Levels Dropping, Just Testing To See The Lines Fade Page 114

You can get implantation bleeding up to 7-8 weeks the blood is brown because its old blood that hasn't come out straight away, sometimes it just takes a while to make its way out, thinking of you stucki xx

I am sorry Susan, but implantation does not occur at 5 weeks. if that were true there wouldn't be any positive pregnancy tests until 5 weeks because HCG is only produced AFTER implantation. Every study on embryology has proven that this is not possible. Unless your days were off.

Progesterone suppositories are NOTORIOUS for causing spotting, because of the increase blood flow to the cervix. I bet thats what it is and all is fine in there!

Just quoting what the the "doctor" in the gynaecology department quoted me after I had my scan, and I really would have thought she would know, given that's her field of experience. Brown blood being "old blood" surely means it's been hanging around for a while which would go in line with it being from implantation. I'm not expert but the person who told me certainly was - unless she was just someone pretending to be a gynaecologist...

It can happen up until 6 weeks. I agree, my Dr told me the same thing. I never took suppositories and had a small bleed at 5 weeks. I started progesterone 3 days before that, so it makes sense.

Most things I have read said that the implantation bleeding can be anywhere in the first two months. I was doing heavy research because I had a heavy bleed starting in week 5 and went on to week 7 +3. Hopefully that is all it is.

Well, I just got home. Unfortunately I don't have any good news to share.

My urine test was positive, which is a first at a doctors office for me....but they did the US and there was nothing, not even a sac. The doctor said you can usually see the sac or the makings of one by 4.5-5 weeks.

I had to go to the hospital for a quant and she also had them run a progesterone. I have to go back for a repeat quant on Sunday and then I have a follow up appointment and another US on Monday afternoon.

She told me that she wanted me to be hopeful, but in the same breath told me that I already know that this pregnancy probably isn't going to progress.

That if I start bleeding or cramping and it's unbearable to go to the ER, but if I can handle it at home, that I don't have to go. I do still have to have my follow up appointment on Monday regardless of what happens this weekend.

I'm just kind of numb right now.

She did say that the brown bleeding didn't really concern her, that it's the red I should worry about. She also said that I may experience some spotting from the pelvic exam and the US, but so far I haven't had any.

I guess we don't really have a definitive answer right now, but my heart knows where this is heading.

stucki :( We are all being hopeful for you! You will stay on progesterone for now, right? Will you get the quant and progesterone levels back today??

Im sorry you received bad news. BUT, I was told the same thing at 5 weeks. My levels were also very low. I didnt even get a positive urine- pregnancy test. BUT we went back 2 weeks later, and saw a heartbeat. So its not impossible. Just have to be possible and accept theres nothing you can do now.

Is it possible that you are earlier than you think you are and are only 3-4 weeks? I thought I was 8 weeks according to LMP when I went in for my scan on 3/21/2013. Turns out it was 4 weeks off!! I was only 4.5 at that time. Unless you know exactly when you ovulated of course. I would keep out hope. Even when the sac WAS visible for me, there was nothing visible at all in the sac until 6.5 weeks. I had a lot of early scans because of a heavy bleed I had in weeks 5-7.5. Just hold out hope. I will keep everything crossed for you.

Personally, I still think you have every reason to be hopeful. Yes, spotting is scary but your tests are still progressing and you stopped spotting. I think 4.5 weeks is very early to see anything on a scan but I don't have experience going that early.

I really think this is going to work out in your favor. Stay on your meds and think positive...try to stay busy this weekend. Easier said than done, I know.

The bleeding can be from all sorts of stuff. And with it not being red, I think you're still in this 100%.

I'll be watching for updates. XOXOXO

Are you certain of your dates? I'm sure you said you wasn't sure when you ovulated. Is it possible you're slightly earlier as you are in the stages where every day can make a huge difference. I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days and I knew my dates where pretty much bang on and they only saw an empty gestational sac. From all the research I did, pretty much everyone had seen slightly more than that, i.e a yolk sac/fetal pole. Everything was there 2 weeks later when they dated me one day a head and then at the 12 week scan, they put me forward again by another 3 days so I could have potentially been further than 5+5 when I had that scan. I'm assuming it was a vaginal scan? x

I'm so sorry, Nicole. But remember that this bean has made it this far. You're not bleeding, your tests are still positive, it's not over. Didn't you say that your US tech friend said they probably wouldn't see anything? Hang in there hun. Tell your baby to hold on tight. Hugs.

I'm pretty sure of my dates. I know when I had positive ovulation tests and the last time I had sex.

When I had a bleed at 5 weeks they scanned me and couldnt see a thing and so told me I was miscarrying and sent me away with the paperwork. I went for a follow up ultrasound about a week later and there was a heartbeat visable.

I cant believe they told you to expect that the pregnancy will not progress. That is bullshit. There is still a big chance that the pregnancy is absolutely fine!!

A bleed is very normal, as many other women have told you. Not seing anything on an ultrasound at this stage is also very normal. Please dont worry. I bet your quants are doing great x x

sorry hun...hopefully you have better news next time...I am stillholding out faith for you!

when i went for my first scan i was possitive of my dates i swore blinde cause we hadnt had sex went for a scan at 5+5 said there was nothing there maybe a tiny sac but it was hardley visible so of course i went home gutted and stuff the following week went back there was a tiny baby and a heartbeat but the week before the dr told me i had probably miscaried tell my 11 month old that lol hun try and stay possitve i know its hard gd luck x

What you can see on the ultrasound is based more on your HCG levels and less on dates since even being off a few days on ovulation or implantation makes a *big* difference at this stage. You can't see anything until your levels are around 1100.

I don't know... I just have a gut feeling that this is going to turn out ok.

Here you go:

"Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels can have a lot of variance at this point. Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected."

Did they do a trans-vaginal or regular ultrasound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->