Less Movements 23 weeks

KimmyLou

Reaction score
I'm 23+1 and I've felt baby move quite well for the last few weeks. Over the last few days, she hasn't moved much, barely at all. I have an anterior placenta which I know can restrict movements. I've also had a look at movements on all the charity pages. None of which mention before 24 weeks.
I'm a bit anxious, as you can guess. Has anyone any advice at all? X

I had this a few days ago, even though I'm still very early I've been feeling her for weeks so was worried when it stopped, as I was on my way to get scanned she kicked up a storm :haha:
Still got the scan though because I love seeing her! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
Always worth getting checked that worry needlessly.

Thank u kimmyxxx called up and she said at 27 weeks baby still small so won't be able to check with their monitoring equipment but as long as I've felt 10 or more movements today even though weaker then that's a good sign. She told me to ring up my midwifery base in the morning to be checked by Doppler if still worried or come in and she will do it tonight. She also said baby could be facing my back so that's why I don't feel her as much which does make sense for me as I've not felt her run her foot a cross my tum. Think better to ring for reasurrance than to sit and worry to death big hugs to u xxx

I had a couple of instances where I noticed less movement in my two previous pregnancies. For sure if the baby is facing your back you will feel less movement. Also, when my babies would change their schedule (awake at night asleep all day)... that made feeling the movement difficult as well.

A few tips from my Doc were to drink a sugary drink and lay on your left side, the baby will squirm from the change of position and the sugar. Also an ice cold drink will trigger movement too.

I'm sure everything is fine, but for sure call if you need the reassurance.

I also have an Anterior Placenta and sometimes I really struggle to feel movements.

At around 23 weeks for me, I had a few really quiet days, and panicked so much, she had been so active and obvious in the days before.. Turns out that is now starting to become a bit of a routine, a couple of really busy days followed by a quiet one.

When I have the quiet ones and I'm about to lose my mind, I eat some fruit or something, have a drink and lie on my left side and really concentrate (sometimes sit in quiet and even close my eyes). As you know sometimes you just get the softer movements on the sides that can be so easily missed.

But overall, if you're concerned just say something to your midwife, I've certainly done it, and I'm sure I will again.

Thankyou everyone for your comments. They're very reassuring to hear, especially as I'm not the only one. She still hasn't moved so will give my midwife a call. I'm guesssing the midwife will more than likely explain what you've all explained but I would rather put my mind at ease. Xx

I went to the pregnancy assessment unit to be monitored in the end. They think baby is in an awkward position as her heartbeat all sounded good! My body was fine and urine too. They weren't concerned which put my mind at ease! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->