Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Great news Lindss! See, we knew you had nothing to worry about. :D
For all of the ladies who are still worried about their little beans: sending sticky thoughts and lots of love your way! :dust:

Yay Lindss! Hoping I'm as blessed as you!

You will be!! Tomorrow is your apt right? Everything will be perfect!! Xx
How are u feeling now?

Yes I go in the morning. I am still having crampy pains in my back, stomach, and pubic area, but nothing severe. I had a little brown discharge a little while ago. I read in my pregnancy book that pink and brown discharge is generally considered normal so I'm hoping that's true for me.

How are u feeling now?

Yes I go in the morning. I am still having crampy pains in my back, stomach, and pubic area, but nothing severe. I had a little brown discharge a little while ago. I read in my pregnancy book that pink and brown discharge is generally considered normal so I'm hoping that's true for me.

I am having the same syptoms. My cramps at night seem to be worse than throughout the day too. Are your cramps worse at night too? I had pinkish discharge on Thursday and called to make an appointment. I don't get to go in until Friday though. :( GL tomorrow!!! :hugs:

Lindss- that's great news! :hugs:

Sheffie- I feel super bloated as soon as I eat anything :dohh: had some heartburn last night :?

Welcome to the new ladies! :wave: I'm 5 weeks today :dance: had the worst time sleeping last night :sleep:

I hadn't been posting on here because I keep losing the thread lol. I have my first scan scheduled for Valentine's Day!! I'm excited but a little bit nervous too. My last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage I didn't even make it to my first appointment. I miscarried at 9+5. I have felt a little antsy today because the soreness in my boobs is gone. I've had it since the beginning. I know that symptoms come and go. The only other new things is that two days before I hit the 6 week mark, nausea reared its ugly face!! I'm queasy all day, even hearing my DH chew makes me want to gag!! lol!! How is everyone else doing??

How does first tri compare in the UK with the US/Canada?

I know in my last pregnancy, once I'd gone to the doctors to let them know I was pregnant they booked me in with the midwife, at the midwife she took my details and rang to make me a scan appointment for 12 weeks. I didnt get any bloods done, no scans or anything from when I found out until 12 weeks. Those were the most nerve racking twelve weeks of my life(until now :haha:)

Anyway, I see a lot of ladies from across the pond who get blood tests when they find out about pregnancy at the doctors to check their HCG is doubling and such, and also have earlier scans?

Is it common practice to have bloods and to check things sooner there?

I'd love for my doctor to offer me bloods, but alas I think it'll be another 9-10 weeks before I get my bloods done or have a scan! seems like a life time :(

I know in my last pregnancy, once I'd gone to the doctors to let them know I was pregnant they booked me in with the midwife, at the midwife she took my details and rang to make me a scan appointment for 12 weeks. I didnt get any bloods done, no scans or anything from when I found out until 12 weeks. Those were the most nerve racking twelve weeks of my life(until now :haha:)

Anyway, I see a lot of ladies from across the pond who get blood tests when they find out about pregnancy at the doctors to check their HCG is doubling and such, and also have earlier scans?

I'd love for my doctor to offer me bloods, but alas I think it'll be another 9-10 weeks before I get my bloods done or have a scan! seems like a life time :(

I'm also in the UK.

I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday at 5+6. :thumbup: :happydance:

How are u feeling now?

I am having the same syptoms. My cramps at night seem to be worse than throughout the day too. Are your cramps worse at night too? I had pinkish discharge on Thursday and called to make an appointment. I don't get to go in until Friday though. :( GL tomorrow!!! :hugs:

No I would say the cramping is pretty consistent. My best friend is pregnant too, and she says she had the same thing.

Yes I think in the US it is pretty common to get the bloodwork done when you find out, and I know if you push for it and are at a good OBGYN they will do an internal scan. I know having all this done has helped me be more relaxed about the whole process since it is our first baby... Its funny how the practices vary depending on what country you are in, isnt it? Wishing everyone sticky dust. Does anyone have any progesterone levels that they would like to share for 5 weeks?

My OB in the US does draw blood to confirm pregnancy, however they don't tell you the numbers. They told me last time that they would only call if there was something wrong with my blood work. Kind of drives me crazy. Last time I did get a call because numbers were so low. I may ask them to call regardless this time. I hate not knowing! Other than the original blood draw, they wait for you to even see a doctor until like 8 weeks I think for the first scan.

