Leash and Liam's Big Day

leash27

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I have been on B&B for almost a year and never knew there was a section for us brides to be :dohh:

So, have decided to jump right in and get involved with my own little Wedding Journal. Here goes......

Liam and I have been together for 2 and a half years and he popped the question last January on a trip to Rome. It was in the evening in front of the Trevi Fountain when it is all lit up - very beautiful and romantic :winkwink:

I started planning the wedding almost straight away and wanted to do it this year but my BFP last May threw a spanner in the works so to speak. We weren't TTC and I was on the pill (who doesn't miss a few here and there lol) so it was a massive shock and we had to put the wedding on hold.

So now Max is here and we also have a date - 16th June 2012 which is also my 29th birthday! I did want to be 28 when I got married (it just sounds so much younger than 29) but the 16th was the first Saturday available in June and I really wanted a June wedding!

We are getting married here:

www.leasowecastle.com

The wedding/reception is all at the same venue and they also do the catering and venue dressing too which makes things easy to organise but this is as far as I have got :wacko:

Any ideas on what else I should be getting round to doing in the near future? I feel like there is things I should be doing lol. I am putting my dress shopping on hold as I am trying to lose my baby weight first.

x

Attachments

• leasowe3.jpg
    leasowe3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4
  • leasowe2.jpg
    leasowe2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
  • leasowe1.jpg
    leasowe1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2
Sounds great so far!!! You can start figuring out your theme (if having one) and colours... research invitations, do you want to make them or order them? Happy planning!

I dont know if we are going to have a theme as such but the colour scheme is royal blue and white. Oh and we have chosen the flowers too, we are having calla lilies in the bouquets and for the centre pieces. Wow, I have decided more than I thought lol.

Still unsure on the invites, wedding stationary is super expensive but neither of us are very creative so I dread to think what they may look like if we made them.

x

You are in the UK? Some of the ladies have had great success with Vistaprint for invites... that I've seen at least. I'm sure they will be much more help for you than me I'm afraid.

:hugs:

Ebay is a great place for stuff like wedding invites.

We got ours for £30 for 50 invites, that included envelopes and the invites were a gatefold design with a ribbon.. very pretty. You could choose the writing font, the wording, where to have the wording, little images to insert and colours too. The man who made them was lovely too, he'd email us a copy of the invite to make sure we were happy with them before he printed them all out :thumbup:
Here's a link to his Ebay Shop if you wanted to check it out :)
https://myworld.ebay.co.uk/yorkshireroseinvites/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Quick wedding update from the future Mrs McKee :happydance:

We have managed to choose and order ALL of our wedding stationary for ....FREE!! OH works for a big company who source work out to printing firms etc and they showed us their wedding catalogue. We have chosen these ...

https://www.bhs-weddingstationery.co.uk/index.php?view=product&wpath=2&path=12_243&id=2173

They don't match our colour scheme though so they are going to change the purple to royal blue. I love them because they are quirky and fun and OH liked them straight away - its always a good sign when we agree lol. So, they are printing all of our day/evening invites, place settings, menus, thank you cards and save the dates all for zilch. I am sooo happy as it frees up some of our budget to spend elsewhere!

We have also contacted a photographer we really like and are hoping to meet with him in the next couple of weeks. I have to say, I had no idea how expensive photographers are!! I am considering a career change hehe!!

My next hurdle is the bridesmaid dresses, I am having major trouble finding the right colour dresses (see my thread begging for help). Who knew that royal blue just wasnt weddingy enough eh?

x

Love the sound of your colour scheme and your venue looks amazing :D

Can't wait to see your plans coming together :thumbup:

You will be getting married the weekend of my first wedding anniversary. Look forward to watching your plans come togethr xx

16th June 2012 is my OH's 30th Birthday :lol:

My sister in law had some amazing bridesmaid dresses [Chelsea colours ;) ] she got them from the bridal salon :thumbup:

I didn't see your BM dress thread! Will go search for it when I'm done posting here. YAY YAY YAY for having free invites! How amazing is that??? Just goes to show things are meant to be!!! :cloud9:

You will be getting married the weekend of my first wedding anniversary. Look forward to watching your plans come togethr xx

Ah so I know when its your wedding day, I only have a year to go :happydance: We booked ours on thee 16th June last year too!!

x

16th June 2012 is my OH's 30th Birthday :lol:

My sister in law had some amazing bridesmaid dresses [Chelsea colours ;) ] she got them from the bridal salon :thumbup:

Thanks hun!! :flower:

I am going to put that on my list of places to check out, I am so grateful for B&B lol!!

