Leo tasted his first food

SarahBear

Reaction score
He barely tasted it, but Leo tasted his first solid food today. He tasted salmon. At this age, Violet actually ate a little, but Leo barely took anything into his mouth. It was a start though and we'll keep offering stuff. We're thinking maybe egg next as well as banana and avocado. I'd also like him to start joining us for family meals more. He's usually with us, but I'd like to have him in his highchair more and have something on his tray to either play with or attempt to eat. Well, the adventure into solids has begun!

It's so exciting, isn't it? I love meal times. We haven't tried salmon with him yet, but he's tried tuna and we're having swai for dinner tonight. Hubby and I love fish.

My baby loves avocado and banana, too. Hates green beans, though.

We tried him on eggs this morning and we get the feeling that he's just not ready right now. We're going to try again in a week.

Good luck! Maybe that extra week will do it.

Well, at dinner he was unhappy until I let him taste my hamburger, haha. I just held a small piece and I didn't let go of it, but once he had the chance to taste it, he was quiet and content.

Did he chew/swallow, or just suck on it? We haven't offered any beef yet. I was nervous about choking (plus only hubby eats red meat).

He chewed on some of the fish. I think he sucked on the eggs, but not sure. He just sucked a little on the beef that I didn't let go of. There wasn't enough there to chew on without biting me. As far as choking goes, he's gagging and spitting up/drooling/throwing up before he has a chance to choke. It seems that if they're ready to handle the food, they know how to swallow it. If they're not ready for it, their body rejects it before they choke. Of course choking can still happen though.

Sounds like he is getting ready to start exploring it! I would definitely just keep offering and let him taste little bits of everything, even if it's just licking or sucking on it. My LO was over 8 months before he was ready to eat solids with any type of consistency. Some kids just need a bit more time. Should note my DS is now 17 months and consumes any and all food to help fill his hollow leg lol

I've been letting him have tiny tastes of things. I let him chew on some cheese but he then threw up. He'll warm up to and eat food when he's ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->