Lesbian couples TTC

Such great news! Congrats! Hope you continue to have a healthy, strong pregnancy :)

LesCoupleTTC - That is awesome news! Congrats. Try not to worry (i know easier said than done). I'm sure everything will be fine. Maybe you will have a New Years Baby. :thumbup:

So I know that this thread hasn't been very active lately but I am hoping that some of you are still out there lurking. Today we start insemination for this cycle and we are plugging right along. We had a serious conversation about the next steps in our ttc journey. DW told me that she is still feeling "invaded"by the loss of her tube. She doesn't want to move into medical intervention or iui. She is willing to try natural fertility enhancements starting next cycle but there are just too any choices. I would appreciate anything y'all can suggest.

Fertilaid prenatal vitamins are good. Last month i used fertilaid COq10 maca baby aspirin and progesterone cream. Just some suggestions

I use coq10, royal jelly, l-arginine, vit D and before O drink red raspberry leaf tea. Oh also prenatals and prenantal DHA. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I take supps that help the quality of my eggs and my lining. I'm in my mid 30s and I've been convinced all my years as a smoker have hurt the quality of my eggs, so that's why I chose those particular ones. Other supps have effects on your cycle, example vit Bs extend your luteal phase and boost progesterone. I don't know much about other supps other than the ones I take.

I take fertilaid, fertileCM, fertilitea, maca root, spirulina, B6, and royal jelly. I've also been eating healthier. In one month of all this my progesterone went from 2.4 to 6.9, my chart looks better, my O wasn't as delayed, and my lp went from 10/11 days to 12. So, I'm thinking all those things are making a difference. Good luck!

This thread has been awful quiet lately. I truly hope that everyone is doing fine. Baby :dust: to everyone trying :)

AFM- Today makes us 11 weeks 5 days and we are still cautiously awaiting the day that we are finally out of this :wacko: first trimester. Only a little while left thankfully!! :happydance: The last scan we had was at 10 weeks, but we go for another appointment on Tuesday. We will be 12 weeks 2 days, so hopefully we will get a nice clear picture of our LO. I am most excited to hear the heartbeat again. Hopefully I can control my emotions this time, since at the first appointment, once I heard the heart beat I :cry: so uncontrollably, I could barely breathe. I think it was truly just an emotional release of everything that I had been holding in since the last of out three losses. Hearing that little pitter patter put me on :cloud9:

Yay! You are so close to being in the 2nd trimester :) You should be on cloud 9, it's such a beautiful thing and even more meaningful when you've had losses. I'm so happy for you...and so jealous! lol

Congratulations, you are almost there. :winkwink:

As for us, we took a break. I've been on chinese herbs for last 3 months in hopes of reducing my endometriosis pains/symptoms. So far so good but not 100% gone. We are looking at mid July to be the next insemination.
I think we will try inseminations until the end of this year, if that doesnt work then possibly begin adoption process in 2014.

Lescouplettc-I see you're officially in the 2nd trimester now! Yay!

adroplet-I hope you see a bfp before then!

We have decided on an end date as well. We are trying this and 2 more cycles and then we are taking a long 'time out' at the very least, if not quitting entirely.

leah-Has she tried any supplements or anything to try and regulate her body a little? Has she had her hormone levels tested since having the tube removed? I really hope you guys get a bfp before the time limit :(

Leah - I can relate. It is easy to be consumed by the TTC process. We had no back up plan, we just wanted to get our BFP. We never really talked about how long we would try or what if it never works.
I never thought I would have trouble conceiving and i can't help but feel like a failure. And I know that time will never heal the emptiness I feel. I will be reminded every time I see a baby, kids at the park or someone announces their pregnancy.
Perhaps adoption will be the way to go.

DOMA was struck down in the Supreme Court today!!!!

AFM: We have started the process to become foster parents and it is moving along quickly. So fast really that our heads are spinning. We could have a child in as little as 2-3 months.

....and gay marriage is finally legal here in CA!!! :happydance:
Next best thing to getting our BFP.

adroplet-You guys are so lucky! It will be a long time before we see it legal in our state. It'll be interesting to see how those of us in states where it isn't legal are effected. Still very happy they struck it down though! Big strides!

JandK-How exciting!!! Good luck and keep us updated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->