Lesbian couples TTC

Sorry to hear that JandK xxx

KelleynJen - we're hoping to go in October... Changed our plans a little. Hopefully we will have a teeny bubs by then

Thanks for the update JandK. Sorry about AF but hang in there. We will both get that illusive BFP soon!

Laura welcome back. I enjoy reading your blog so much. I am sure you are nervous but I'm glad you've hopped back on the proverbial horse. Did you do any testing or did the time away lend you a clear head to start again without?

I did do OPKs last month and + was day 26 as was normal before the soy debacle :)

Well we have been testing since 10DPO, even though we said we wouldnt. The first day we got a super faint positive. It's now 14DPO and I'm proud to say I think we may have just gotten our BFP :bfp: Problem is unfortunately as bad as I want to be happy :happydance: and on :cloud9: I just feel like I cant :nope: especially after we had a chem last month :cry:

On a positive note the lines have gotten progressively darker which Im sure is a good sign, but we wont call for an appointment until the day after her flow would be due which wont be until the 20th. Funny thing is we got pregnant with our first child exactly 7 years ago, so if this little bean does stick our due date is going to be one day after our first child's birthday!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8461/7996194244_a74d26d975.jpg

Well we have been testing since 10DPO, even though we said we wouldnt. The first day we got a super faint positive. It's now 14DPO and I'm proud to say I think we may have just gotten our BFP :bfp: Problem is unfortunately as bad as I want to be happy :happydance: and on :cloud9: I just feel like I cant :nope: especially after we had a chem last month :cry:

On a positive note the lines have gotten progressively darker which Im sure is a good sign, but we wont call for an appointment until the day after her flow would be due which wont be until the 20th. Funny thing is we got pregnant with our first child exactly 7 years ago, so if this little bean does stick our due date is going to be one day after our first child's birthday!

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8461/7996194244_a74d26d975.jpg

Congratulations!!

Hello ladies. My name is Kayla. My wife and I have decided to add another member to our family of 3! I have a daughter from a previous marriage who is 10. We've talked about having a child on and off practically since we got together. I can't wait to start this journey. We are planning on TTC in March/April of next year :) I've spent all day for the past 2 days searching sperm banks and donors, lol.

Well ladies, our wait is coming to an end. DW says she doesn't feel pregnant and all seems to be going same old same old. She is a bit moddy but arent we all when we're a week out for our cycles? We discussed taking a few months off from TTC night before last and decided to push on but I guess I am just disappointed in how unlike my plans this whole process is. We were so naieve coming in. We though we would put some sperm in and *BAM* baby. We knew it would have to be well planned timing wise but we had no idea how long and hard the process can seem. Starting next month we will be going to the doc to start testing. I think the first item on our OB/Gyn's list is an HSG. I'll start making calls and appointments on Monday so that we can keep on keepin on. I hope all is well. The thread has been quiet. Baby dust all around.

Well ladies, our wait is coming to an end. DW says she doesn't feel pregnant and all seems to be going same old same old. She is a bit moddy but arent we all when we're a week out for our cycles? We discussed taking a few months off from TTC night before last and decided to push on but I guess I am just disappointed in how unlike my plans this whole process is. We were so naieve coming in. We though we would put some sperm in and *BAM* baby. We knew it would have to be well planned timing wise but we had no idea how long and hard the process can seem. Starting next month we will be going to the doc to start testing. I think the first item on our OB/Gyn's list is an HSG. I'll start making calls and appointments on Monday so that we can keep on keepin on. I hope all is well. The thread has been quiet. Baby dust all around.

I know how you feel I never thought it would take this long...

Hey ladies, I know it seems hard, but do try to keep the faith. we tried for 16 months, including doing overseas iui and multiple inseminations every cycle. Each month when AF came, it was always heart breaking. Cannot tell you how many times I cried over it.

But when it happens, it is truly worth the wait. And trust me, it will happen :)

Leah and J&K, I can't belive it is taking this long either, I would have started earlier had I known.
I had my lap and dye on Tues, I'm still sore. Took out endo and fibroids, tubes are clear.

wanna see pics, not for the weak!:
Lap 2012.jpg
A day before the lap, my gyno tells me that I tested positive for thyroid antibodies, so I may have Hasimoto's.......great:growlmad:, something else!
I have an appt next week with my pcp to hopefully have more tests done.
Anyway, my partner and I are feeling positive, trying to stay positive. Hoping to get the thyroid issue resolved so we can get our bfp.

Adroplet, I had fibroids surgery in April 2010. They were the mainreason why we decided to start getting earlier as my doc found adenomyosis and felt that my fibroids had a high chance of recurrence with in 5 years.

Wee could only start trying a year later as the surgery made me stop ovulation. And it still took us 16 months to get the bfp.

I hope your doc its very helpful and can guide you through this. Baby dust to you!

Well ladies.... 11dpo and all is well. LOL! We have decided to hold off on testing until next Sunday if AF hasn't shown by then. Our original plan was to test tomorrow but we've decided that early testing just isn't as awesome as it used to be. It is expensive and that is often times money spent on disappointment. I would rather wait until there is a reason to test from here on out. Plus all of the BFNs are depressing. In happier news: our temp perked back up this morning. I thought when there was that tiny drop yesterday that it was the beginning of the end so seeing it back up this morning made me very happy. I hope all is well and buckets of baby dust all around.

Well ladies.... 11dpo and all is well. LOL! We have decided to hold off on testing until next Sunday if AF hasn't shown by then. Our original plan was to test tomorrow but we've decided that early testing just isn't as awesome as it used to be. It is expensive and that is often times money spent on disappointment. I would rather wait until there is a reason to test from here on out. Plus all of the BFNs are depressing. In happier news: our temp perked back up this morning. I thought when there was that tiny drop yesterday that it was the beginning of the end so seeing it back up this morning made me very happy. I hope all is well and buckets of baby dust all around.

Fingers crossed!!!

Fx Leah!

Just back from doc. I have PCOS :-( but he's prescribed metformin... So let's see how we go on

Metformin can be a bit rough to start. Just a heads up that the side effects may seem misserable but give it a week or 2 and everything will balance out. I don't know if this matters to you or not but I know when I started taking it, I found weight loss was much easier too. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis but at least you know what you are up against now.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->