when I see him!

I hate it when people are rude on the phone (I am on the phone a lot at work and manners don't cost anything!). At least it's all sorted now :)

I just wish Matt would help me set a date! All I know is it's going to be september sometime haha probably the 15th or the 22nd :)

Nope, she was a bit of a :witch: lol!

I have had to rearrange a few things and luckily the invites havent been printed yet so it hasn't incurred any extra expense (thank god).

I am looking for ideas for our cake, I love the little personalised cake toppers you can get on eBay, I just need a cake to put it on..........

x

So are we Emmy!

Here is what we have to do:

Book the registrar from the district where you are marrying (they perform the ceremony) but you then book an appointment at the registry office/town hall or whatever its called in the district where you LIVE and thats where you give notice, they will then send all your info to the registrar in the district where you are getting married! Does that make sense??

The 12 months rule is with regards to the marriage license, they are only valid for 1 year so you cannot see the registrar in the district where you live until 12 months before the wedding but you can book a registrar to perform the ceremony before that! See, this morning I was clueless and now here I am passing on my wealth of knowledge (if you could call it that)

x

My friends mum is doing my cake and flowers as she is amazing at them :) She has said she won't charge me anything, I just need to buy the yellow flowers (she has loads of cream ones already) and the cake ingredients! She made her son and daughters wedding cakes and they were amazing! xxx

Yeah she was a bit of a biatch but when I called back to book, I got a different girl and she was much nicer! I suppose they see it as 'breaking the rules' so she spoke to me like a naughty school girl! Hey-ho whatever makes her feel good eh!

I love the idea of getting married in a church, its so romantic! OH and I are "technically" catholic but neither of us are really practising catholics so we decided to have a civil ceremony instead, its made it a little easier as it means everything is in once place lol! We aren't allowed any religious readings or hymns though which sucks a lil bit! I have found a few alternative readings I like instead and we have been talking about music too!

x

Ahhhhh so should I be able to make a precautionary booking, like they pencil me in, but it could be subject to change depending on the notice?

I think you can change the booking with the registrar in the first instance but once you go see the registrar in your own district to aopply for your marriage license etc, you have to give a definite date. If you change I think you have to reapply but I am not 100% sure. Its probably best to do it all when you have your date set really but to book a registrar as soon as they will allow you to!

x

I've sent an e-mail to the registrar of the district where we want to marry to see if they can give me some more info :thumbup: Hope I get a quick reply :)

Thanks for all the info and advice hun, it's very much appreciated :flower:

You're welcome, I just hope its right lol! It gets so complicated my head starts to hurt!! Let me know how you get on!

x

My aunty is making our cakem but if she wasnt, I think we'd go for a M&S cake, they make some lovely ones.

These ones would go nice with a personalised topper,

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Whi...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Tie...r_1_25&nodeId=80083031&sr=1-25&qid=1305572278

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Mar...r_1_13&nodeId=80083031&sr=1-13&qid=1305572320

Or you could add your own ribbon, flowers and topper to this one:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Mar...=sr_1_1&nodeId=80083031&sr=1-1&qid=1305572388

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"