Leaving Pierre with a babysitter.

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
OH and I are hopefully going out for a meal on Monday and leaving Pierre with someone who works for us.

I'm really nervous!! She's 18 and has plenty of babysitting experience + she looked after her baby brother. I'm sure she'll be fine but I can't stop thinking of terrible things which could go wrong.

Unfortunatly there is nobody else who can do it.

Is it normal to worry so much?

Also how much do you pay someone for babysitting?

My stomach was turning when her Nanny looked after her not because I didn't trust her was just odd!

You have to feel comfy with the person, have you mobile where you will hear it but leave it alone (don't check it when theres no sound - no sound = all well lol) ...

Are you out for long? No idea about how much to pay her maybe you could ask her?

Completely normal to worry, but he'll be fine!! I've left Sam with my mum and sister while I was working for a day, and I couldn't stop thinking about him - it wasn't that I didn't trust them with him, but I think I was more worried that something would happen and I wouldn't be there for him. Apparently he had lots of fun and was smiling all day though! Just try to remember that he'll be fine, so you can actually enjoy your meal!

I have no idea how much you should pay a babysitter though, sorry

Thanks. I've seen her with him before and she's great with him.

I went to Next on Saturday to get some babygrows and as soon as I got there I was worrying and had to call to check on her. :blush:

My brother gives my sister £20 a night for babysitting, but like Wobbles said, I think you should ask her.

My mam and dad looked after Seth last week when me and Matt went out for our anniversary and I was bricking it. We only went across the road for a couple of hours but it was the scariest thing ever.

Im sure everything will be fine but its totally normal to worry!

xxx

Absolutely normal to feel how you feel!!!! So far I haven't had to hire a baby sitter for Josh as my mom comes every weekend to babysit him on the friday night so we can go out & things.

Even though it's my mom, I still call 20 times and I'm constantly thinking of him & of the things that can happen! :dohh:

Good luck hun :hugs: Enjoy your night out, if feels really good. xx

Very normal to feel that way. I went back to work for four hours a day and the first day I called three times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->