Let's Get to Know Each Other! WTT June/July 2014

Welcome Beanonorder! I hope you have a much easier birth this time & that all goes well for you!

So now that's it's June has anyone started officially trying? Where are you in your cycles?

Not quite officially trying yet, but I am officially off BC!

We will be starting to NTNP at the beginning of July.

Eeep my ticker now says I only have 1 week and 2 days left of my pill then we will be not using any BC!!

Teilana we are the same - off bc but waiting til July. Not sure how we are going to be careful through June though because a) dh hate condoms and every time we've actually tried them we've ended up throwing it away! and b) we'll be at my parents house and condoms just seem extra awkward there!
I'm on cd4 now. I had two good signs of ovulation two weeks before af arrived so I'm hoping for that again this month. That will give me hope that we can get it on at the right time in July and August and hopefully get pregnant in one of those months!

MrsMandy: 9 more pills Ahhhhhh! I'm like half excited half scared to death haha

So who's stopped the actual pill? What were you taking? Any problems after stopping? I've been on it (Yaz for most of the time) for over 8 years so I'm actually kind of scared how my body is going to react. I think my skin is going to freak. I don't want to be a pizza face :(

So who's stopped the actual pill? What were you taking? Any problems after stopping? I've been on it (Yaz for most of the time) for over 8 years so I'm actually kind of scared how my body is going to react. I think my skin is going to freak. I don't want to be a pizza face :(

We've started trying! I was on Yasmin for 3 years (microgynon 2 before that) and i've 2 cycles since stopping in Feb. They've both been about 40 days so quite long but I definitely did ovulate last month so just hoping it will happen quickly since we have to wait so long between ovulation from 1 cycle to the next.

I broke out after stopping BCP but it quickly cleared up.

Don't know why my phone keeps double posting!

Eep I'm half excited, and half terrified!!!
I've been on microgyon for the whole 10 years, I did take a months break around the 2 years mark and I think that I got back to my normal for that month so fingers crossed, though that was 8 years ago - so who knows what'll happen!!

I am off bc now. I have been on many different pills in the last 8 years with the last 2-3 being on the Evra patch. Just finished my withdrawal bleed and so far things seem to be normal. Quite excited to see what happens this month before we start NTNP next month!

I was on the mini-pill. The first time I was on it for 9 years. When I came off it I regulated pretty quickly (5 weeks after stopping I got first af) and don't remember any other issues. I fell pregnant the fourth month after stopping.
This time it took six weeks to get first af. I was on the pill for just over a year. I broke out a little but nothing serious. I'm hoping I go back to a 5 week cycle now. That will mean I will get next af at the end of June and we are all ready to get going in July.
MrsMandy I do like that you are counting the days til Christmas! Here's hoping we are all pregnant by then!!!

MrsMandy I do like that you are counting the days til Christmas! Here's hoping we are all pregnant by then!!!

Here here!! I kinda hope I'm around the 12 weeks mark so I can announce it on Christmas day! And give photo frames with a scan picture in for grandparents and aunts/uncles!

We are now NTNP. I try not to think about it too much, just because I don't want to freak out, since even though this is really exciting, it's nerve racking, too.

How is everyone? It's getting real for me now, only 4 more pills! Is anyone else scared to move over to the TTC boards? haha Idk why, I just feel safe here, it's scary over there lol. Anyone doing anything to prepare?
I'm trying to wean myself off of Claritin for allergies. I wanted to start trying sooner, but pollen has been so bad and I had a sore throat/stuffy nose all last week. Idk what's up with me, but I've been taking Claritin for probably at least 3 years now every single day year round. Anytime I've stopped I get really itchy for about 2 days, then by day 3 I have some small hives mainly on my chest/arms. As soon as I start taking it again I'm fine the next day (don't know what happens after day 3 bc I've always gone crazy itching and started it back). I don't know if it's some kind of weird tolerance type thing because I've been taking it so long, or if I'm allergic to something in my house, such as maybe my dog. So I didn't take it last night and we'll see what happens :( It's "category B" so probably safe for pregnancy, but I've also seen not to take it in the first trimester so I'd rather not.
I also need to start my DHA supplement. I've been taking Rainbow Light prenatals but they don't have DHA so I bought a seperate supplement. I keep avoiding it though bc I'm kind of scared it will upset my stomach.

