• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

I love the 3rd one, it looks so chocolatey and delicious lol!!

Do you think they will still have the same designs in this time next year?

x

I shouldnt see why not.

I think people nowadays look for cheaper ways to afford weddings instead of paying the high prices cake shops charge (ask for something similar for a birthday, ands its so much cheaper) so these things should remain popular.

:flower:

Yep its like you put the word 'wedding' in front of anything and the price doubles!

Good old M&S!

x

Were getting our buffet from there, it all looks so yummy, I cant wait to taste it all.

xXx

All their food looks so good doesn't it? What kind of things are you having on your buffet?

x

All their food looks so good doesn't it? What kind of things are you having on your buffet?

x

This is what we are having:

Sandwiches:

* British roast chicken salad
* British chicken and bacon
* British smoked ham salad
* British roast beef and mustard sandwiches
* Mini rolls filled with British smoked ham and free-range egg mayonnaise
* British bacon, lettuce and tomato mini rolls
* Prawns mayonnaise
* Free-range egg and watercress
* British smoked ham and mustard
* Cheese and onion

Mini Wraps:

* Chicken Caesar
* Mexican three bean
* Hoisin duck
* Chilli prawn
* Beef enchilada

Meats:

* Sliced stuffed (with chargrilled vegetables) chicken breast marinated in tomato and basil
* Sweet chilli and lime + Fresh coriander and lime chunks of chicken breast
* Roast chicken drunmsticks
* Slices of Roast topside of beef, Breaded ham and Wiltshire ham
* Indian style chicken kebabs

Picky bits:

* Crudite selection, consisting of: celery, cucumber, cauliflower, carrots and tomatoes with a sour cream and chive dip
* Mini cheese and tomato fritattas
* Spanish style rice and chorizo
* Mini pork pies
* Cocktail sausages
* Mini sausage rolls
* Mini scotch eggs
* Mini cheese and chive quiches
* Salad
* Cheese and pineapple on sticks
* Cheese and pickeled onion on sticks
* Cheese and baby tomatos on sticks
* Crisps
* Coleslaw

Desserts:

* Selection of gattuex
* Fresh fruit salad

I cant wait to tuck in. :haha:

And how much did all of that cost hun! It all sounds amazing! xx

And how much did all of that cost hun! It all sounds amazing! xx

This is food for about 80 people, although I think it would cater for more, and is costing £453.

I can send you a messge of how much exactly we are getting of each if you want? Doing it this way gives us more variety of food then what we could have done. (E.g. Sandwiches were something we werent going to do, because of trying to keep them fresh, however, M&S serve their sandwiches on a try with a plastic lid on top!)

Ooh yeah please hun that would be great!

Thats a really good price! x

Wow that all sounds yum!! I'm really hungry now! Such a bargain too!!

X

LOL I'm actually thinking of cancelling the evening buffet by the hotel and getting Shabutie's one!! Sounds gorgeous, loads of variety and a great price too :thumbup:

Shabutie hun, I'm trying to find where you got your menu from on the M&S webby but cant find it? :dohh: I really would like to look into getting a similar buffet for our wedding and we have around the same amount of people coming so it would save us a fortune!
At the hotel, their buffet menu is a little boring and costs a fair bit too - It starts at £11.95 per head and that's only 6 items off their A La Carte menu! I'm a bit worried that the buffet is going to be really boring and limited lol!

on the MnS website, they're all listed separately so you can order as much or as little of different foods as you like! :) x

Brilliant, thanks hun :) The only problem is having to go and pick it up on the day ... not sure how we're going to work that one!

Could you not delegate that task to someone that isn't coming to the day part of the wedding? For my food, my friends mum and sister, are going to sort the buffet out and everything for when we arrive back there, as they aren't going to be at the ceremony but they'll be there in the evening? xx

Good idea, thanks hun :thumbup: I need to speak to the hotel manager first tho to make sure it's ok to bring in outside catering :blush:

Sorry to hijack the thread! I'm done now :haha:

Shabutie hun, I'm trying to find where you got your menu from on the M&S webby but cant find it? :dohh: I really would like to look into getting a similar buffet for our wedding and we have around the same amount of people coming so it would save us a fortune!
At the hotel, their buffet menu is a little boring and costs a fair bit too - It starts at £11.95 per head and that's only 6 items off their A La Carte menu! I'm a bit worried that the buffet is going to be really boring and limited lol!

Hey hun, yes it is all on their website separetly, and you pick what you fancy. Most of it is pre cooked, but some you have to cook yourself, so avoid that. Everything on my menu is pre cooked.

I also must add that the coleslaw, cheese and whatevers on sticks, and crisps are all homemade/asda. And the gatuex will be from iceland.

You can get them to deliver it, but I think this has a small charge.

Here is the link to it:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Foo...odtoOrderFood&kwid=snthWN0zB|pcrid|5489874985

At the side there is a section which says collect in 5 days, look at all of them. I shall be ordering my food next month as you can pick what date you want to collect it/have it delivered, as well as a time slot.

Ooo you can have it delivered? That would be ideal :thumbup: I could get them to deliver to the hotel on the day of the wedding! That's if the hotel allow outside catering!

Thanks again hun for the tips and help :hugs:

Is it wrong that I wanna order an M&S buffet just to sit at home and eat it all lol. It sounds fab!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"