• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Length of wrap needed...help?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I'm keen to try a wrap with Sophie. I love my kinderpack, but I am under 5 feet tall and it never sits quite right on us. My shoulders need to br another couple of inches taller!

I thought a wrap would mould itself to my and her body better. I have no idea what length to get though because I am very overweight. I'm also losing weight every week though so don't want to get the longest one out and find it's too long in a few months. I'm down about 60lbs in 4 months so far.

Also, what brands are nice and supportive for a toddler? She weighs 14.1kg. Sorry not sure what that is in pounds off the top of my head.

Here is a useful link!

https://www.wrapyourbaby.com/wovenwraplength.html

A 4.1 or 4.2 meter woven wrap is often called a size 5. This is the SMALL full length wrap, the best size for petite mamas who are wanting to do the full range of wrapping. You don't have to be petite to enjoy this size. If you find yourself preferring shorter carries that are still to long to use a shorty, this may be perfect for you. If your tails are too long when you use a 4.6 meter wrap to do your favorite carries, you will probably be happy with a 4.1 meter length.

A 4.6 or 4.7 meter woven is known as a size 6. This is the MEDIUM full length wrap (also called Standard) and is the most popular woven wrap size. It is the size that fits most moms for doing most of the popular wrap carries. If you want a wrap that allows a petite mom and a larger pop to both have several options, this may be the perfect compromise that will neither drag too long for the mom, nor come up too short for the dad to have some options.

A 5.1 or 5.2 meter woven is called a size 7 wrap. This is the LARGE full length wrap. Plus size moms and dads will use this size for all of their full length wrap carries. It can also be used by someone who normally uses a size 6 but wants more room for tandem babywearing, or doing extra long carries.

A 5.7 meter woven is often called a size 8 woven wrap. This size is for full length carries for those who wear larger than a size 24 dress size (US) and should work well, for example, for a parent or caregiver who is in the range of 5'10 and 300 lbs. For reference, most popular brands of stretchy wrap are one-size-fits-all, and that size is around 5.5 meters. Just about a size 8.

A 6.0 meter wrap is available in some of the wrap brands, and is a great option for parents who find a size 8 to be not quite enough. You may need a larger wrap if you don't have enough tail to loosen your carry down for nursing, for example.

I would suggest either a 6 or 7, depending on the types of carries you will need.

Wow thanks so much! That is really helpful. If I recall, a moby is just over 5m right? That was plenty long enough when I was 230lbs+ when Sophie was a baby. I'm about 190lbs now and 4'11". I don't know in US sizes but I am a size 18 UK/NZ/AUS. I would have been a size 22-24 when I had the moby.

I'll see if I can find a size 7. I mainly see size 6's. Yay! You are so helpful :-D.

Being under 5 feet, I would probably go for a 6 myself. I am 5 foot even and I planned to get a 5, at around 145 lbs.

I'd get a six if I were you. Especially if you're still working on the weight loss. Good job by the way. 60lbs in 4 months is quite impressive!!

Thank you very much. That gave me a huge smile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->