Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Ccongrats girly :D looking forward to seeing her and hearing your birth story x

Thanks ladies. It all happened rather quickly once things got going.

Me and OH had been out shopping all day and out for dinner. Figured we should make the most of going out just the two of us before LO arrived. When we got home, I had another small amount of blood streaked mucus when going to the toilet. Seeing as I was now a week overdue, bit the bullet and DTD hoping it'd trigger off some contractions. Had a shower and then started contracting at about 8.30pm. The contractions got to about 3 minutes apart lasting 50 seconds so we headed to the midwife unit, we got there just after 1am. After sitting there with the MW for a while, she decided to do an internal. Cervix was still posterior and closed. Baby's head was still 2/5s palpable. The contractions were because baby was back to back and so my body was trying to turn her, which meant the contractions weren't dilating me. We were sent home at about 3am to try and rest through the contractions.

At 6am I woke to a contraction followed by a gush. It was quite pink and I was in denial. I didn't believe it was my waters so OH rang the unit to ask if it was likely my waters or just excess discharge and bleeding from the exam. It was my waters. The MW advised to labour at home and call again between 9-10am. Within 10 minutes I was throwing up, a lot! And crying that I couldn't do it. Make it stop!! :haha:

OH called the unit again at about 6.20 to explain that I'd been being sick and that I wasn't coping well with my contractions. I barely managed to speak to the MW on the phone and kept chucking it back at OH every time I had a contraction. We got to the unit at 7am, hardest car journey of my life!! When we got there I had to do a urine sample and was passing several clots. MW examined me to tell me my waters had definitely gone, I was 8cm dilated, and baby was coming. I was already starting to push at this point. She got me straight into the birthing pool while it was still filling and gave me some gas&air.

Baby Violet was born at 9.41am weighing 7lb 10oz in the water.

I delivered the placenta 12 minutes later naturally without the injection and OH cut her cord. Ended up with a 2nd degree tear that required stitches but was discharged home 5 hours later. Was a truly amazing birth.

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg165/Georgie_and_Chris/AC8ABA6B-F635-407E-A936-49508504CDF7-37059-000018B99A976D34_zps7ba7b380.jpg

Hurray girly! How wonderful! She is so adorable. Congratulations :)

Thanks jbell!! Any sign of your little man arriving soon?

Maybe. Having some contraction type stuff. Think I'm going to suck it up and dtd like you ;)

Wow, Girly. Amazing birth! That's crazy that you were 8 cm before arriving at the hospital!

Violet is beautiful! Love the name.

Go for it jbell!! OH is convinced that's what got her out! Lol. And you won't be able to do it for a while once he's here. When people say you fall in love with your OH all over again when you see him being a daddy, they're right!

And good luck, I hope he makes his entrance very VERY soon!!

I love the birth I got. The moment I got in that pool it was all about focusing on pushing. I was so oblivious to anything happening around me. I just can't believe I progressed so quickly. Was really expecting to be told I was maybe at 4cm. But like I said, I was in denial. Turns out I was in transition at home. By the time we got to the hospital I was pretty much over that and just needed to get her out.

i am getting contractions and cramping on and off... i think once i actually go into labour i am not gonna believe it after all this "pre-labour" im having. I read somewhere that it can be common with your second.... because i never had this with Mason. Its actually really starting to get me upset now, because i keep thinking... is this it? Then a couple hours later its all fizzed out. I have this weird feeling i am going to go on the ONE DAY I didnt want to.. Halloween... lol. I have a midwife appt. that day and i am hoping that all these contractions are at least doing something !

The race is on for us Jbell!! lol I think we are the last 2 right?

Well I was most definitely in denial after the amount of pre-labour symptoms I'd been having that led nowhere. Hoping things really get going for the both of you!

I really thought I'd be going into labour on Halloween. Either then or 1st November as that's our anniversary. But rather she decided to come when they issue severe weather warnings across the UK, advising the public not to go out unless unavoidable. Public transport had been cancelled. Luckily the weather wasn't that bad here, but the hospital was empty when we got there!

Girly, I can't believe you went through transition at home! Brave girl. The pool was amazing wasn't it!!

I totally agree with falling in love with your OH even more when you see Hume being a daddy!! My husband has been fantastic. I think he's changed more diapers than I have! We are cloth diapering and it has been so cute to see him learn about the different types. He loves the fluffy butt!

Yep June its just me and you darling! I totally feel you. Every time I feel something I'm just like oh it will go away. So I'm not sure I'm going to realize when it doesn't. My brother wants him born on Halloween so badly but I really don't either. I don't want his birthday to be Halloween. I would love for him to come today as DH's birthday is 1/29 and DH's father's birthday is 8/29. So this would be the third generation with a 29th birthday. I may be a nerd, but I think thats cool. Oh well, since I want him here today it probably won't happen.

Girly, if I have the birth you have I will be so pleased! I'm so happy for you!

I didn't realise I was that far into labour to be honest. I was just begging for OH to make it stop, knock me out and wake me up when the pains gone, or find me some drugs that actually work!! Lol. I'd already thrown up the paracetamol that the MW had told me to take. Yeah, like that's gonna do anything!! :haha:

If you can get the pool, get it! It's so helpful. It eases any pain between contractions and baby arrives so chilled out. It's like they don't realise they're being born.

OH has definitely changed more nappies than I have so far. Mainly as I'm trying to breastfeed, he wants to get involved as much as he can. He's so adorable with her!!

Oh that's cute!! And never say never, I've learnt that! I learnt today that Violet is the 3rd generation to be born on a Monday. I was born on a Monday as was my mum. Love little patterns like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->