Lighter Life??????

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Has anybody done this?

it looks amazing.. it says on their website that somebody lost 4 dress sizes in 4 months...

I heard somebody died doing this diet?

Got to be pretty hard going!

i am thinking about doing it! its £66 a week though x

yep, they provide all your weekly meals and snacks

I'm on the Cambridge Diet at the moment, and have lost over 5lbs since monday :D

It follows the same format as lighter life, however it's far cheaper, there's much more choice in what you consume, and you see your councellor on a 1 to 1 basis, rather than going to a group session so you get a far more personalised session at a time to suit your needs rather than a whole groups needs.

If you're under 5ft 8, you can expect to pay between £35-£40 a week on your meals (21 packs) with cambridge diet (women over 5ft 8 and all men consume an extra item per day), whereas Lighter Life will cost you £66...

Both diets appeal to different people, but IMO cambridge diet is much much better.

lighter life is the exact same as cambridge diet yet cambridge has more flavours and is alot cheaper.

i have been on it for 5 weeks and have lost 27.5 pounds

Lou
xxx

My mum did lighter life 4 years ago and now dabbles with cambridge.

She was a size 22 and went down to a 10 in 7 months. It was bloody hard work for her and takes some will power but she did so well! She cooked xmas dinner for 10 people and went on an all inclusive holiday and didnt touch a scrap of food!

The only problem is, 2 years on from doing lighter life, shes now a size 18 and struggling once again with her weight. She does cambridge as we cant get hold of lighter life anymore but her willpower lasts about 2 weeks then she gives up! The majority of her friends who lost the weight quickly have also put most of it back on.

I did cambridge for 2 weeks but physically couldnt swallow the shakes by the 2nd week and gagged trying to take them so I gave up :( wasnt for me.

My friend lost 5stone on the lighter life BUT is piling it bk on since she stopped also i must say it turned her into a moody cow while on it

I don't know if i could limit my food to soup and shakes, i'd loose weight then go and get a chinese lol!

Extreme dieting? Didn't you get a BFP Tezzy?

:rofl:

i love my food too much to even consider any type of diet!!!!

i was just interested in how the hell you can loose a stone a month and call it a 'healthy' diet!!!!

now ive read through their site and looked at what it is exactly in my opinion lighter life is absolutely CRAZY... i cant imagine how people do it :rofl:

I *hate* diets. I think they are ridiculous, and so unhealthy.

Eat healthy, snack only on fruits nuts and veg, cut out sugar and salt and exercise at least 30mins a day. The weight will just fall off you.

i dont get how things like that work. surely the minute you start eating proper food you pile all the weight back on??

i was just interested in how the hell you can loose a stone a month and call it a 'healthy' diet!!!!

I lost a stone in a month on slimming world but iv got a lot to loose.

I think Lighter Life is only if you have a BMI of over 30? That way its easier to lose 4 dress sizes, yet when you have little to lose it will take longer/be harder.

I *hate* diets. I think they are ridiculous, and so unhealthy.

Eat healthy, snack only on fruits nuts and veg, cut out sugar and salt and exercise at least 30mins a day. The weight will just fall off you.

I agree!
They are a con and you end up on them forever and spending a lot.
DIY it and its easier to braintrain yourself and cheaper!

I did my way and lost 3 stones in a year and it stayed of because I learnt new habits and ditched the bad ones.

Lighterlife meals replacements are made by the same people as cambridge but cambridge is half the price!! I lost 5 stone in 4 months and thought it was fantastic but beware if you fall off the wagon it goes back on at lightning speed!!! I know!!!

My friend from work did this diet and the weight literally dropped off her.
I couldn't do it though, too strict of a diet for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->