Light bleeding 6w5d... Petrified after mc last time

Jillie89

Mummy to 2 IVF miracles
Reaction score
What do I do? Had bloods today which showed my hcg is 77600 and progesterone 60... All good levels and progression from last weeks test I was told. Late This afternoon though I noticed patches of blood on my panty liner. It's not a lot but there each time I wipe. I have been so sick with ms all I have been doing is resting most of the days since the weekend (I am on school holidays) and I won't have my first scan til next week. Do I wait til tomorrow to ring fertility clinic (this is our ivf miracle) or go to ER tonight? So worried we are going to lose this bubba too :cry:

I had bleeding/brown spotting at 6weeks,8weeks, and 16weeks, sometimes quite heavy. All was well though, there can be lots of harmless reasons for bleeding during pregnancy especially if it's light. Try not to panic but defo go get checked out xxx

Your HCG levels look fab and tbh a lot of women experience bleeding at some stage! I did with DD at 7/9/11 weeks and with this one at 6 weeks, and both babies are completely fine <3

Thanks Ladies :)

I just rang my nurses at the IVF clinic this morning and they said that with my progesterone and hcg levels being good and rising well, the cause of a little pinkish bleeding is probably coming from my cervix being irritated from progesterone pessaries and gel I am on twice a day and have been for over a month. Haven't had any more blood since last night, so just going to take it really easy, rest up as much as I can and keep my fluids up (not much else is staying down at the moment). Now I have to wait over the weekend til I can book in my 7 week scan. There always seems to be a wait for something :dohh:

Tell me about it, I have 2 weeks until my 20 weeks scan and its dragging!!!

Bleeding and spotting is very common in IVF pregnancies. I'm sure you'll be fine :) May I ask if you transferred more than one frostie? Your hcg is so strong, I'm wondering if you're cooking twins!!

Try not to worry. There are a couple of things that could cause bleeding. I had very heavy bleeding at 6 weeks. I filled pads with blood. I was convinced it was all over, but my scan showed I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. It's very common in IVF pregnancies and causes bleeding. I had brown spotting 2 weeks later. Then after that I had red blood when I wiped. I went for an ultrasound and was told that my SCH was gone but I had lots of blood vessels that broke causing the bleeding. The tech said that everyone has blood vessels in their uterus, and that they can brake easily causing bleeds.

Until your scan drink lots of water and put your feet up. Don't do anything that will cause uterine contractions like sex or heavy lifting.

We only had 1 frostie put in. I had no bleeding at all yesterday but woke today to more pink discharge and then some small red clots when I wiped. It is the weekend and if I wanted to talk to someone, I would have to go to the ER. All I have been doing is nothing! And it is still happening. I feel awful :cry:

Just had my first scan at 7w2d. One healthy little bubble in there with a nice strong heart beat. No sign of what caused the small amount of bleeding and FS all looked really good. He has referred me back to my OBGYN... yay!!! Appt will be in 2 weeks time.

I have having bleeding too.. rushed to ER last night and theres my little sweet pea on the screen with strong heartbeat.. I am 7 weeks too! glad to know someone else is going through it too (well not really cause its super terrifying ) but so happy to hear youre little one is okay!!!!

For anyone else reading this topic with the same concerns, please be aware that it is COMPLETELY normal to have bleeding or even weird funky-colored discharge when you are on progesterone.

So happy things worked out for you at your scan!

I had consistent spotting for about three straight weeks during my first trimester. That, too, was unexplained. I now have a happy and healthy two and a half month old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->