Let's talk OLYMPICS!!!

Will be watching the swimmers :)
The coach, Jon Rudd is my old head of year from year 11 at school. Such a lovely bloke (when he's not shouting at you lol) Very proud of all him and his team have achieved so far!

Am I the only one who is watching the swimming (both sexes) for the sake of swimming :rofl: ?

Am I the only one who is watching the swimming (both sexes) for the sake of swimming :rofl: ?

Nope....since having LO I'm not allowed to swim for 6 weeks and I LOVE to swim so this is killing me! :rofl:

We're (GB) top of men's synchronised 10m platform

:dance:

The synchronized swimming amazes me! I can't even sychronize myself so this is quite astounding to me. :rofl:

Is it just me whos stomach turned at how close USA just were to the diving board when they were somersaulting?x

You alays think they are going to break their necks huh? , not to say that no ten horses would get me off a 10 m dive board(the highest I get is 3 m (uncomfortably) I prefer the 2 m ones :haha:

I've never ever been on a diving board..I've always wanted to but I'm terrified of heights and I'm no adreneline junky Im a total wuss :haha: x

Made me cringe too! I keep thinking their heads are gonna bash off them!!

xxx

My head would definitely bash off them. In fact, I'd slip on the board, bash my head and do a spectacular fall into the water. :rofl:

I'd belly flop :thumbup:

Oh my grandpa had these lovely scenarios when we asked what happend if you did a belly flop from a dive board of certain heights. .(it involved burst stomachs with intestines coming out which he has seen himself too) Nothing like your grandpa telling always the harsh truth :twisted:

(my brother on the other hand had no problem getting of a 3m dive board at age 3) (and 15 m rock into a mountain lake at 15 (in Italy))(which involved climbing up the cliff wall )

I used to love jumping and diving off of boards when I was a kid. Unfortunately, there's no more boards at pools (including our own) because the insurance is so astronomical.

I also love swimming.gymnastics,equestrian I just love olympics in general. Also what is in the water in Europe your men are delicious:blush::haha:

Loved the opening ceremony!!........ Was in the pub for hours waiting to see who was lighting the flame! I thought it was nice for it to be past to the athletes of the future!

So far I have only managed to watch this evening's Mens Gymnastics Final OMG...... It was sooo tense but how on earth did Japan contest and go from 4th to 2nd... poor Team GB missing out on Silver (Sooo close!) But they got bronze yey!!!

I've also seen the dive which cost Tom Daley his medal :(

I was gutted when GB didn't get the syncronised diving medal. They really deserved it :( x

aw weve missed out narrowly on a few medals today :(

I only really watched the diving today but I have it recorded so will catch up on it once I'm comfy in bed. It's not looking too good for us with medals though, last I knew we only had 2, a bronze and a silver, and China had 6 gold 12 in total (I think) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->