• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's get pregnant in 2012!!!! TTC #1 after loss

Fingers crossed for you flybaby. If it's worked before hopefully there won't be any problems this time?

I also find it surprising so many people don't understand cycles etc. I suppose if you've not had ttc issues/don't want kids there's no need for you to educate yourself.

I can't believe your SIL asked you that. What did you say to her? I'm no good at lying either. I've decided that I'm just not going to talk to anyone about any of this stuff any more. If anyone asks, are you pregnant? Are you on drugs? I'm just going to calmly tell them I don't want to talk about it. My mum asked me recently was I going back to the doctor for help and I just said, I don't really want to talk about it, so she left it. If you can then change the subject I think it reinforces the fact you're not prepared to talk about it and hopefully the next time you see that person they'll remember what happened last time and won't bring it up again.

Yes I hope it comes even sooner than that...I am so exhausted of waiting.

She just doesn't have a filter or something. I told her it's a "pap smear...a check up" and she replied "damn" WTF she'd be the last person I would tell her about it when/if it does happen. We're planning on keeping it a secret for as long as we can...I want to tell her this isn't the vagina monologues just because she married into the same family doesn't mean she should have access to my personal business! I'll have to grow some and just tell everyone I don't want to talk about it. I did that at the beginning but after the M/C I broke down a bit...Thanks for your help!

flybaby - i understand where you're coming from a little..no one in my dh or my family asks when we'll be pregnant again, so i don't really know what to tell you on that..other to speak your mind. When we do get pregnant again, we dont plan on telling anyone until 15-20wks though!...i wont announce it on fb either..not until 20wks..then i can say... "its a girl" or "its a boy" and ppl will wonder lol.

Yeah just stand your ground... nobody has any right to this information, it's your business and no one else's. But I know it can be hard, I haven't always found myself able to tell people I don't want to talk about. A couple of times I have answered ppl's questions but regretted it after.

I don't want to tell anyone for as long as possible next time either. Would like to make it to 20 weeks but I guess it depends on how soon the bump shows... I don't live near my family so have images in my mind of getting scan photos at 20 weeks then emailing them saying, surprise! Can't remember if it was this thread or a different one but had an interesting discussion about what to put as FB status. If I do put one, I'd like to mention the fact it isn't our first pregnancy and would like to remember the ones we lost as well as be happy for the one we have. Also, for anyone reading the status whose had a loss and/or ttc issues themselves they hopefully won't be quite so sad to read it, if you see what I mean.

Smiler - i understand completely! I think my status would be..."yay, its a girl" or "yay, its a boy" and i'd put the name in there or something too...

Hi girls, how's everyone doing? anyone tested yet? anyone near ovulation? xxxx

Tanzi I like your status, having a baby this year! That is so great it made me smile :) Good to be in a positive frame of mind, must follow your example!!!

I am just finishing AF. Got my HSG on Monday. Hope it doesn't stop me from ovulating, someone else on another thread didn't ov the cycle she had hers done. We've got one more chance to conceive before I'm putting a ban on in March and April!

How are you feeling Tanzi, just looked at your chart did you stop temping?

Hope the HSG goes well, try not to worry, everyone is different so you might be one of the lucky women where it doesn't effect your cycle - I sure hope it doesn't anyway :)

Yeah I stopped temping, I promised myself that once I got + opks and FF confirmed OV then I'd stop, this is the same cycle as the loss so it's one emotional 2ww - I figure cut out stress as much as possible :)

Thanks Tanzi...I hope so too but after a bit of googling this afternoon SO many women say it stopped them ovulating. It's so weird, a lot of women complained their docs told them the HSG does not affect your cycle, but it really seems to be the norm. So have just got to prepare myself there won't be any more chances for us til about May now...

Sorry this 2WW is emotional for you :hugs: sounds like a good idea to eliminate as much stress as possible. Are you going to wait til you're late to test?

flybaby - Good luck! I completely understand about people asking when you're having a baby. Not many people know about our losses, so I get asked quite frequently when we're having kids. Especially at work, they like to ask. It's sooooo frustrating! :growlmad:

Smiler - Yup, I sent her a message a couple days ago. She completely understood and figured that would be the case, but wanted to invite us and let it be our decision. She was totally understanding! I'm glad you were able to make it to your sisters. :hugs: I don't know if I O'd after my HSG. I got a positive OPK for 3 days, then got AF 5 days later. My chart doesnt look like I O'd.

Tanzi - Good luck, FX'd!!! I'm sorry it's an emotional one for you :hugs:

AFM - I got a wicked dark positive OPK yesterday! :happydance: My temp dropped just a bit, so I'm hoping I ovulate today. I didn't pressure DH into BDing last night, but we'll definitely DTD tonight. We've been consistent in BDing every other day since CD12, so we should be covered.

No I'm not doing to wait til 15dpo to test, it'll happen over the next few days but not sure which day exactly, just want to see how I'm feeling and go from there :)

Tweak - Yay on your positive OPK, wow thats a lot of b'ding but it just may do the trick for you :D how long is your LP?

