• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Level crossing.....might sound stupid!!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I apologise if this is the most stupid question EVER lol but I've got this job interview on Monday and I was looking at the route I've gt to walk on google maps. I appears I have t walk over a level crossing. I've never done this before :dohh: but from looking at the satellite images of it there's no 'path' so to speak for restrains. It looks like ill have to step over the rails.

Surely that's not right??! It goes against every natural man instinct not to walk on rail lines!! Obviously the live rail want be there because cars go over it but arghhh it's making my anxiety worse, I'm freaking myself out!! I'm thinking a cab there is a good idea, for the sake of £5 ill be able to stay calm and avoid a mile walk that'll make me sweat and ruin my hair/makeup.

Ill have to walk back though so any inf would be good. I'm trying to get a link up but I can't, if anyone can have a look and help me out? It's to the left (looking at screen) of Kent house railway station.

Thank you so much in advance sorry for the stupidity!!!

ETA: IGNORE THIS LADIES!! JUST FOUND A MAP OF THE STATION AND THERE'S AN ALLEY BENEATH IT SO I CAN LEAVE THE OPPOSITE SIDE AND AVOID THE CROSSING. I ONLY FOUND THIS AFTER HAKF AN HOUR OF SEARCHING ONLINE, ARGHHH

Yeah you just walk over, the road will be designed in a way where the tracks are sort of embedded in the road. There is a siren and barriers which go well in advance of the train, just take your ear phones out! We have one in my home town, still gave me the heebies walking over it lol.

That's what I thought, that it'd be embedded into a road but from the satellite view it's not. I'm 100% I'm going to book a cab to meet me there so I don't get worked up just before the interview!! I've made myself panic its ridiculous!!

I'm so stupid getting worked up over a poxy level crossing!! Thank you so much for replying though. I've made myself panic! Ill just book a cab and save myself having a full on panic attack!!

It's normal to panic hun, I hope it goes well, I saw your thread about the interview but haven't ever done a group interview before so don't know anything about them, hope it goes really well :)

The tarmac will be raised so it's similar to walking over tramlines and is likely suitable for wheelchairs. It's fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->