X

I didn't see your BM dress thread! Will go search for it when I'm done posting here. YAY YAY YAY for having free invites! How amazing is that??? Just goes to show things are meant to be!!! :cloud9:

I know, its fasb isnt it? Common sense should tell me that the money we have saved will help with the budget but I am torn between common sense and the desire to choose a bigger cake instead hehe!!

x

Major wedding plans are coming together over the last week, its making me wish it was this June instead of next now.

We have finally agreed on a budget which I have been told I MUST stick to no matter what:dohh: We intend on planning to pay fror the entire wedding ourselves so I am trying to be thrifty but without compromising on what we want. Mine and OH's parents have both offered to contribute financially but I would rather not rely upon it, if they do give us anything it will be a bonus :thumbup: Although we know for sure that my mum is paying for our honeymoon to Las Vegas :happydance:

So far I have:

Venue: Booked and deposit paid (this includes ceremony, wedding breakfast, evening reception and all venue dressing eg centre pieces, chair covers etc) www.leasowecastle.com

Stationary: All ordered and FREE!! We are changing the purple to royal blue
https://www.bhs-weddingstationery.co.uk/index.php?view=category&path=12_243&wpath=

Bridesmaid Dresses:We are having 4 bridesmaids, my sister, OH's niece and my two best friends
https://www.monsoon.co.uk/all-dress...bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,wommaxidress

Flowers
: I know I definitely want Calla Lilies and we have already ordered these for centre pieces and I am currently looking for brides/bridesmaid bouquets

Photographer
: We are meeting with him tomorrow to discuss what package we want and style of pics etc (super excited)

Entertainment: The venue includes a DJ but I am looking for a wedding singer for the earlier part of the evening (suggestions welcome)

Wedding Favours: Also jumping on the sweetie wagon :winkwink: We are having blue and white striped bags (our colour scheme) with personalised labels to stick them down, the labels say 'Mr&Mrs McKee, 16th June 2012' and they have a little pic of a bride and groom on. We are putting lots of sweeties in like parma violets, refreshers, popping candy etc etc

Rings
: I have looked at some and provisionally chosen the style that I want but not ready to commit to a choice yet :wacko:

Cake: Cannot decide!!! I love some of the M&S ones though.

Dress: Still got a ton of baby blubber to shift before I even look :cry:

I think thats all so far. I am a financial worrier in case you haven't gathered so I figure the sooner I choose everything the sooner we can PAY hehe!!

I looked online for you hun, and I couldnt really find anything similar to where I got mine from. Sorry hun.

:flower:

Las Vegas! Have fun! We're going there in October for the last of the weddings this year (we have 5 weddings, including our own). I'll make sure to let you know of some awesome spots should I come across them!

:happydance:

Thanks Tiff! I have never been to the USA so I am super excited! Been looking at hotels ands I really want to stay at the Bellagio but its soooo expensive!

x

The Bellagio is pretty awesome. I don't think we're staying there when we go, but I think our dinner will be there. The guy out of the couple that's getting married there is my hair stylist, I was there last night with the start of my shine treatments for my wedding day hair and he was still talking about it. However they haven't found good deals yet. So we might not. Either way I plan to roam around in there for sure!

Have you never been to The States or North America in general? :)

Nope never been to the states ever so I am v excited! At first we were planning a beach honeymoon but the more I thought about it the more I wanted something a bit more exciting and memorable! I have been looking online and there are some good deals, I am just wondering if its cheaper to book flights and hotel separate or book a package! My mum has kindly offered to pay for our honeymoon but I don't want to hit her with a whopping bill lol!

x

Sounds like all of your plans are coming together nicely hun!

love the maxi bridesmaid dress! I can't believe you got all of your wedding stationary for free! That's amazing :D I have a design in mind for mine, and I plan on making them as I love all things crafty :p

I've been to vegas and it was great - you'll really enjoy yourselves :) I stayed in the New York New York and it was just so surreal! loved every minute :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->