Less sick second time round?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I’m 5+2 and don’t feel very sick yet.

This is pregnancy 7, we have a 5yo dd and 2 ectopics, and three miscarriages. So I’m obviously quite worried.

I’m sure it isn’t ectopic as I don’t get good lines on pregnancy tests with an ectopic, my boobs don’t get sore and I get a very specific type of cramp I haven’t had. All of that is reassuring.

However, I’m really worried about a miscarriage.

With my dd, I was feeling really nauseous by now.

I do have some symptoms like I get really bad hunger pains, my boobs are sore, and I’m more tired. But I’ve had those in all my non ectopic pregnancies, so those don’t reassure me in the way nausea does.

I have a scan booked for Wednesday and after my scan I can start clexane injections because I’ve got a borderline positive result of a clotting issue.

the only difference I can think of is that I switched from tablet form of prenatals to gummies because the tablets made me sick even when not pregnant/ttc. So maybe some of the early nausea with dd was because I started prenatals at that time?

… being the idiot I am I’m going to buy the normal vitamins to try and see if that is the case.

Did anyone else feel less sick with #2 abs things turn out okay?

I felt less sick with my second and everything was OK. I was just more tired as I was looking after my first as well as being pregnant, but sickness wise I wasn't too bad.

I felt less sick with my second and everything was OK. I was just more tired as I was looking after my first as well as being pregnant, but sickness wise I wasn't too bad.
Interesting that your first is a girl and second a boy too! My friend has the opposite experience and her first was a boy, second a girl!
I don’t feel too tired this time but it’s summer holidays whereas with Gracie I had just started a new job and was working a lot of hours. Plus, Gracie is nearly 6 so much easier to look after/more independent now.

I wasn’t sick with my first 2 girls, this baby I was really sick (still am most days) and this baby is also girl. Shows there’s no real link between success of pregnancy / gender

Congrats @loeylo. Fingers crossed for you everything goes well.

I wasn't as sick with this baby and my nausea/sore boots didn't start until 6 weeks

Totally normal! I wasn't sick at all and barely had any symptoms with my last two pregnancies but with my first two I had everything in the book including extreme morning sickness.

I genuinely think every pregnancy is different. This is my 8th pregnancy (2 children, 5 losses). I've only been very sick in 2 of my pregnancies- my 11 year old son and my most recent mmc. With my 9 yr old son I wasn't sick once, just bloated and tired and went off certain things (plus the usual sore boobs and peeing more etc). I've found symptoms aren't a great indicator for me as to how the pregnancy is going to work out. I've had very strong symptoms with some of my miscarriages including my last one for example.

Hope that helps reassure you.

Thanks everyone, that helps!

I had all girls but my 2nd, I only had occasional nausea but I only got sick 2x the entire pregnancy. I actually only got sick when brushing my teeth and when I was nervous about doing a presentation. I had much more sickness and not due to nerves.

I was sick from early on with my first (boy) I was vomiting from 5-6 weeks then with my second (girl) the sickness didn’t start till much later, closer to 8 weeks, and with this one I still feel pretty good with only sore bbs and occasional nausea and im close to 8 weeks. Hope your scan next week goes well <3

With my eldest who is now 18 I only had neasea from week 7 to 8 and then nothing. She was born very healthy at 39+4 weeks.

With my 2nd baby a boy I felt sick from around 7 ish weeks. Hard to remember because he is 15 now and both he and my my first were with my ex finance.

With DH
Our eldest son I again had neasea from about 7 ish weeks.
And from 12 weeks I thew up nearly every day right up untill 40 weeks.

With our DD I didn't have any sickness that I can remember. She is 8 now.
But when I hit 13 weeks if I smelled fried food that wud make me really neasaus and I used to Heave.

With our youngest I started having mild waves of neasea at around 8 ish dpo. From BFP it got worse then vanished at 6 weeks.
Came back at 8 weeks and lasted untill 16 weeks. Then came back again in 3rd trimester but mainly because of acid reflux.

And with this baby
I had no neasea at all until 6 ish weeks.
Mostly very very mild. Some days bad and some days nothing at all.
Then it went away and came back at 9 weeks with vengeance and finally left me at 17 weeks.

So there u go hon just goes to show thay every pregnancy is different.

Alot of womons neasea starts around 8 weeks but some don't get it at all.

Hopefully ure one of the lucky ones.

I do remember worrying with this pregnancy because lack of symptoms but my gosh when they hit I was wanting them to go away again haha.

I'm just waiting for it to rear its ugly head again now I'm in 3rd trimester.
I've started with the acid reflux on and off so I'm sure if that gets worse the feeling sick and green will be back.
Hoping not tho.

I've never experienced the 'normal' pregnancy symptoms. Ever. I'd get a bit of mild nausea and at times, it would be there all day. Not bad enough to puke but enough to be annoying. I never really had obviously swollen, outrageously sore boobs. They'd be sensitive but not crazy bad. I couldn't stand the smell of melting butter with my eldest but again, it was just an annoyance and nothing more. The most pregnancy-like symptom I've ever had is food cravings. I'd crave a certain food so intensely, I'd have to have RIGHT NOW or I was going to go bonkers. But it was normal food like tuna fish sandwiches or canned peaches, not pickle and peanut butter.

I've also had experience with miscarriage and complicated pregnancies so I know how reassuring those symptoms can be for someone who has experienced loss before.

It's been my experience that the more anxious I am about the pregnancy, the LESS symptoms I've had. Thanks to my therapist, I've learned a very interesting thing about the effects of anxiety during pregnancy. Anxiety can be so strong at times, it can actually dampen or even mask pregnancy symptoms. It's hard to ignore the anxiety though. Trust me, I know all too well. But try to relax as best you can. Also, remember that it's totally normal to feel anxious during pregnancy when you've experienced miscarriage. As someone who has never had a truly 'normal' pregnancy (EVER), I don't know how an uncomplicated pregnancy is supposed to feel like. I've only ever known loss and complications and bleeding and scary moments and high risk pregnancies. So I get it. I really do. It's hard to trust that things are going okay and all is well in there when you've experienced things NOT being okay in the past. But at least try to relax. I know it's hard. But it's the best for you and bubs.

Hang in there. Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->