I told DH we have to go out for Mexican so I can get a margarita (my favorite drink) and enjoy it one last time (maybe depending on how fast we get our bfp). :haha:

We've got two days before we leave for South Africa! I'm so excited. And tomorrow is my birthday so lots of excitement all round.
Once we get there I am planning to gt some pre-natals and start them. I didn't do that last time but I was very uneducated then!!!! Then we will have to be careful for this month and then we'll get down to it!

South Africa wow! I hope you have a nice & safe trip! And happy birthday!! I might be totally wrong, but I feel like it would be easier to find prenatals at home than in Africa! Plus you're supposed to start 3 months ahead anyway so the sooner the better!

How is everyone? It's getting real for me now, only 4 more pills! Is anyone else scared to move over to the TTC boards? haha Idk why, I just feel safe here, it's scary over there lol. Anyone doing anything to prepare?
I'm trying to wean myself off of Claritin for allergies. I wanted to start trying sooner, but pollen has been so bad and I had a sore throat/stuffy nose all last week. Idk what's up with me, but I've been taking Claritin for probably at least 3 years now every single day year round. Anytime I've stopped I get really itchy for about 2 days, then by day 3 I have some small hives mainly on my chest/arms. As soon as I start taking it again I'm fine the next day (don't know what happens after day 3 bc I've always gone crazy itching and started it back). I don't know if it's some kind of weird tolerance type thing because I've been taking it so long, or if I'm allergic to something in my house, such as maybe my dog. So I didn't take it last night and we'll see what happens :( It's "category B" so probably safe for pregnancy, but I've also seen not to take it in the first trimester so I'd rather not.
I also need to start my DHA supplement. I've been taking Rainbow Light prenatals but they don't have DHA so I bought a seperate supplement. I keep avoiding it though bc I'm kind of scared it will upset my stomach.

I told DH we have to go out for Mexican so I can get a margarita (my favorite drink) and enjoy it one last time (maybe depending on how fast we get our bfp). :haha:

Eep can't believe how little time we have left!
I was the same with antihistamines, but I knew that I couldn't take them when we were pregnant, and figured being pregnant would be tough enough without awful hay fever on top! (I was taking them for about 9 months of the year!) So I weaned myself off them about 3 years ago! The 1st year was horrid, but now apart from the odd itchy eye now and then I dont suffer with my allergies any more!

I did some research and found out about antihistamine withdrawal. Most of the stories I found were from Zyrtek though. Antihistamines block your body from producing histamines and sometimes when you stop taking them your body freaks out and produces way too many histamines. I scared myself by reading too many stories about it and it could last for months and the itching is so bad that some people couldn't handle it and started taking it again. I'm only on day one now and just have minor itching so far, but I've only made it to day three in the past. Hopefully it won't be that bad and I can do it.

MrsMandy: I love that were doing everything on the exact same day, its awesome to have someone to compare notes with. I joined the July testers forums in the TWW section! Ahh!

South Africa wow! I hope you have a nice & safe trip! And happy birthday!! I might be totally wrong, but I feel like it would be easier to find prenatals at home than in Africa! Plus you're supposed to start 3 months ahead anyway so the sooner the better!

haha, South Africa is home! I live in China and although I can find prenatals here they are either outrageously expensive or you can't be certain that they are what they say they are! I got my prenatals from SA for my last pregnancy.
Thanks for the birthday wishes - dd slept til 8am so that was a good start!

I did some research and found out about antihistamine withdrawal. Most of the stories I found were from Zyrtek though. Antihistamines block your body from producing histamines and sometimes when you stop taking them your body freaks out and produces way too many histamines. I scared myself by reading too many stories about it and it could last for months and the itching is so bad that some people couldn't handle it and started taking it again. I'm only on day one now and just have minor itching so far, but I've only made it to day three in the past. Hopefully it won't be that bad and I can do it.

MrsMandy: I love that were doing everything on the exact same day, its awesome to have someone to compare notes with. I joined the July testers forums in the TWW section! Ahh!

Ha ha my research consisted of seeing my sister suffering so badly through her pregnacy's that I knew I had to do something waayy before we even started trying so I didn't suffer the same!
It is lovely to have someone with the same dates and doing everything at the same time!
I'm gonna try to avoid the tww wait boards as i'm desperate to not put any pressure on us for at least a few months!! 😊

We're doing a trial run this month (started tracking again) and if we BFP great, if not, oh well! Kind of exciting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->