Hi Sisterose, I'm in the UK too :)
I agree it would be great to see our blood work but at the same time I think it would make me worry even more. When's your booking in app? Mine's 28th Feb.
I noticed your ticker, I have a 2 year old girl too :) how are you finding lifting and the tiredness? I'm noticing it already and I'm only 5 weeks!

If they do take your blood, they will have the results on the numbers so there is no reason they shouldnt share them with you freely. Whenever I am getting bloodwork done, I want to know what the results are because I am analytical by nature, and really hate getting my blood taken, so if they are going to take it, there should be no reason to not share the numbers with you. I even have a print out of my bloodwork with all the levels on it. If you really want them so you can see where your HCG and progesterone are at, they should be provided.

If they do take your blood, they will have the results on the numbers so there is no reason they shouldnt share them with you freely. Whenever I am getting bloodwork done, I want to know what the results are because I am analytical by nature, and really hate getting my blood taken, so if they are going to take it, there should be no reason to not share the numbers with you. I even have a print out of my bloodwork with all the levels on it. If you really want them so you can see where your HCG and progesterone are at, they should be provided.

I think with them its really just pure laziness. They assume that if there is nothing wrong there is no need to call and talk to you at all. I am going to ask for a call regardless though. I'm an extremely non-confrontational person and get social anxiety really bad, so when they tell me "this is how we do it" its hard for me to basically just tell them, "no, do it this way." But I really do want to know this time since last time there was a problem. I like facts. They make me feel so much more comfortable.

I think with them its really just pure laziness. They assume that if there is nothing wrong there is no need to call and talk to you at all. I am going to ask for a call regardless though. I'm an extremely non-confrontational person and get social anxiety really bad, so when they tell me "this is how we do it" its hard for me to basically just tell them, "no, do it this way." But I really do want to know this time since last time there was a problem. I like facts. They make me feel so much more comfortable.

that's kind of annoying of them! My hospital has a program called myhealth and within hours the results are posted and the dr. send an email letting me know all is well. I would call and be persistent, it will ease your mind:)

I'm the same and hate having to ask for things but if you are going to worry otherwise I'd call and say that you would like to know everything, if they get arsey, explain that you are worried. Sending hugs, social anxiety sucks xxx

Just had one of those moments where I'm just totally in awe of the fact I'm going to do this all again, I loved being pregant with my Jellybean, currently on :cloud9:

Thats what is sounds like being lazy, or too busy, but the truth is your their client, you could go else where to get the bloodwork done, and if they want to keep you as their client and make this pregnancy easier on you, then it will only take them 2 seconds to tell you the HCG and Pogesterone esp if they made you come in and get it done again cause they said something wasn't right. You are the mommy now and that means getting used to being the lion and demanding what you deserve esp anything for you and your babies best interest....I too have social anxiety but when it comes to my health and my mental stability, nothing will stop me from getting that peace of mind. You dont have to be aggressive, but clearly let them know why you want to know and how it will benefit you and your baby, from decreasing the stress of not knowing exactly where you are at. Sending lion vibes your way!! You can do it!

All my results go to my e health too and I can check them.

Thats what is sounds like being lazy, or too busy, but the truth is your their client, you could go else where to get the bloodwork done, and if they want to keep you as their client and make this pregnancy easier on you, then it will only take them 2 seconds to tell you the HCG and Pogesterone esp if they made you come in and get it done again cause they said something wasn't right. You are the mommy now and that means getting used to being the lion and demanding what you deserve esp anything for you and your babies best interest....I too have social anxiety but when it comes to my health and my mental stability, nothing will stop me from getting that peace of mind. You dont have to be aggressive, but clearly let them know why you want to know and how it will benefit you and your baby, from decreasing the stress of not knowing exactly where you are at. Sending lion vibes your way!! You can do it!

Yeah, I'm really going to have to work on that whole "being a lion" thing, haha. I'm ridiculously shy and horrible about standing up for myself. Even with kids! Its so sad. Even my dogs walk all over me (literally sometimes!). I worry about my mommy abilities sometimes. I am afraid I'm going to have the brattiest kids alive because I am awful at discipline.

You will have wonderful babies who will love you immensely! They will look to you to defend them though and be the lion, there are going to be lots of situations we are all going to face where we are going to need to stand up for ourselves and our babies or else noone else will! That is our job now and I think it will come very naturally for everyone once we actually have our babies here! <3 <3 <3 I know its easier said then done, but right now is the perfect time for you to start practicing. Its like men, they want someone who knows what she wants, goes after it and demands it....strong men think this is very sexy! :) I know you have it in you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->