Leash and Liam's Big Day

sounding good hun :happydance: won't be long and you won't have anything left to do :D

I dont think I realised how much I had got done until I did that list! Go me lol!!

x

:wohoo: It feels good to be organized, doesn't it?

It really does Tiff. The rate we are going we should have everything paid for just after Christmas! :thumbup: I get my annual bonus from work in Feb and its looking pretty healthy this year so that should cover anything we have left by then!! I am such a financial worry wart so it will really help my stress levels if I am not worrying about still paying for things in the weeks leading up to the wedding!

The shoes search is not going well, I have found a few pairs that I love don't get me wrong, they are just far too high! Here are a few pretty ones I have come across so far....

I really like the third pair beacuse they have a vintage type feel to them and my dress has the same kind of lace type style on the bodice so they would go really nice together.

What do we think?

x

Attachments

• pretty.jpg
    pretty.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
  • pretty 2.jpg
    pretty 2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1
  • pretty3.jpg
    pretty3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
Also, I am still not sure about the whole veil/no veil situation! I thought I didn't want one but I tried one on that was just elbow length with a beautiful lace trim and I really liked it. The problem is, its £120 and I am pretty certain that after like an hour of it flapping round my arms I will probably take it off!

BUT, I have come across this gorgeous vintage headband that I am thinking may be enough on its own, without a veil and the right kind of hair style!

The website is https://www.jobarnesvintage.com/Vintage-Inspired-Headbands.html and the one I love is Cassie.

x

the shoes and headband are stunning :cloud9:

here's some more shoe links, the only thing is they aren't anywhere near as stunning as the ones in the 3rd pic

DYEABLE: Ivory handcrafted round toe wedding shoes available in either 3 inch or 4 inch stiletto heels.

Ivory hand beaded embroidered tulle vintage shoes with Heels 6.25 cm = 2.46 inch approx.

Rainbow Couture: Ivory silk satin shoes with hand embroidered flowers, pearls & crystals. Heels 6.25 cm = 2.5 inch.

If you have a style of veil you like and have already tried on, there are plenty of Ebay shops that sell veils identical to the ones in the salons for a fraction of the price! Cathedral length veils run up to nearly $200-$300 in the salons, I bought mine off Etsy for $60. :)

Love the hair piece too! You can do both you know, if the price is right. I wanted a head piece as I knew I wouldn't be keeping my veil on all night with the length and still wanted some bling. :haha:

I like the third link to the shoes you posted Emmy, they are v pretty!

Thanks Tiff, I have had a little look online to see if I can find it cheaper, the trouble is I am such a fuss pot and I like to see things first, like physically touch them (not in a creepy way). I do love the headband though, my problem will be convncing Liam that £400 for a headband and shoes is a good thing lol!

x

yes but when he sets eyes on you it will all be worth it :winkwink:

I agree! Or (again) now that you have something in your mind try searching out cheaper places for it. Its amazing how many deals you can find if you dig far enough!

:mrgreen:

Yep I agree on the deals! :)

Love love the first piccie of the shoes, where are they from? xx

Yep I think I need to dedicate a morning or an afternoon to searching for all the things I want at half the cost lol! I must try and check eBay more often too because I am so impatient, if I look for something once and I can't find it I never bother to look again which is silly really since people add things all the time.

The first pic are Benjamins Adams shoes and they are called Charlize - they are about £200 I think! Hefty price but the way I see it is that they are definitely shoes that I would wear after the wedding like on a night out etc so they would be more of an investment. (Thats my story and I am sticking to it)

x

:rofl: is there anyway you could save for the veil and tiara separately?

I probably could if it weren't for Liams birthday next month, Christmas and then Max's 1st birthday in January. It will make it difficult to put anything away really. Suppose I could use my bonus in Feb but I don't want to wait that long lol!!

I will speak to OH tonight and discuss some kind of 'arrangement' :winkwink:

x

saw this link and thought of you :yipee:

https://www.bridesmagazine.co.uk/competitions/list/win-a-month-of-shoes

Love the shoes and the headband :D If you have everything paid for by christmas (wedding related) could you work out a savings plan to save for them separately? xx

Thanks Emmy, I am going to enter that - maybe I will have some bridey luck lol!

Yeah I probably can save for them to be honest. I think deep down I just feel guilty at how much money we have spent/are spending and a lot of it will be going on my dress, the BM dresses, hair and make-up etc so adding on another £400 for shoes and headband seems a lot iykwim?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"