Let me introduce myself

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hi everyone!I'm Gillian, so glad to be in the 2nd tri, I never thought I would make it here. My last pregnancy ended in a mmc so I was very worried earlier in the pregnancy. I found out at a scan at 13 weeks that our baby has spina bifida so that added a bit of stress to this pregnancy but still very excited to meet our baby. I will be getting an amnio test in 2 weeks to test for downs syndrome and edwards syndrome as I was told they can be related to spina bifida. I am only 23 though so I would say it is unlikely to have any syndromes. So far the brain, heart and feet are all looking fine but it is still early days :)

Welcome to 2nd tri hun, sorry to hear your baby has spina bifida hun and i hope the tests all come back ok, congratulations on ur bubba xx

Hi Gillian and welcome to 2nd tri :) How are you feeling about your LO having spina bifida? I've read there are a few different variants of it? I hope the doctors have been supportive and have given you lots of information. Good luck for your amnio :) like you said, I'm sure it will go well xx

Hello love xxx congratulation on little one xx hoping everything goes as smoothly as possible xxx

Hi Gillian and welcome to 2nd tri :) How are you feeling about your LO having spina bifida? I've read there are a few different variants of it? I hope the doctors have been supportive and have given you lots of information. Good luck for your amnio :) like you said, I'm sure it will go well xx

Thanks, for the most part I am feeling good, have the odd moment where I get a bit sad about it but then I remember I am still having a beautiful baby who is capable of leading a fulfilling life. I have joined a few support groups and it helps talking to parents who are in/have been in the same position.

Thanks, for the most part I am feeling good, have the odd moment where I get a bit sad about it but then I remember I am still having a beautiful baby who is capable of leading a fulfilling life. I have joined a few support groups and it helps talking to parents who are in/have been in the same position.

That's great that you have joined some support groups and you can talk to other parents who have been in the same situation. Congrats on your little bubba and here's to a fabulous 2nd tri! :)

That's great that you have joined some support groups and you can talk to other parents who have been in the same situation. Congrats on your little bubba and here's to a fabulous 2nd tri! :)

Thanks :) yeah here is hoping the 2nd tri is more pleasant than the 1st! so far I am still nauseous though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->