Leash and Liam's Big Day

It can get pricey if you don't set yourself limits. I had to prioritize what was the most important to me and go from there. For me it was my dress, the limo to the venue and the lumies for the table numbers.

Once I had those things then it was a matter of saving up for new things and then buying them. I also had to start really evaluating the stuff. Did I really need it? Would it be something that I looked back on and had a pit in my stomach for not doing? There are so many gorgeous things out there, it was far too easy for me to get swept up in all of it.

:hugs:

Thats so true Tiff! I have sort of set out rough limits but I keep going slightly over and they are all starting to add up. My dress was one of the most important things to me and although I wanted to keep it under £1000, Liam had said that if I fall in love with a dress thats more than that then we will find the money somewhere. I have ended up falling for a dress thats £1175 (luckily she gave me 10% off too) so I feel like I have splurged there and I should maybe try and save on other things not to make up for it.

There really are so many beautiful things and although I want them all, I suppose deep down I know I don't need them to make my day special or anything. I think maybe I will put them at the bottom of my list and if we can afford them then great and if not then I will have to look for an alternative. I keep having to remind myself thats its just one day and we have spent so much money already.

x

I won a perfume from them a few weeks back so it's gotta be worth a try :winkwink:

That's not too much over budget on the dress, but I do see where you're coming from on the saving on other bits though. Tiara and veil, if you have a look on ebay it could very well bring up something fab and for a fraction of the price :D

No its not massively over but then I remember I have spent almost £700 on BM dresses when the original budget was actually £500 and was supposed to include shoes. Needless to say, I still have to buy BM shoes too lol.

BUT........I have managed to finally tick the one box that has been stressing me out for soooo long!! I *think* I have a photographer :yipee: I spent most of my day in work narrowing some down and then emailed a few yesterday afternoon to enquire. I thought with leaving it so close to the wedding - yes I know its still 8 months but in wedding terms thats nothing is it - well I was worried we would end up having to settle for one rather than being able to find one we love. Then Steve phoned me (yes, Steve is THE photographer), his photograhs are amazing, I really love them AND he has done a wedding at my venue this year so he knows his way around so to speak. Anyways, he has our date free and we have looked at which package we want etc and now we are trying to arrange a day to go and see him to finalise things and pay a deposit - eeeeek!! I am so happy we have finally chosen - I have been trying to sort this out for months as some of you know lol.

Soooo, for those of you who want to check out Steve his website is www.naturaltouchphotography.com

x

:yipee: that's fantastic news hun, really chuffed :D

his piccies are fab :happydance:

Great news hun. Just had a sneaky peeks and his photos are really good :) :) xxx

Aw I love his pictures :) They're really fun looking aren't they! Woo! :wohoo: x

Lovely pics on his site hun!!! They're going to look amazing!!! :happydance:

Wow my poor journal has been neglected for like 3 weeks! I am such a bad bride lol! Luckily, I actually have some things worth updating though so maybe my absence has been productive! :thumbup:

Two major items have been ticked off the list this week. First one is makeup :happydance: I went to a wedding fayre at our venue yesterday with my MOH and another friend of mine, we got chatting to one of the makeup artists and she was so nice. Looked through her portfolio and her work is beautiful, she had done makeup for red carpet events for soap stars from Corrie/Hollyoaks etc too. I discussed my 11am wedding and she said thats not a problem, she will be banging my door down for breakfast :winkwink: Here are her websites (she has 2, the first one is new).

www.shimmerandshinemakeup.co.uk
www.suehazlehurst.co.uk

The prices quoted on her new website are a little higher than what was on the leaflet she gave me yesterday so I emailed her and she said she will honour the prices she quoted yesterday as she is waiting for her new leaflets to arrive. I am so relieved I have found someone as I was worried about how early our wedding is and getting everything done. Sue has also said she can recommend some mobile hairdressers too which is great!!

The second big thing is the cake. I have been backwards and forwards really with deciding how bothered I am about the cake and how much I wanted to spend. I was looking at cakes at the wedding fayre yesterday and talking to my friends about it. One of them got married a couple of years ago and she made her own cake, it was like a white chocolate truffle tower with a cake on the top and it was beautiful. So she said if I am trying to cut costs then she would love to make something similar for me and all I have to pay for is the ingredients (about £120) and she still has the stand etc to put it all on. So I said YES!!!! We are going to change a couple of things so that its not identical to hers but I am so happy!!

Here is her cake.....

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4
  • cake1.jpg
    cake1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2
:wohoo: that's brilliant hun, the makeup artist is fab and that cake looks so yummy, that's so nice of your friend to offer to make it for you :D

Great news about the makeup artist. I have a friend doing mine as she is studying make up at Uni but i'm really debating whether to go for a professional. How much is she if you don't mind me asking.

Cake is lovely hun and if she can do it for £120 then that will save you loads :) xxx

Yep the cake is delicious and the best part is that instead of cutting a cake into slices, we are going to get some nice little bags and put a few truffles in a bag for each guest! I am so grateful she has offered to do it!

The other thing I forgot is that I have been working on our wedding website for about a month, its not finished yet so I havent told any of our guests about it but its here...

www.aliciaandliam.gettingmarried.co.uk

x

Great news about the makeup artist. I have a friend doing mine as she is studying make up at Uni but i'm really debating whether to go for a professional. How much is she if you don't mind me asking.

Cake is lovely hun and if she can do it for £120 then that will save you loads :) xxx

Of course I dont mind. Here are the prices she quoted me

Bride Trial - £35
Bride - £60
Bridesmaids - £35
Mother of Bride/Groom - £35
Younger Bridesmaids (Under 16) - £20
Flower Girls - No Charge

I was planning to book an artist from MAC who did my friends wedding but she charges £120 for the bride plus £25 for a trial and then £60 each for BM's. I just couldn't justify spending so much :wacko:

x

Love the wedding website hun - you are so pretty (sorry if that sounds weird) :D

Aww i love it thats ace!! I'm too lazy to create one of those lol xxx

What products does she use?

I'm really concerned about using my friend because i'm not sure what she uses and i have really really greasy skin so don't want to be shiny 30 mins after having my make up put on :shrug: xxx

Love the wedding website hun - you are so pretty (sorry if that sounds weird) :D

Lol, thanks Emmy. If only you could see me now, slobbed out in my pjs looking like hell. The picture on the main page was when I was MOH last year and the makeup was done by the girl from MAC.

x

:rofl: definitely not hun, you're just really pretty in general and you have amazing eyes.

I'm not even out of bed yet :dohh:

She uses MAC, Chanel, Dior and Artdeco.

Has your friend done bridal makeup before? Maybe have a trial with her and see how the makeup lasts? I know one of my friends had someone she knew do her wedding makeup and it saved a fortune but the makeup did need touching up for the evening. Luckily, the friend who had done her makeup was also a guest at the wedding and she brought her kit with her to the reception lol.

x

:rofl: definitely not hun, you're just really pretty in general and you have amazing eyes.

I'm not even out of bed yet :dohh:

I am only up because Max insisted lol. Makeup is a wonderful invention Emmy, those are MAC false lashes :haha:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->