Well, last cycle it was like 7 days, if I even ovulated. The one before that 9, then it was 13. So, hoping the Clomid helps. If O is confirmed today, I'll be
testing on the 31st, 10-11 DPO.

I'm very happy with how much DH has BD'd. He's come a long way since the beginning of TTC. I used to have to fight him for BDing. Now that he sees how much I want this, he's more willing.

Thank you all! My biggest frustration is the ones that do know and still continuously ask. That drags me down. Or others who say what I'm going through is all in my head. Didn't know I could cause a miscarriage of a baby that I wanted! It's a breath of fresh air to read all of these responses of you all who truly understand. And yes to not tell anyone until 20 weeks would be phenomenal!

How is everyone doing today? Tanzi how close to testing are you? Fingers crossed x x

Tweak I really like your new pic that is a good quote :)

Flybaby whoever says it's in your head obviously has no idea what they are talking about, best to ignore them. Though easier said than done I know!

I was meant to have my HSG test today but they cancelled and made it tomorrow. Am a bit nervous :wacko:

Sorry to hear they cancelled your HSG til tomorrow, hope you're not too anxious about it :hugs:

Some crap is going on with me at the minute, got declined a mortgage application and hubby and I have wasted the entire weekend worrying over it. It's put a dampener on things and it just feels like the time we lost our baby, the waiting, the confirmation, the crying, the stress, the lot.

So not tested, don't know what to do about testing either.

I tested today..granted its only about 10dpo, i used a FRER and walgreens brand hpt's..BFN on the FRER, but it was faint on the walgreens one. It's still early, so i have a couple days. Af isn't due til the 27th or 28th..at the latest the 30th. So we shall see...dh said "even if we're not pregnant this cycle, we still have the next cycle..ect and it'll give us more time to pay off debt bills."

Thank you all! My biggest frustration is the ones that do know and still continuously ask. That drags me down. Or others who say what I'm going through is all in my head. Didn't know I could cause a miscarriage of a baby that I wanted! It's a breath of fresh air to read all of these responses of you all who truly understand. And yes to not tell anyone until 20 weeks would be phenomenal!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Totally not in your head at all! Don't let them get you down - you grieve when you need to and not when they think you should or shouldn't.

I tested today..granted its only about 10dpo, i used a FRER and walgreens brand hpt's..BFN on the FRER, but it was faint on the walgreens one. It's still early, so i have a couple days. Af isn't due til the 27th or 28th..at the latest the 30th. So we shall see...dh said "even if we're not pregnant this cycle, we still have the next cycle..ect and it'll give us more time to pay off debt bills."

YAY for faint lines!! I found the cheapie tests picked up my pregnancy a lot faster then the frer's, so I'm praying for a sticky bfp for you! I can't wait to hear/see that the line has darkened!

Sorry to hear they cancelled your HSG til tomorrow, hope you're not too anxious about it :hugs:

Some crap is going on with me at the minute, got declined a mortgage application and hubby and I have wasted the entire weekend worrying over it. It's put a dampener on things and it just feels like the time we lost our baby, the waiting, the confirmation, the crying, the stress, the lot.

So not tested, don't know what to do about testing either.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tweak - I can't wait until you test! Hoping for a nice length LP for you and a sticky bfp at the end!

AFM, bleeding stopped FINALLY a day and a 1/2 ago. Even the nice long bd session that we had yesterday didn't cause any kind of bleeding at all which is a first since before I got pregnant I think. My temps are either being weird or I've already ovulated this cycle... any thoughts on that?

My period started today, so a good couple of things to reflect on last cycle:

early ovulation
LP didn't change after the loss

It felt bizarre when it started, normally there's some aches or pains but this morning there was nothing, zilch! not complaining though. Think my head knew it was coming last night - I had an overwhelming sense of inner peace and calm with the world, like nothing but hubby mattered and all the stresses had just disappeared.

Think I've started to go through the last stage of grief - acceptance. Last night in bed something happened, don't know what but just felt like I'd forgiven the whole nightmare of the loss, felt like it was ok to finally be happy once more.

Still feel a bit like that now actually, must be oestrogen at work.

My period started today, so a good couple of things to reflect on last cycle:

early ovulation
LP didn't change after the loss

It felt bizarre when it started, normally there's some aches or pains but this morning there was nothing, zilch! not complaining though. Think my head knew it was coming last night - I had an overwhelming sense of inner peace and calm with the world, like nothing but hubby mattered and all the stresses had just disappeared.

Think I've started to go through the last stage of grief - acceptance. Last night in bed something happened, don't know what but just felt like I'd forgiven the whole nightmare of the loss, felt like it was ok to finally be happy once more.

Still feel a bit like that now actually, must be oestrogen at work.

I know what you mean, I think...It was a day or two before I tested so that I could get back on provera. I felt that everything was okay. I thought it mean that this next cycle was going to be my time. But that's when I had the miscarriage. I guess it was self conscience gearing me up for a long ride. It was the strangest feeling but it felt so peaceful. :hugs:

Hi everyone! I'm new over here, after losing my baby in October, DH and I started TTC last month. Now we are in the 2ww again. Anxiously waiting to be test! I still have a long way to go, but I hope we caught the egg this month! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->