Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

congrats girly. lovely birth story.

cheering on our final 2 pumpkins!!

i agree the pool is amazing. i didn't like my epi and loved pethidine! as my birth lasted so long i tried a bit of everything, lol!!

Wow, I didn't know you could try a bit of everything! Lol. Really didn't want an epi, and by the time we got there it would've been too late anyway. Was willing to try pethidine but again, since I was so close to giving birth when we got there it wasn't really worth it. The MW didn't even think I'd really get the benefit from the gas&air as I was already in the pushing stage but there was no way I was going without that. I'd been looking forward to trying some of that!

Listen up jbell and junebugs babies... time to come out now.

Oh i am so hoping my labour goes like yours girly !!! My friend came over today and we tried EVERYTHING to put me into labour.... but nothing.. lol. I kinda knew that would happen thou! I really didnt think i was gonna be one of the last pumpkins thou! There goes my theory of me going early, maybe i will be wrong about the sex since i have been wrong about everything else so far! Girly did you have a feeling on the sex?

We'd been trying all the natural induction theories, apart from castor oil, that I could read up on around my due date. I had just about given up on them all. OH still insists it was the sex that put me into labour. Lol.

I had absolutely no idea. Everyone said boy, I was carrying like I was carrying a boy. All the old wives tales said boy. OH just had an instinct from the start that we were having a girl.

Was Mason late? Everyone expected me to go early as no one in my family has ever gone over before. Think they all jinxed me! :haha:

ya, I have been having sex every day for the past week with nothing to show from it... lol! I haven't tried the castor oil either.... oh well we will see of I go into labour today or tomorrow like I said. Hahahhha

Yew I was late with mason but I heard you go early with your second..... not true for me thou!

Wow, that's dedication!! Lol. I really hope you go soon!!

I'd always heard that but there's been a lot of ladies in the 3rd tri forum who've gone further over with their 2nd or 3rd than their first this time around. My friend had her 2nd little boy last week, he was 10 days late whereas her first was only 8 days late. Starting to think its just another old wives tale.

Try a combo of hours walkingfollowed by dtd after your sweep. This is what worked for me.

So i am kmfx but i started to have my bloody show... when i had that with Mason i went into labour 36 hours later. I also have a appt. tomorrow with the MW for a sweep so that will hopefully help!!! COME ON BABY!

How exciting june! Was it just your mucous plug or blood too?

Earlier today I think I lost my plug. It was a huge glob of mucus. It had a tiny bit of blood but not much.

Woohoo for shows ladies!! I had the start of mine, which was only small with a streak of blood, less than 24 hours before labour started. I hear the common rule of thumb is labour tends to start within 72 hours of your bloody show :thumbup:

June, I hope you don't make it to your sweep, but you go overnight. Violet was born almost exactly an hour before I was due to see the mw for a sweep and to book induction.

Rooting for you jbell!! A tiny bit of blood is still a good sign. It shows your cervix is dilating further.

J Bell this is what worked for me all 3 times.

1st time i was in labour within 12 hours, 2nd time within a similar time and this time within about 8 hours. I was always dilated around 3-4cm before going into labour all 3 times.

Fingers crossed.

Yay to things happening ladies!!!!

Jbell, my water broke around 2:40am, before I got in bed that night, I bounced on my ball for an hour. Don't know if it is what made the difference or not.

Well it looks like I am def. In early labour! Getting contractions every 10-15 mins and had my blood show and getting more with each contraction. They are getting def. More intense! I am just laying in bed now hoping to get a little sleep before it really starts to kick in

Good luck, junebugs! I was in that stupid early labor for almost 24 hours. Definitely rest up, and EAT SOMETHING. I had to deliver my baby girl on a few bites of baked beans and 3 bites of Chinese food eaten the day before. I was begging for food between pushes. Not ideal! Rest and eat!

Go junebugs!! Really hope they progress nicely! Good luck, hopefully I'll be doing the next feed to a birth announcement!!

Looks like we might get a Halloween pumpkin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->